The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 3 ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 3 OoC81
ROA

+10
Yuuki
Leif
Arik
Lexia
Miri
Guryon
Aiko
Hisashi
Cedric
Jhonen
14 posters

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes]

Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Insanity
    Species: Unknown
    Alignment : Chaotic Evil

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 3 Empty Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes]

Post by Lexia Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The TV flickered, power cutting in an out as the city blocks power began to fail. Pictures, broken recordings kept playing. On a loop. Continuous. Endless. Something that would always keep playing until control had been taken once more. This recording was sent out more than... How long it truly was remained unknown to many. Some considered it mere hours ago that the hell began, but some others claimed weeks. But, in reality, it was merely three days ago, and the flickering and broken sentences kept repeating. The message being sent out, played over and over again.

"This is a state emergency... Everyone who is able to, help the weak get to the safe houses. Repeated, everyone who is able, guide people to the safe houses. Get the people off the streets. Your safety is our top priori-"

The words faded as the side of the building was ripped apart, adding it's rubble to the rest of the destruction which lay around them. At its centre, an old and abandoned house lay. The ruins would add to the giant fires which stretched up into the sky. Embers flickered and burnt in the sky, lighting it up like glow flies. Dozens of central city blocks which use to be tall and proud buildings, were instead laying on the ground, stripped bare from what they use to be. Holes, claw markings... The beginnings of turning this great city into a giant wasteland, something which wouldn't be recognised anymore. A howl ripped through the sky, a manic laugh coming from the new source of chaos.

What the news reports and transmissions left out...

Was that they couldn't stop it.

Not even with their machinery.

Nothing could stop it.

It's claws slammed into a building, the howl tearing from its throat in a cackled laughter. Two dozen soldiers, military units, defended the escaping citizens by using their guns against it. It laughed, it's tail lashing around to strike half a dozen men away, their bodies smeared against the ground. Shields came up in front of it, blocking the weapons which they used. Nothing was able to get through those damn shields, and the government began to panic.

The feed of the destruction of their city was live through security cameras, and they erupted in an argument. Some approving the use of nuclear weaponry. Others declining it, saying there were too many innocents around. Others countered that it would save the world from the beast. But, alas, even in their time of trial, they would never agree, always bickering with one another.

Insanity called upon its powers again, flicking its hand as it opened a portal. Turning to it, it grinned at the scattering people which it saw through them. With a partial laugh, it would dive through the portal, it's claws beginning their arc down and across several cars. They were thrown high, and would land against the masses if they didn't move into the free space around them. Panic stricken, they wouldn't move on their own. One would land in the centre of the masses, two near the left and five on the right.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD REMEMBER! THE FEAR OF MY WRATH, WRITHE ON THE GROUND WITH TERROR AND ALLOW YOURSELVES TO JOIN THE CRIMSON RIVERS OF MY DOMAIN!" It shouted, grinning manically. Following up its previous attack, Insanity would use its tail, slamming against the base of a small building to their right. A small eruption of stone and bricks would blind them, followed by the building collapsing on top of them.

If these attacks weren't tended to, Insanity estimated the death toll increasing by at least a few hundred...

It smirked. This was how life should be.

But little did the beast know, just over a dozen souls would stand up to it and defy it, try to stop the beast in its tracks. Their orders would be clear, help people get out of there.

Then subdue the monster.

( REFUGE GROUP A. You are up for posting! I think it's clear what you need to do. Remember, work as a team, the masses are very stubborn. (And maybe your characters are too, but whatever!)

You have 3 days :)

Health: 98%
    Sanity: 0%
    Total death toll: 200 )

Necromancer

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 3 Empty Re: Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes]

Post by Necromancer Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Even though he had his wing sheered off, this was all part of the plan, surprisingly.

It just hurt like hell.

His strangled cries of pain was enough to alert his sister, who had tried to help him up. His wing, still there, flapped weakly with every step that they took. "Come on, the clearing's close, and that thing's dying to get to it..." He mumbled, having released control of that creature long ago- as soon as his wing had been taken out.

"Oh shut up with your puns- now's not the time, but... at least that things following us still.."

The Necromancer was going to respond to that- but when he turned his head, all he could do was give a partial warning shout before the tail lashed around from behind the two of them. It cracked violently across the Wanderers back, slashing through her vest and shirt and partially damaging her back. For the Necromancer, it did something similar, slamming them both into the air. The Necromancer used his wing to partially balance himself, but, damn thermals had something to say about that as they simply flicked him off balance and cracked his wing straight into the concrete. He knew it'd snapped the moment he landed, the pain that went through him caused another cry from him.

Dang. Both his wings were injured or missing... She was going to murder him again for this.

Slowly, he turned to face the beast, a smirk on his face as he declared one thing against its insults; "You're really an idiot. Whatever you are. You're stupid."

In the next few moments, the light that had been observing from high above, curled his wings in and dove straight down. The following collisions and fight was something that the Necromancer had to turn his eyes away from. The blinding light burned into him as he pulled himself to his feet, staggering away from there and towards their sister. She had landed the furthest away, having been thrown roughly three hundred feet and landed a hundred feet to the Necromancers right. But before he could even get close, something... Weird happened.

Walls of inky darkness suddenly formed at the monsters howl- who had appeared right before his sister, moments after it had gone through its own portal.

The Necromancer paused for a few moments, before reaching up the the inky darkness that seemed to surround an area in a somewhat dome-like shape. But upon touching the darkness, a hiss of pain came from his lips as he tore his hand away. "Archangel, don't touch it! It tears apart whatever touches it!" He warned, looking at his bleeding fingers, before his eyes flickered back to the darkness.

"Is there a way into it from above? She's in there!"
    Archangel
    Archangel

Male Posts : 3

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 3 Empty Re: Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes]

Post by Archangel Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 am

The Archangel's wings curled, dive-bombing that son of a bitch as he threw out the orb in front of him. The light, mixed with his own absorbed light, crashed down against the white pelt of I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, that forsaken beast that decided that hurting his siblings was a good idea. But by Light herself, this was the exact thing that the Archangel was NOT going to tolerate and let happen countless times, over and over again and just stand there watching the hell unfold!

The side of the beast was blown open, the force sending skin apart and badly burning its pelt as blood was scattered everywhere. The monster collapsed on its side, the anger burning in the Archangels sapphire eyes that glared down at it. It served the fucking monster right, it should never mess with his family. Archangel was about to lower itself to the ground- only to pause when the monster... started to get back up.... the wounds healing and knitting themselves.

The surprise must have shown on his face as the beast responded with its own manic laughter. Acting as if they had made some fatal mistake. Quick to act, the Archangel dove down from his position, fist coming up- only to meet I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's own, despite the speed he enhanced himself with. Glowing like a damn sun, the Archangel brought down a barrage of swift attacks down upon I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý. However, with every blow, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý matched his speed which was blurred to onlookers. The light intensified at his hands, expelling it to increase any damage he would get through onto the monster.

He even tore out some of I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's teeth- only for it to heal them right away!

Anger drove him to act again, leaping away partially as he called the lights to his palm- before, only a fraction of a second later, bringing it down across I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's skull. Only for the white beast to disappear in its own portal. However... it was odd... It instantly closed. His eyes searched quickly- a cry of distress coming from him as he took to the sky, diving straight for his sister.

Only for something to come between them.

His wings flew open at his brothers warning, stopping him from killing himself. Ascending over the dome, the Archangel swore again.

"There's... No way through..."

"At least I managed to tell you guys about the arm before this thing came up- maybe she'll get lucky enough to break it."

The Archangel landed next to his brother, who's scarf had fallen from his face from being thrown around. The black blood lined the inside of the red scarf, his eyes had partially sunken in their sockets. His muscle was partially wasted away, the bones on his face showing that he'd used far too much of his power in the chase. Slowly, the Archangel shook his head.

"No... She's... never had luck on her side..."

The Necromancer remained silent, just staring at the inky wall, unable to answer. Because they both knew how true that statement was.
    The Lost Wanderer
    The Lost Wanderer

Female Posts : 5

Post by The Lost Wanderer Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:42 am

The last thing that she wanted was for her arm to snap. But she'd be a fucking liar if she didn't admit that every inch of her ached. Her arms were covered in grazes, her pants across her right shin worn through and grazed against the concrete that was basically the floor of this darn area. She hissed in pain, her fingers grabbing the break over her arm as she gritted her teeth. Dammit. This wasn't what she signed up for.

But it actually was when she decided to fight for this place.

Drawing water from the depths beneath the concrete and from the rain that had randomly started to form, she wrapped it around her light wounds, rapidly healing them before creating a case of the densest ice that she could around her arm. That'd keep the break from becoming worse-but also keep that limb partially movable. She tested that theory out as she pushed herself from the ground, the last of her waters forming a partial brace for her arm around her neck, something similar to a sling.

It was cold, but she'd developed a resistance to that a long time ago. Oh the pros about having part of the genome of a beast of the depths that didn't care about the cold.

However, when she had stood, the beast was suddenly near her again. Instantly, at its howl, an ebony dome began to form, rapidly rising from the ground to meet seventy feet over her head- as well as the same distance beneath her. It took the shape of an oval, the Wanderer being in the very center of the object and she estimated that it was around 150 feet away from her in all directions. The air seemed partially hazy, normal average colours mixed with red and blacks, which more than did her head in.

The concrete she stood on cracked, fragmenting as some was torn and raised at various heights of the dome. Fragments of dirt also began to float, partially making a stream towards the larger floating masses of concrete. They didn't care about gravity apparently, but they also had some sort of pull of their own as I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý leaped from one onto another, its upside-down form smirking right into the Wanderer's face. So those floating things could be used as a place to just simply stand on, almost like they were their own mini earths in this weird field... that'd be helpful to know for later.

"YOU'RE MINE!"

The howl was the only thing that the Wanderer would listen to as its form leaped towards her once more. Heart in her throat, the Wanderer dropped to the ground, using her uninjured right hand to push her away from the beast. Her hand took some of the ice from her brace, forming a spear and throwing it- only... for it to dissolve into nothing...

She cursed again, almost too distracted to notice I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's tail heading straight for her back...

I need this for her now.
    Health: 90% (Woo broken arm for the win)
    Archangel
    Archangel

Male Posts : 3

Post by Archangel Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:47 pm

By the time the shield dropped, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý stood over the Wanderer, its arm brutally slashed and disfigured. But that wasn't what made the Necromancer stand, their scars and injuries blackening with the power that they were suddenly calling upon. Rage drove through them, manipulating the bodies of what laid around them- but he refused to touch one.

The one of their sister.

Light flowed through the Archangel, their hands spreading out slowly before them. "Brother, retrieve her and come back to me." His voice, normally forming words gently and speaking with care, was harsh and almost daring anyone to go against what he was instructing. However, the Necromancer knew this tone, nodding sharply. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý chuckled darkly, coughing up blood that trailed down its snowy hide. Their sister had done a number on it, but that's not what the Archangel had in mind for what would happen this day. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý was tired, exhausted even, but still murdered their sibling. A female so far from home. And that in itself was wrong. He refused to stand by it.

The sunlight itself bent to the Archangels calling, twisting and coiling around him.

The Necromancer dove forward, reforged and bloodied wings beating hard as he also used the mass of bodies which he had summoned to collide against I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, before snatching her up into his arms, her lifeless body limp in his grip. With a beat of his wings, the Archangel rose from the ground which he stood upon, power flowing from his fingertips. He was angry. Beyond furious. The Necomancer, despite the blood which dripped freely down his black and bleeding wings, thrust himself from the ground to join his brother in the sky. Choking on its own blood, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý rose its twisted white maw to the pair, snarling violently. "It was simple enough to take care of your sister~! What makes you think you two will be any different!"

The Archangel lowered his head, blue eyes locking with manic green as a small smile pulled on his face. "Because you're alone and you know the limits of this reality. Whereas... We do not." With that, the Archangel called upon the power of the light, the stars, the sun and space itself. A cry of pain came from him, the skin glistening with golden veins of sheer magic that he was calling upon. But he wouldn't stop. Not this time. His hand rose as if to receive a gift, the light slashing easily through the hide of I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý and carving out the stone, before wrapping it and pulling it to him. The sickly purple that corrupted it and tainted its very being in a thick coating, the light purged it. White brilliance broke through the purple, revealing a small blue and red speckled stone, free from its corruption.

Anger may have dripped from the Archangel, but he was not going to evict his wrath upon a realm foreign to him. That was not his bidding. But there was one thing which he could do. Ignoring the screaming beast below the three of them, he encased the three within an orb, something which wouldn't be able to be broken. And there...

He released the power that he held. Slowly, time began to reverse.

Buildings began to repair themselves.

The beast withered down, back to the form which it loathed so much, yet at the same time, also was one with. A girl, standing in among a park... That's where they left her.

The one who was crushed underneath the building, the Necromancer rushed forward to pull free.

The man who caused their sister to stay in such a realm, the Archangel ignored.

The ones who lost their lives were resurrected by the Necromancer, allowing them a second chance at life.

Between the two brothers, they knitted, stitched back time to what it was before the chaos started, but they knew that the woman hosting the beast would remember every single thing.

But she would be the only one who did. It would be her burden to carry for eternity. But a burden she would learn to share and not carry alone.

Still housing the power of the corruption in his hand, the Archangel purified it. A gift was formed in his hand from them, crystals, shards which he scattered across the city. They would find their way to those who defended the city so nobly, granting them powers above others.

To the rest, he spread out the remaining power of the corruption- but not in its original form. It would increase their strengths. But not too much... Just enough to challenge those which come once more to take their realm.

And thus, the two returned to their realm, praying to their godesses that they would spare the grim fate of their sister.

A tear fell from Lexia's blue eyes, the harsh voice that tormented her for so long, finally became one of kindness, rage, but justified rage and anger.

And life on Xastarian continued...

As if it never happened, trapped within the memories of the woman who caused the whole event.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Insanity
    Species: Unknown
    Alignment : Chaotic Evil

Post by Lexia Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Thank you everyone for your patience with this event and for bearing with me as the hiccups prevented this from being finished.

However! Through the power of staff and everything, we have agreed. We are going to raise the power level of the site.

To those of you who actively participated in this event you will be receiving crystals. I will make a topic explaining these at a later date as well as posting an example of how they can be used.

Thank you one and all for everything!

Until next time...

~Lexia

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:15 am