The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 2 ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 2 OoC81
ROA

+10
Yuuki
Leif
Arik
Lexia
Miri
Guryon
Aiko
Hisashi
Cedric
Jhonen
14 posters

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes]

Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Insanity
    Species: Unknown
    Alignment : Chaotic Evil

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 2 Empty Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes]

Post by Lexia Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The TV flickered, power cutting in an out as the city blocks power began to fail. Pictures, broken recordings kept playing. On a loop. Continuous. Endless. Something that would always keep playing until control had been taken once more. This recording was sent out more than... How long it truly was remained unknown to many. Some considered it mere hours ago that the hell began, but some others claimed weeks. But, in reality, it was merely three days ago, and the flickering and broken sentences kept repeating. The message being sent out, played over and over again.

"This is a state emergency... Everyone who is able to, help the weak get to the safe houses. Repeated, everyone who is able, guide people to the safe houses. Get the people off the streets. Your safety is our top priori-"

The words faded as the side of the building was ripped apart, adding it's rubble to the rest of the destruction which lay around them. At its centre, an old and abandoned house lay. The ruins would add to the giant fires which stretched up into the sky. Embers flickered and burnt in the sky, lighting it up like glow flies. Dozens of central city blocks which use to be tall and proud buildings, were instead laying on the ground, stripped bare from what they use to be. Holes, claw markings... The beginnings of turning this great city into a giant wasteland, something which wouldn't be recognised anymore. A howl ripped through the sky, a manic laugh coming from the new source of chaos.

What the news reports and transmissions left out...

Was that they couldn't stop it.

Not even with their machinery.

Nothing could stop it.

It's claws slammed into a building, the howl tearing from its throat in a cackled laughter. Two dozen soldiers, military units, defended the escaping citizens by using their guns against it. It laughed, it's tail lashing around to strike half a dozen men away, their bodies smeared against the ground. Shields came up in front of it, blocking the weapons which they used. Nothing was able to get through those damn shields, and the government began to panic.

The feed of the destruction of their city was live through security cameras, and they erupted in an argument. Some approving the use of nuclear weaponry. Others declining it, saying there were too many innocents around. Others countered that it would save the world from the beast. But, alas, even in their time of trial, they would never agree, always bickering with one another.

Insanity called upon its powers again, flicking its hand as it opened a portal. Turning to it, it grinned at the scattering people which it saw through them. With a partial laugh, it would dive through the portal, it's claws beginning their arc down and across several cars. They were thrown high, and would land against the masses if they didn't move into the free space around them. Panic stricken, they wouldn't move on their own. One would land in the centre of the masses, two near the left and five on the right.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD REMEMBER! THE FEAR OF MY WRATH, WRITHE ON THE GROUND WITH TERROR AND ALLOW YOURSELVES TO JOIN THE CRIMSON RIVERS OF MY DOMAIN!" It shouted, grinning manically. Following up its previous attack, Insanity would use its tail, slamming against the base of a small building to their right. A small eruption of stone and bricks would blind them, followed by the building collapsing on top of them.

If these attacks weren't tended to, Insanity estimated the death toll increasing by at least a few hundred...

It smirked. This was how life should be.

But little did the beast know, just over a dozen souls would stand up to it and defy it, try to stop the beast in its tracks. Their orders would be clear, help people get out of there.

Then subdue the monster.

( REFUGE GROUP A. You are up for posting! I think it's clear what you need to do. Remember, work as a team, the masses are very stubborn. (And maybe your characters are too, but whatever!)

You have 3 days :)

Health: 98%
    Sanity: 0%
    Total death toll: 200 )

Miri

Character sheet
    Character Name: Nova Setsuna
    Species: Human
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 2 Empty Re: Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes]

Post by Miri Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:44 am

The beast seemed to take damage from Nebula's attack, but she knew that it wasn't time to celebrate. Nobody else seemed to have approached or attacked I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, which meant that the beast would be focused entirely onto the masked figure.

And it was. Nebula was tackled from behind, the white beast lunging straight towards her with no time for reactions. Nebula was instantly snatched up in I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's grasp. being thrown straight into the urban concrete of the city. She was bloodied and bruised head to toe - her armour was made to protect her from close combat blows, not to absorb shock damage. She slid her hand over her face and took the mask off - the edges were digging into her temples. Opting to just lie there aimlessly (she'd done her part; it was time for someone else's move), she was surprised when someone actually came to help her out.

Water flooded her mouth, washing out the dull, metallic taste of blood. Her ears rang, and she could barely croak out a "Thank you..." But she doubted the man could hear it.

"Stay here," she heard, once the ringing had stopped. She was put into a sitting position, before the man ran away, yelling. Her breaths were heavy and laboured, and she probably needed intense medical attention. With the amount of corruption Nebula had expelled from herself, she wouldn't be able to use any of her abilities, and she couldn't regen. So she sat down, eyes starting to droop.

[short rip.]
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes] - Page 2 Empty Re: Xastristan, meet the Void [EVENT. Combat, some mature scenes]

Post by Lexia Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:58 pm

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý’s maw billowed with black energy, the substance of darkness dancing between its fangs and dripped from its white maw. A powerful blow was primed at its muzzle and the beast allowed its muzzle to twist into a victorious smirk.

"Hello, friend!"

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý froze, it’s cunning and forever shining green eyes froze as it suddenly became stunned with disbelief. What did they hope to achieve with such a pathetic square box?! The beast allowed a roar to tear from its throat, a sickening and horrifying noise which was enough to pierce the soul. That sound would quickly turn into that of an agonising pain as loud howls and yips would tear through its core. The noise, the sound... It was shrill an painful against its ears. It’s head shook left and right, the back energy from its maw trailing behind the movements. ”Stop... Stop! STOP!”

With an infuriated howl, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý’s beam would billow from its jaw, sweeping it across the ground to clear away the annoying and rather yippy dogs. It would remain frozen for a few moments, the beam requiring its attention so that it wouldn’t billow back and explode in its face. Powerlines, buildings, cars were torn in half from the destructive beam.

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý’s beam would end suddenly, the mobility returning to the creature as it would turn, its wicked eyes snapping left and right as it attempted to find the humans that continuously stopped it. She snarled. No.. It snarled as its gaze rested upon the creatures that refused to let it have its fun. ”Must you keep attempting these futile attempts of preventing me from doing anything? I’m trying to cleanse your stupid world of these unintelligible life forms.”

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý would slowly walk towards them, the paws beginning their deathly glow as it’s paws sparked, every step allowing the ground to burn beneath it. ”What do you really want to accomplish? There’s nothing that can save you from dying~ Let me just end it for you. It will be much nicer and I promise...

I’ll give you a quick death!”

With that, its claws would curl under the cement around its paws. A grunt of exertion would come from its throat before flicking slabs at the pesky humans. Five would come crashing down on top of the pair, Arik and Leif. Another three she- no, it would the tear free three more to lift and slam down against the ground over the safe house. She hated... It snarled, before taking several swift steps forward to bring its claws down upon them.

Portals would near I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, allowing others to come to the field if they so desired to come to their bloodied deaths.

Stupid creatures...

( Sorry for the late reply, love me!

Arik, Jhonen, Leif, if you guys want, you can reply... Aside from that, Sly! Yuuki! Guryon! Let’s go. You guys can post if you would like!

Health: 87%
    Sanity: 10%
    TDC: 419
    Core stability: 60% )
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Male Posts : 342

Character sheet
    Character Name: Sly
    Alignment : True Neutral

Post by sLy Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:53 pm

One of many things he noted of this creatures was how elusive it was. Again and again, it relied on the portals to move into different sectors. He hated portals. How was anyone going to stop a creature that could go anywhere it pleases? He did want it to resolve with fighting, but neither did he want to sit here and ponder, with every second lost could be another citizen dead. After a moment's rest, he assessed his surroundings. There were no more screams, no signs of life of the citizens. He supposed he had evacuated them and cleared this sector for now.

Sly was about to consider moving to the next, then realised that his only way of getting between sectors was through Cedric. Now that he had was gone to do his own thing, Sly was left on his own. Then again, it seemed the portal I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý was using lingered. He stared at it, wondering what would happen if he stepped into it. It was a portal after all, but he was unsure if it was specifically only for the beast. Then again, what else could he do? The people would be dead or gone by the time he arrived in even the closest sector. Having recovered some fatigue and strains, he darted for it and jumped in. As he did so, all his structures within the safehouse would dissipate and fly back towards his new location.

The sensation was... odd to say the least. It was freezing cold, but also relaxing? He did not want to stay to ponder it, but as he looked up, he found himself in a different sight. Sure enough, there were people here, but not just the citizens. The first he found was Arik, along with a blonde haired man who... looked almost quite similar to Sly. He arrived just as I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý pulled out slabs of concrete from beneath and lunging most of it towards the air, a few heading to one of the safehouses. Crap! Sly thought, an arm out and Mirage formed in his grip. There were people in there, but before he could consider throwing the blade, his attention went back to Arik. He stiffened, heart pounding as he realised what choice he had to make.

If he were to think in numbers, the safehouse would be the best. But Arik was a companion of the guild. If he died right in front of him...

Sly growled between his teeth, looking at the safehouse. What was he doing? He should not stall for time. Just pick one! He pulled Mirage all the way as back as his arm would allow and, with all his strength, flung the weapon towards the concrete heading for the safehouse. When the blade left, his arm started to flare and Sly bellowed, clutching his arm as he fell onto one knee. The pain seared him, from the forearm up to his shoulder. He forced himself to look up, the blade having reached the slabs. With a high hum, Mirage released a sphere of a blue energy, radiating out, a dome shield that pushed away the slabs and hurling one or two back towards I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý. Mirage would then clatter against the wall of the building and onto the ground, far away from Sly.

I'm sorry, he whispered, looking up to Arik, still holding onto his arm.

--

Health: 85% (arm sprained like a boss: -5%)
    Pieces: 75% +5% (Capacitor) + 60% (2 Amplifier refund) + 40% (Capacitor refund) - 60% (dome shield)

Structures active:

Mirage blade
    Arik
    Arik

Male Posts : 83

Character sheet
    Character Name: Arik
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by Arik Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Arik watched as the blonde seemed to use his little robot friend to try and distract the creature- something which he wouldn't have expected. The man seemed to have liked the little robot, and Arik knew he wouldn't have thrown his laptop at the beast. Although, it did seem to do something as the white creature froze, before letting out a roar that left the male frozen in shock. It made his gut twist, he had never heard a noise like that before. He was glad he wasn't a were right now, the sound probably would have caused him pain at that point.

If only there was more he could do like this, telepathy wouldn't do any good, not that he could use it anyways. The beast was too far away to throw anything at it, takes too much time for the dead, probably still be beaten as a were, and he wasn't planning to use any of these abilities anyways. He was a strategist, not a fighter. He worked with the team fighting, not directly fighting. Brains not brawn. The only thing he could hope for would be to keep as many people alive as possible from this thing, and hope that he didn't die in the process. Arik tapped his communicator again, only to still be receiving static. He at least hoped that they were okay.

The creature's beam brought him back from his thinking, and it was a good thing too. The beam went through practically everything. How were they going to stop that? Arik wondered if their efforts would be for anything, or if they were all going to be for nothing. The were watched as the white beast finished it's beam and started to walk, it's paws sparkling, something that looked beautiful but he knew was deadly. But what he didn't know was what to do, and all he could do was sit there and stare. The grotesque creature was somehow mesmerizing, and he didn't even hear what it was saying. Maybe he was just too shocked to be.

Once he realized what it was doing after that though, he began to run. Looking over his shoulder he stumbled a bit on the ground, but regain his footing soon after. The beast had thrown chunks of concrete at him, and he wasn't sure how he was going to avoid them. As of now, running seemed to be his best bet- there were no buildings close enough or that looked safe enough to go in. The pieces had too much of a range to fully avoid if he went to the side. Every step he took they came closer, so he turned and kept running, hopeful enough to avoid them.

It wasn't enough, and he felt something hit his back and the ground hit his face before everything went dark.
    Leif
    Leif

Male Posts : 60

Character sheet
    Character Name: Leif

Post by Leif Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Leif was pelted with shards of rubble as the beast ripped out chunks of concrete from the surrounding buildings. He wasn't able to fight, and all that he could do was try to keep the monster away from other people, but he was selfish. He didn't want to get hurt. He would feel bad that other people died, but it's not like he knew any of them personally.

As he began to run away from the chunks of concrete that were being thrown, it felt like time slowed down for him. He began to think about his accomplishments, his family, his friends. His regrets. This must be what it's like when you know you're about to die, he thought.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted an alleyway. It seemed like it would be safe enough for him, but what had happened to the man who had asked him to distract the monster? Leif still didn't know his name, but he figured that if they ever got out of this mess, they would have time to talk. He peeked out from around the corner of the alley and spotted a form a little ways ahead in the direction opposite the beast. It didn't seem to be moving, and he didn't remember seeing on his way in. He looked back towards the monster and hoped that it would be distracted long enough for him to get a closer look at whoever was laying in the middle of the street. An alley across the street came into view and Leif decided that he would run across and get closer to whoever was hurt.

Quby had been silent the entire time, but Leif didn't seem to notice. Quby knew who the person in the street was, and it wasn't about to tell Leif, or he would go running off doing something reckless like try and save the man in the street. Before it knew what had happened, they were already in the other alley across the street, and it was only a matter of time before Leif saw who had fallen.

Leif was getting closer to the figure in the street as he ran from alley to alley, taking small breaks in between. By now, he figured that he would be able to see who it was, and he took a look out of the alley towards the man. He squinted so he could see farther and his teeth clenched as he saw who it was. He knew he couldn't be selfless and go face the beast himself, but he did know that he had enough strength to pull the man he had been with earlier into the alley. Leif set Quby down and motioned for it to stay put while he went to help. It was his job, after all, to help people.

The blonde ran over to the man and reached under his arms to pull him to safety. It seemed that he was unconscious, which definitely wasn't a good thing in this situation. He struggled for a few seconds as he found a way to lift up the man's body and leave his legs dragging on the ground. It only took a few minutes to get the unconscious man into the alley where Quby was. He had lost his water somewhere between the monster and the alley, but hopefully they wouldn't need some for a while.
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

Female Posts : 324

Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki

Post by Yuuki Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Yuuki exhaled, reigning in her pants as her heartbeat slowed. The monster--Lexia--had disappeared, but Yuuki could still most definitely hear and see the rampage that it had left behind in its wake. She grimaced, and flexed her artificial limb, hearing the slight creaking of the knee joint.  Ah, a bit damaged. At least it was still in functioning order, otherwise Yuuki would have been out for the count. She hummed, creating a mental note in her brain to buy some new material for the leg. Brushing off dust and light rubble, the young woman glanced around cautiously. Rubble everywhere. Fallen buildings, dead bodies, people cowering inside the small shops littered underneath the damaged skyscrapers. What a mess. What an absolute, goddamn mess.

Well, at least she had cleared most of the citizens away. They should be safe for now, unless I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý decided to come back, but Yuuki doubted it. Multiple portals were opened around her block, and Yuuki eyed them curiously. These were the things that I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý used to travel places? No wonder I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý could so suddenly appear and then disappear right after. What a terrifying monster. As Yuuki neared the portal, she could feel the very energy that the monster radiated, emit from the portal itself. Was it dangerous? What if it was only meant for monsters like I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý? Yuuki worried her bottom lip hesitantly. But she had to take a chance, if she wanted to get to I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý fast enough. She took a deep breath, and plunged through.

It was an odd feeling, as if something cold was crawling down her spine. But she did not have enough time to consider it, as her feet immediately touched down on the rough ground. And lo and behold, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý was crutched right in front of her. And had arrived right on the scene of gigantic concrete slabs heading in a direction, seemingly to crush the warehouse that was housing citizens. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the familiar figures of Arik and Sly, jolting violently when she saw Arik get knocked down by a piece of rubble.

Yuuki jolted violently, the thought registering in her brain that, Arik could have died from that hit. She hesitated for a few seconds when she noticed another blonde figure darting forward to drag Arik away to safety, and breathed a slight sigh of relief. At least Arik was out of danger, for now.

Sly was the one who was still in trouble.

Yuuki pivoted, taking off towards Sly with an extra boost of speed. She skidded to a halt next to him, crouching down as she balanced on the balls of her feet. She frowned at the way he was holding his arm. Was it broken? Sprained? Whatever it was, it was injured of some kind. "Sly, we need to leave," she said urgently, offering a hand towards his non-injured arm. "Let me help you up." Her eyes were still trained on I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, carefully observing whether the monster was to make another move.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:13 pm

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý would stand and watch, the ever present sneer and smile still incredibly visible on its face. The beast continued to lower the silky white arm, blood smeared across its shoulder from the wounds it previously held. It throbbed painfully, the pain antagonising it further as it was still a physical being, much to its annoyance. The pain, annoyance and the constant shrieking of the people it relentlessly slaughtered kept fed its bloodthirsty nature, but kept making it angry every time it heard their cries.

If you don't like it, then stop! You don't need to kill them!

Its paw gently came in contact with the ground, the paw pads keeping its vicious claws from the ground. By the time this happened, it's ears pricked backwards, noticing a rather peculiar sound. Turning its great head, it witnessed a blue dome spring forth from a small device. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's body froze. The sadistic smile faltered. That was their magic... An anger bubbled deep in its chest as it slowly turned its head further. It was here. Where was it! The concrete would rebound, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý knew that and its body would sink to the ground, spreading its legs so its belly and chest would brush against it. The pieces would sail harmlessly past it. As its claws still burned and glowed with sheer power, the same couldn't be said for its portals. Slowly, they would seal shut, but not before someone could come through them. Who that someone was caught its eye. Or mainly the movement did.

A snarl came from it as it raised its back once more, stalking forward towards the female that came through. It froze midstride, the faint power tugging at its core and it growled, predicting where the female would run to. That human... He has it! That filthy scum!

Don't you dare... The weak shadow in its mind growled with a ferocity that caught I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý by surprise, it's next step faltering. If you stop distracting me, I'll make their death quick~! Keep doing so and it shall be much longer and quite torturous... A punishment that that creature deserves for stealing it!

With that, the shadow would falter and I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý turned its attention back to them. With a speed that was unnatural, the beast would launch itself forward, the claws shimmering overhead for a downwards strike on the pair, Sly and Yuuki. Its long tail would then drag across the ground, aiming for their legs.

"YOU FILTHY BEAST! How DARE YOU STEAL IT!" I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý roared, its voice carrying across the rubble, causing people even in the safehouse to flinch in fear. To where the male would dodge, its claws came across in a sideswipe. "RELINQUISH IT! GIVE IT BACK TO ME!" It howled, its fangs flashing as it would attempt to bite Sly as well. If the female tried to get closer again, the tail would swing around for a second time to strike her.

"We need more support, the beast is here." The radio crackled in the dark, hidden beneath the window in the remains of an old home. Crouched in the same room were another eleven people, four of them injured, but all still willing to put up a fight against the beast that plagued their streets. "Understood, backup will be there in approximately five minutes. Be advised, we will be bringing in highly explosive weaponry. Evacuate all civilians out of the safehouse."

"That's no longer an option, civilians trapped under the claws of the beast."

"Understood."

The radio crackled, dead on the other side. The man sighed, pressing his back against the wall as he peered through the window again. Foolishly, people would attempt to fight this beast... But he knew that there was no hope. However, in the middle of thinking that, he witnessed two people entering an alleyway, one seemingly dead. After instructing another to take his position, the man ran down onto the ground floor, closing the distance rapidly before asking the blonde haired man, "What happened to him?" He would inquire, bending over to help the unconcious figure down. From there, he would wait for Leif to give his answer before he would treat the wound with the limited supplies that he had in his vest.

( Arik (if you want to!), Leif, Sly and Yuuki! You guys can post again <3 Hisashi and Aiko, I'll get you to reply soon!

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý notes~!
    Health: 86% (-1 blood lose.)
    Sanity: 15% ( +5% )
    TDC: 419 ( No ones dead, just unconcious. I think...)
    Core stability: 60% (No change)

Military notes;
    Posts till backup 4
    Living people in the current sector: 12.)
    Arik
    Arik

Character sheet

Post by Arik Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:05 pm

It was a warm day. Windy, but only with a slight chill. The chill suggested autumn, that and the scent of water in the air. The plants were dying too, not green with new growth. More things started to come to him, like the hardness of the ground beneath him and the scurrying of squirrels as they looked for nuts to store. A horde of amphibians sounded alongside the running water of a small river, and the chilled wind shook the leaves on trees and the grass on the ground. To his right there was warmth, coming off of the woman next to him. Her skin was dark, but not as dark as it was in the full-blown summer. Her hair was bright, but still held tones of the earth. She smiled at him, teeth bright and face full of happiness. Her eyes sparkled with mischief as she got up and began to run, her face looking back at him as if to encourage him, or to tease him.

He knew she would never go too far, but he followed the woman anyways.

Her laughter flooded the forest, and she called to him, "Arik, come find me!"

"You're so close..."

The male was still out, the only sight of him still being alive was the slight rise and fall on his chest.
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Character sheet

Post by sLy Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:47 pm

The last he saw of Arik was the slab falling upon him. He closed his eyes, looking away as the heavy mass cracked and shook the ground. If only for a moment. Grievance had to come later. Hand out, he conjured the ten blades of Apotheosis, the rapiers gleaming and floating behind him, mimicking his wings. He barely knew what he was doing, if not trying to kill I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, but without Mirage, he was incredibly vulnerable. Quickly he commanded the blades in front of him, surrounding his front with an arc of blades before looking around for some cover.

A quiet tap took his attention, and Sly turned to meet Yuuki's mask. Immediately she extended her hand, ordering him to leave the area. He responded with a nod, but barely moved his hand when a dark shadow plunged over the two. Just as he was going to look up, Sly dove to the side. The ground behind him exploded, the impact blowing him off a couple of metres until he fell onto his buttocks. A bloodcurdling howl made him quiver, but he never caught what the beast said, when suddenly something struck against his side. The next moment, he was skidding across the ground, a chime heard as something metallic dropped onto the ground.

Forcing his eyes open, Sly willed the blades in front of him again, and blocked the giant maw from clamping onto him. The fangs closed with a sickening snap, and a split second of hesitation made him wonder if that would have been his end had he not conjured Apotheosis. Then his heart jumped. Fumbling for his device, all he found was the side of his pants, and he stared at where his timepiece used to be.

But the blades were still working. It had to be here somewhere...

After a quick look around, a glint among the rubble, some distance from him, caught his eye. The first instinct he had was to rush up to and grab it. He barely made the first step when a heavy flare shot up his legs and he collapsed onto the ground. Sly hissed, clutching his leg. His pants were torn open, revealing spots of red and white, revealed with his skin pulled back. Damn it! He thought, bringing forth his blades close to him, ready to make a last stand, if needed, against the beast.

--

Health: 40% (Yyyyyyyeah...)
    Pieces: 120% - 50% (Apotheosis) + 50% (10-blade block)

Structures:

Mirage blade
    Apotheosis
    Leif
    Leif

Character sheet

Post by Leif Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:31 pm

"I- I think he was hit by some of the debris from that...  thing pulled up," Leif answered to the stranger who had just entered the alley.  He assumed that the man was there to help, since at this point in time, most people weren't fighting in the usual turf wars.  He stepped aside to let the man have a closer look at his fallen comrade.  After this was all over, he'd have to ask the unconscious man to grab a drink with him, especially since they still hadn't been introduced properly.

At the moment, nobody, including himself, was dressed to impress, but he felt that he could let it slide this time, especially with all that was going on.  Quby was still silent though all of this, even though it probably could have identified the man lying on the ground, and possibly even scanned to find what was wrong with him.

Leif was so busy focusing on someone other than himself for once that he didn't notice that he was bleeding through his white shirt.  Or at least, he didn't notice until he stood up and his shirt pulled away from some of the dry blood, feeling like tape had been pulled off of his skin.  He cringed as he saw the blood on his shirt, a stain that would probably never come out.  It was starting to hurt, now that he focused on it.  "You wouldn't happen to have any disinfectant and bandage on you, would you?" he asked the man who had just entered the alley.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:36 am

( Sorry, time's up. )

ARIK! NO! SLY! STOP! PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU! STOP!

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's strikes were firm, their movements purposeful and carrying the force of an ancient. The beast smirked, it's manic grin stretching across its white hide. A sickening smile that showed its white shining teeth. His blood, the so called 'knight's, was scatter across the ground. It could almost smell it. "You dare take it away from me?" I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý snarled, taking a forceful step forward.

Crack.

The beast froze, its gaze dropping. No. S-S-Surely... Surely not... It's face dropped, the smirk completely vanishing from its face as it's eyes widened in terror. No...

YOU IDIOT! HOW COULD YOU BE SO CARELESS!

The paw rose, the blackened energy doing their terrible work. It's face visibly paled. I was meant to guard it... Slowly, ever so slowly, it's claws faded from their blackened colours, the pale paw picking up the shards of the broken timepiece. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý rose the broken case into it's hand, its eyes softening, mellowing at the sight of the watch. A piece of time, the counterpart to its destruction, shattered and killed by its own carelessness.

You...

Stupid...

Creature!

Give it back to him. Fucking do it you son of a bitch. You failed the only real reason you're here. You YOURSELF BROKE IT. Sly never was going to do that! GIVE IT BACK!
    The voice cracked across its mind. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý faltered, it's heart tearing in two from destroying something so close to itself. Creation... Ever so slowly, its paw coiled around the device. The gears were broken, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý could feel the small things tap on the inside of its paw.  Slowly it stepped forward, a small growling sound coming from it.

The steps were slow, shaky, unbalanced as it tried to keep itself from falling with only three legs to support its incredible weight. Its eyes were soft, the faint blue tugging against the edges of the green. If Sly were to try and back away from it, the creature would keep following him until he was cornered, a constant snarl coming from its maw. But the eyes glistened gently and, if he were to notice, tears gently fell down the pearly pelt to stain the ground.

If he stopped backing away, the paw would raise for a few moments, before releasing it. Returning the timepiece to him, a sorrowful expression painted onto its face.

Almost as if it were saying it was sorry.

The soldier would glance to the beast, noticing that its behaviour had changed drastically. Perhaps it was the desperate break which they had needed to turn the tide of this battle. At the mention of the disinfectant, they nodded. "Yea, I have some. Just give me a few moments, this fella seems like he does need a bit more help..." He muttered, taking out a bottle of alcohol. He would pass this up to Leif, before placing a hand on Ariks wound, pressing against it gently to stem the blood flow. "When he's moveable, I need to get you both out of here.

We're expecting more drastic backup within the next five or so minutes. Evacuating you and your friend is my top priority. But are there any others that we need to evacuate before it's too late?"
    He would ask, his finger ready to relay the information via radio.

Today was going to finally be the end of that beast, he could almost sense it.

( Arik, Leif and Sly, you guys can post again. I'm just gonna cry for doing what I've done for a little.

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý notes~!
    Health: 85% (-1 blood lose.)
    Sanity: 30% ( +15% )
    TDC: 419 ( No ones dead, just unconcious. I think...)
    Core stability: 40% (-20%, timepiece destruction)

Military notes;
    Posts till backup 3
    Living people in the current sector: 12.)
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Character sheet

Post by sLy Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm

His vision blurred and he almost collapsed, finding something to lean on. He did not feel it, but he must had hit his head against something. It was getting difficult for him to stand, but he had to keep moving. His grip squeezing on one of the Apotheosis blades, he stabbed it into the ground and used it as a cane. Carefully he wrapped his other hand's fingers into a grip, and another blade appeared there. Though he would not test his sprained arm. The monster showed off a large grin, droplets of blood, presumably Sly's, dripping from the ends of its claws. He needed to get the timepiece back.

Then it took one fatal step.

Its claws, still black in its energy, stepped over the device and a sudden pop was heard. The device under it hissed, giving off an unstable glow until it moved away its claws. Multiple streams of magic poured from the device, curling into the air and dissipating. Like a flame that was just extinguished, until there was nothing left. The slit pupil of the dragon eye on the cover of the device narrowed further and further, until the line was blurred into the paling blue iris, similar to the deceased. Then it was quiet. What was left of the timepiece was the broken device, gears and other components splayed out all over the ground, and what remained inside the timepiece slowly ceased to tick.

Sounds of metal shifting and sizzling echoed all over Sly, snapping him from his petrified state, and he looked down at his blades. They looked like they were melting, the enchanted gears either fading into the air or collapsing under his grip and rained below him. Same goes for the others around him. Until there was nothing left, saved for one white and clearish gear in his palm - Apotheosis.

His hand trembled, refusing to even squeeze the gear. The timepiece. It was destroyed. A flood of different emotions overwhelmed him to the point that he did not know what to feel. Dismay? Shock? Grief? Anger? His device was destroyed. No. He could repair it. He just needed to-

He met the huge eyes of the beast, just inches from his face. Sly staggered back, a small shriek leaving him until he collapsed onto the ground. He tried to back away, but the monster continued forward. He finally mustered the energy to squeeze upon the gear. But nothing happened. No blade formed in his hand. Not even a single piece floated around him. Come on... please... he thought, trying again and again until he met the wall of a collapsed building.

As if by instinct, Sly raised his hand in between him and the beast. Lex... he said weakly, his voice trembling. ...please... it's me...

The beast did not even falter upon those words before it suddenly dropped something on him. The mangled remains of his timepiece. It was not moving, and many components were already missing and damaged by its magic. There was no way he could repair it. Sly looked back up at the beast, suddenly unaware of the device on his lap as he wandered what it would do next. At this point, if nobody came, if his words failed to reach Lexia, he would be dead at this spot. But something told him otherwise. Being this close, the edges of her sclera showed a gradient of blue. Lexia's eyes. She was fighting it?

Sly would remain where he was, confused and surprised, among other emotions, all of which worked to freeze him in place.

--

Health: 40%
    Pieces: --

Structures: --
    Arik
    Arik

Character sheet

Post by Arik Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:24 pm

He ran, trying to follow her. Her voice was taunting, sounding so close yet nowhere in sight. She wasn't in the trees, there wasn't enough rustling and swaying of the branches. It was as if she turned into a ghost. But it didn't stop him, he kept going. It wasn't like he was tiring anyways. He wondered how much she would blend into the environment, and was soon answered with a sight of her hair. She was just standing there, the wind had faltered leaving the area still. He walked up and reached out to her, so close-

It was then he had regained consciousness. His eyes fluttered open to someone he didn't recognize. Arik tensed, his body still aching. After a bit he realized that the person didn't seem to be harming him. A question racked his brain- what was going on? He couldn't remember much from before he got hit.
    Leif
    Leif

Character sheet

Post by Leif Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Leif winced as he softly dabbed a cotton swab covered in disinfectant over his wound.  Most of the time he was pretty careful around sharp objects in fear of getting his clothes ripped, but he figured that this time it would be unavoidable considering the circumstances.  He finished bandaging up his wound when he heard the stranger say something about evacuating him and the man on the ground.  The blonde picked up Quby and shook his head to the stranger saying, "I don't think there was anyone else but the three of us.  There was someone up the road away from that...  Thing... but they seem to have gotten out of the area."

He didn't notice the man on the ground wake up at first, but Quby did.  "Hey look, he's awake!" Glad-One said.  Leif looked down towards the man on the ground and saw that, indeed, he was awake.  He was extremely happy that his comrade had woken up, but it didn't show on his face.  He had been so out of it for the past few days that most of the time he had no idea what he was doing.  Even the events from just the last few hours didn't make sense to him.  He had almost completely forgotten how he had thrown Quby in the air as a distraction, and he had absolutely no idea how he had gotten away from the monster and into the alley.  Leif sighed and closed his eyes, holding Quby tight in his arms.  I wish this would all just end soon.  I really miss having a normal life.
    The Lost Wanderer
    The Lost Wanderer

Female Posts : 5

Post by The Lost Wanderer Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:22 am

Of course, if he had joking about when he had mentioned the tavern... She would have been rather frustrated. It took her a shamefully long amount of time to even remotely recognise this man. The talisman that was normally covering his eye seemed... Different. As well as his normal attire. It took her actually stepping back and looking at the familiar sounding person to actually recognise them entirely.

Her thoughts went back to what the man before her had said. Admittedly, in a round about and rather twisted way, Cedric wasn't wrong. They had been out for a few different things. But that was another life- not so long ago that she had been torn from due to a series of unfortunate circumstances. However, here she stood, before him. A smile as gentle as the sun, her eyes glistening with tears. "Honestly, I ain't a tavern girl, I knew... someone like you. If not you. Kinda." No. She wasn't able to help herself. Emotions drove her forward as a gentle finger traced down his face, "Ced..." The motion faltered slightly. Her eyes narrowed just as much as she looked to him, the pain that flared within those stony cyan eyes was almost a dead giveaway for her. Something that she always had hated about that man hadn't resolved- not in this place. "This world hasn't been as kind to you as it could have been, sorry about the touch." I just didn't expect someone so like you to be here as well... Dammit, you even have that exact same colour hair as who I know. But here you stand, someone so entirely different, yet someone so similar to who I remember and know.

Her jaw clenched firmly. Withdrawing her pale and scarred hand, her eyes looked back to the beast that tore through the city, the form slipping through portals, leaping through the air like it was nothing before it. "Dammit, you're not my Cedric! But I'd be damned if I was here and didn't lend you a hand and throw this places beast down." Her voice, she didn't want to do what she was even suggesting- but the female didn't have a choice in the matter. She wouldn't leave this realm for him to fight that thing alone- but she had an odd feeling...

Something was missing from Cedric, the internal being telling her of it instantly. They didn't stand a chance against what was leveling the city. Or maybe they did... But her memories reminded her of how he called out to something- someone in that beast. Lex...ia? He knew her. And she doubted he would raise a hand to truly hurt the monster. Looking around her, the technology was unfamiliar to her, everything more advanced to her eyes which she had remembered. However, through the times, through the ages which could pass in a world, there was one thing that was for certain. Even if everything else had changed, everywhere had one thing stayed true. One thing that basically everything would rely on. But it was this one thing which the female was able to control the most. Not the air. Not the warmth. Not the earths around her. Not the flickering fires. Not the vicious winds... Not the shocking lightning... But something much more necessary.

Water.

From the burst pipelines, from the moisture in the air around her, from the tears that fell from her face, the woman knew what she had to do. For him. Her form readily pulled away from Cedric, her powers shifting and turning, flowing with the power help between her fingers as she walked. Her voice silently called to the liquids, drawing them from the grounds. Her shoulders slumped, eyes slowly closed as she called from the furthest reaches that she could beneath the grounds. Tilting her head skyward, a small, disheartened sigh escaped her. To save a world which was unfamiliar to her, all that seemed to be for the sake of creation here...

That was what her task was before her.

Emerald eyes snapped open, the partially blind eye uncaring of the light around her. The images were blurry, but nothing that she wasn't able to deal with. Water pulled from the grounds, within the range of 3 feet, became a swirling torrent before her. "You may not remember me truly, Cedric. But just remember. Don't talk to around talking to random chicks too much." She gave him a smirk, her mind going back so long ago. "After all, it can have rather shocking consequences, which I can promise, they will just flow into you, like a torrent looking to wash your soul away. Before those electrifying claws dig into you once again and zap you back to reality."

The female paused in her half stride. She needed to remember what she just said, a sad smile on her face.

Her feet took her into a run, hearing that beast near her. The female ignored the cries of people telling her to run. Continuously, the water twister called upon her powers, drawing them further and further to her. The water billowing around her followed in her wake, like hounds tending to their masters. These waters were hers to control and no one was stopping her. It didn't take long for her to reach the collapsed section where the monster was standing over him, someone whose blood stained the grounds. Her feet skidded to a stop, the raging liquid almost howling around her from her anger. That monster was going to destroy his world.

Sure. She wouldn't kill. But neither would she allow it to keep going how it was. Just as she was thinking such thoughts, the monster's muzzle screwed up once more. It's sickly green eyes twisting into a dark and hate filled gaze. The somewhat slender monster pulled back up onto its hind legs, slowly opening the jaw in anger. Light flickered from the razor teeth as the mouth opened, the monster's black claws suddenly igniting in it's paws.

The woman rose her hand, her foot pushing from the ground to begin the rotation. Calling according to her mind, a section of her water tore free from the rest of the parts, forming a shaft of ice in extending either side of her palm. Frowning in concentration, her hand grasped the frozen liquid, before finishing the rotation. She changed what sourced the momentum, extending her arm as her hand released the lance.

What she was a master of.

The ice landed true, the weapon crashing against the white, silky hide. With a sickly howl of pain, it pulled away from the person beneath it. Unstable from being on it's two hind legs, it came crashing down onto its side, the ice spear impaled in the pale fur. Sickly blood welled from the wound, before a snarl tore from its mouth. She watched as she walked, undisturbed as it pushed itself to its feet, the waters the only thing that she would ever rely on. Though she was out of her element, she wouldn't hold back so easily. The female ascended the rocks, defiantly standing before the monster as she saw the other figure, after collecting something, pulled away from the beast.

The fury of the waters didn't leave her side, matching the anger, malice, blood thirsty appearance of that beast. Her voice sounded, calling out to it;

"You filthy animal, release what you hold, release them from their prison that you enslave them in! Let your host free!"

Apparently it didn't like that. The monstrous being was upon her in mere moments- but her water was just as swift. Slamming into the rocks upon her command, she was sent backwards, landing lightly on the heels of her feet, the monster's black claws cleaving chunks of stone free. Emerald eyes locked. Waters came back to her- just as the beast acted against her again, it's speed and agility something not even she expected- and she'd seen some incredibly fast things in her life. The female dove to her right, the blackened claws slamming down once more, a black dancing from its maw. Bitterly she jumped to her feet again. Hell, she'd seen angels flight- and this monster left them for dead!
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 am

Sly don't you see me? Do you not believe that I am sorry my love? Goodness why do you look through me like I was glass... You call to me, you reach to touch me, but I can see the fear... the fear that feeds me! The anger that drives my body forward for you are the reason that it's destroyed! You, your stupid meddling! No! You could run, my love-please, before I can't...

The beasts sickly green came back with a vengeance that caused it's shadow to howl in pain, the mind being almost torn in half from the sudden emergence of that beast once more. It was this mans fault that the timepiece was destroyed! He should have let it rest! It's muzzle suddenly flipped, the man before it seeing the reaction. His cries came again, begging that thing, that 'Lexia' to come back to him. To stop. A sneer crossed it's face, "Yes. Call to her, you pathetic excuse of a being. It's your own fault that the timepiece is broken! You never should have had it, you stupid being! Oh how I'm going to enjoy tearing you limb from limb, I'll spill your guts across the grounds, I'll make you beg and scream for mercy. I'll make you beg and pray that I have mercy on your soul in this life and every other life that you live! For your deeds, I'll make you suffer a thousand times over!" It howled, the claws starting the ignition of the familiar black flames, which would soon dance across the surface of the smooth claws. Oh how it was going to enjoy this!

Fuelled and focused on ending that sickly mans existence, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý allowed a howl to come from it, one of fury and anger. A sound that chilled the hearts of men. It could see and smell that man's fear, screaming for his Lexia to come back. Oh how pathetic. His pleas just made the monster more angry, heightened its fury, causing it to rear back onto it's hind legs. A smirk was building on its face, the manic teeth being shone in the faint light as it happily ignored the mind within as it begged I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý to stop. But no. Oh no. Not. This. TIME!

It's barred fangs opened, the layers of teeth opening slowly, seeing the dread in that mans eyes. Accepting his fate. The claws ignited. It's killing stroke began.

Only for a heavy thud to slam into it's side.

The pain and shock of the sudden attack startled the beast, a howl of agony tore from its maw. The spear of ice broke through its hide, stabbing deep into its abdomen where the soft flesh was exposed for those few moments. It staggered backwards, off balance, before crashing down onto the rocks to the right of Sly. The spear stuck awkwardly from its side, before it's claws slashed the thing clear from it- the ice that the claws touched vanishing into nothing whereas the other pieces crashing to the ground. Inside its hide, the shard of ice remaining was easily pulled out with its teeth, flicking the shard to the side.

Then it stood.

Forgetting the original prey as it grabbed the remnants of the timepiece and got the hell out of there, it slowly stalked towards the female as she ascended the rocks. Hair as pale as it's snowy hide, eyes as stunning as its own, it snarled low, the waters billowing around her indicating she was the one who began the attack. For a few moments, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý paused. As it stood, eyes narrowed, it recognized it as a women from before, the one which that weird feathered man decided to go and save. With a small snarl building in it's throat, the claws readied themselves, walking on its paw pads to ensure that the ground beneath it wasn't completely torn to shreds as it moved.

"You filthy animal, release what you hold, release them from their prison that you enslave them in! Let your host free!"

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý growled. Apparently she still had her steadfast arrogance and idiocy from earlier, daring to stand up to it! Launching itself at the smiling girl, it took its claws down upon the stones in moments- but the girl was fast. She'd already mustered her powers and threw herself out of the road of the strike, landing several meters away from the building, from I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, to the monsters left. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý snarled, not letting her regain her own ground. Diving forward, it's claws came down again against her.

Only for her to dive out of it's way again, breaking into a roll to break the fall before springing back to her feet once more. Roaring in anger, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's maw continued to spill out the black power building from it's anger and rage. Instead of directly attacking her, the monster's claws dug into the ground further.

It carved out a large slab of the broken buildings around them, tearing them up before slamming it with the tail. Incredibly thick, and a speed which would cause her attention to be diverted, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý opened up a portal to the right of her. As soon as the slab had cleared, the monster dove through, maw twisting into a howl. If she managed to block that shot, it's form dove forward, claws aiming to strike down across her again.

Relying on it's speed and sudden attack, it's teeth also would lash out in the form of a powerful bite to wherever she dodged to, aiming to cripple either of her eyes or arms, legs, body parts in general. Either would work for I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, just so long as it tore through her flesh and allowed it to taste the sweetness of her warm blood!  

It's maw also sparked, preparing to unleash the hell of the void against her. Timing it so that it'd be unleashed right after she finished the retaliation to the two strikes, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý slammed its feet into the ground, concentrating the beam. Before unleashing it, almost at a point blank range, aiming the powers straight at that woman who dared to defy it, who dared to attack it!

In the distance, the rumble of machinery, both helicopter and other heavy things were heard. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý would need to take the fight elsewhere if they got much closer.

( I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý notes~!
    Health: 80% (-1 blood lose, -4 took a spear to the side.)
    Sanity: 25% ( -10%, trigger reached)
    TDC: 419 ( No one extra is dead, just unconscious. I think...)
    Core stability: 55% (+15%, enraged triggered)

Military notes;
    Posts till backup 2
    Living people in the current sector: 13

Wanderer posts next)
    The Lost Wanderer
    The Lost Wanderer

Post by The Lost Wanderer Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:18 am

The wanderer didn't have much time to regain her bearing from her roll before the monster was moving once more. Lexia, was that her name? Or was it something else- because she doubted that Cedric would make acquaintances with people who were normally like this and attempting to murder everything in their path. Not to mention that fact that she was already...

Vyllaea didn't have the time to finish the thought. The rather large slab, probably the size of a 10ft boulder, was thrown straight at her. With an annoyed snarl, she called her waters to her aid. It wove in front of her, becoming dense- incredibly dense as it formed her own barricade against the killing concrete. Her ice didn't break when the rather tough building materials slammed into it. However, cracks appeared all through it form the impact, barely able to actually hold it back. The female didn't have time to even frown when her eye caught a flicker of movement to her right.

A black portal opened up, the manic white monster diving through. Those claws that seemed to be coated in living black flames were being brought down to strike against her shoulder. With a snarl of her own, her anger awakening her own beast that lived within her, the female dove to the side- narrowly missing the claws, but keeping in the same distance to keep manipulating the frozen water. Which she did instantly.

The female called the water to her, the melting on her command to dash to her. Instantly, it remade a pillar of ice- the beasts fangs biting into it instead of her. The beast seemed not to care as she ripped the ice back to her, its legs bracing itself firmly apart. The deadly black flames built within its maw before the power quickly began to condense in on itself. Her eyes widened, the beast was mere feet from her. Dropping to the ground, the female barely dodged the beam that howled over her head. However, some of the water that she controlled wasn't so lucky, being torn from existence in mere moments upon being touched by that black beam.

The female rolled towards the monster, using the remainder of her water to unleash a flurry of frozen spears against it while it was pinned into using that beam. She commanded them forward, to slash through anything that they could, before returning. However, she aimed them towards the monsters shoulders as it was still stationary from the beam. Even as the beam moved slowly towards her, she made sure to keep her distance, not wanting her own being to be ripped away from that life and into the next.

After clearing it, she pulled the waters back to her, forcing them to be their liquid state again, her form remaining in a partially crouched position. In her right hand, her waters quickly formed a staff of sorts, knowing that she'd need it for more sudden twists and turns to get away from that beast. Not to mention the other perks it offered her....
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:07 am

That nasty little jerk decided to just leap underneath the beam. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý lowered its head, beam aimed to slash straight through her middle. But concentrating the power of the beam was slow to move, difficult to turn and manoeuvre. Annoyingly, she conjured more of her spears, casting them forth into its thick hide. With a snarl, its muzzle snapped shut, black flames dying as portals opened all around it within mere moments of it looking back to that white haired girl. Annoyingly, some of the spears had grazed its shoulders before it could block them all. It was only because of how she had attacked without waiting, without hesitating, and just went for it while it was down. A snarl built on its maw.

That was incredibly rude of her... And I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý did not approve of her actions.

Ignoring the blood that traveled down its white hide as that girl recalled her waters to her, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý turned its wicked gaze to her. "For someone so lost as you, you truly fight for the wrong reasons. After all, if I were you, I'd just let this place fall, burn and die... After all, I know that you aren't from here. I know that you exist where you don't belong!" It's words seemed to strike home with her, giving her a partial gaze of horror.

And that was when I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý acted. Right when she was distracted, at her weakest.

The girl managed to bring her ice staff up in time to block the claws bearing down against her, slamming the ice into its paw. With a snarl, it tried to grab the ice- only for her to turn it into water and throw tiny blades across its face. Temporarily blinded, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý gave a roar of anger, before blindly biting where she was. But the bite was true as the Wanderer had, for the first time, slipped and let her guard down. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's paw didn't stop where she thought it would or recoil, instead, it went forward.

The claws held her fast, pinning her to where she was- and I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's teeth were aimed right for her head, it's voice sounding once more before they would begin their motion to snap shut. And its teeth were jagged and sharp enough to tear through even dragon scales, so the female before it had a death sentence.

"Such a shame really~ You're going to die in vain and nothing is going to save you, no one will remember you, and nothing- NOTHING is what you ARE BEFORE ME!" That sadistic smirk was still present as its maw started to shut. The teeth prepared to slice through her middle and they would do so with ease! A shiver went up the monsters spine, anticipating the blood that was about to flow into its mouth, wondering what this victim would taste like.... But really, it always enjoyed gloating before killing its prey!

And no longer hearing that voice made it even more joyous...

Health: 79% (-1 blood lose and smaller spears to the shoulders.)
    Sanity: 25%
    TDC: 419
    Core stability: 55%

Military notes;
    Posts till backup 1
    Living people in the current sector: 13 wait.. we have... reports of 15 living life forms! Woo!)
    Archangel
    Archangel

Male Posts : 3

Post by Archangel Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:19 am

But little did I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý know, the beam did more than just tear apart the world around it. Not even the Wanderer knew what it truly did.

The beam was something that I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý shouldn't have used. Not near his sister.

Even though the beam destroyed the ground around them, the last thing that either I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý or the Wanderer expected was it to open a rift. A tear. Straight to her homelands. Where people were searching for her. Unfortunately for the beast, a being of filled grace and a wisdom not understood by humanity understood what was going on. She could recognise the call from the slumbering power within the Wanderer. Reassuring not only her host, but the other man who stood proud and tall next to him, she managed to convince them that she was there. Their sibling. Trapped in a world and facing something that she wouldn't be able to take down by herself- not unless she were to die.

Despite the fact that their host was more than unwilling to go through... That's exactly what they did. Light poured fourth from the rift, stabilising it for the duo to enter, the dark figure following it through with surprising speed for his size. However, the intensity dulling out anything that I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý had seen in its time. Not even from when the bombs exploded on its hide.

However, the man wasn't able to waste a moment, seeing the vicious teeth begin their descent into his sister. The light warped into him, his skin absorbing their strength as he bolted forward. Without a hesitation, his arms raised to grab I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's snout and lower jaw, ensuring to avoid those vicious teeth. A grunt of exertion came from him as the monster struggled, lifting its head before almost throwing him off. The second there was a chance, Archangel unfurled his mighty wings, beating them several times to forcefully push the beast away from his mortified sister. He almost smirked. For once, he wasn't the one freezing up in sheer terror or fear.

But I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý was stronger than he anticipated, fighting back with a cunning look in its eye. With a sudden change of momentum, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý cast the Archangel into the ground, forcing the grip away from the two of them. A vicious growl came from it as it took a few paces backwards, hissing and snapping at the men who seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

Quickly, Archangel got to his feet, aware that his brother was moving behind him, tending to their sister. Adopted sister or not, the two still adored her for who she was. She was their emotional little bundle of fun and, well, Archangel would be cursed if he let anything else happen to him while he wasn't there. Even then, he'd never wish harm on her. So he stood, refusing to move from his position as he glared at the beast before him, not giving ground or looking like he would. His stance was filled with surety. Something that made I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý do a double take.

But, slowly, confidence flowed back through it. "Oh, whats this? Some duo of manics who know the poor bastard that I was about to end the suffering of? You know, it'd be much nicer to have let me at least eat her before showing your faces here. After all, now I have to not only spill more of her blood, but now I have to tear yours free from you own body and scatter it across the streets as a lesson to those who oppose me!"

The Archangel simply tilted his head to the side, sapphire eyes partially gleaming through the low light that made it to the orbs. "You really shouldn't threaten my sister like that... You wretched being..." He stated, the light around him bending in his palms and following his commands as he continued to absorb light from where he stood.
    Necromancer
    Necromancer

Post by Necromancer Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Wings of ebony shot forth from the rift, his mind already working. He already knew of Archangels intentions, his eye had already latched onto the pelt of the white beast that arched over their sibling. As soon as his brother dashed forward and grabbed its jaws, prying them apart, that was when he took a dive. Landing heavily on his knees, his single grey eye glanced over her. At first, she was terrified of his sudden appearance, but the sign of his typical grey jacket and red scarf wrapped around the lower half of his face served to save her. The Wanderer knew who he was just by that. But, the Necromancer wasn't in the position to really take long in this. She'd been in better shape, but he could see the fear in her eyes. However, the lingering sign of determination burned within them. The necromancer tilted his head slightly, shaking his head.

"He... I can't leave here..." She mumbled as the necromancer wrapped his arms under her armpits, pulling her up and away from Archangel as he did his best to keep the monster at bay. But, inwardly, the Necromancer cursed. He was smart and it didn't take long for him to figure out just who his sister spoke of. Damn that thunder person! Archangel was only able to hold the beast back long enough for him to pull the Wanderer free. Only moments later, he was cast away from the being of white, the monster all but snarling at them. The Archangel re-positioned himself, diving up then corkscrewing down to land and slowly stand between the duo and the beast.

"Oh, whats this? Some duo of manics who know the poor bastard that I was about to end the suffering of? You know, it'd be much nicer to have let me at least eat her before showing your faces here. After all, now I have to not only spill more of her blood, but now I have to tear yours free from you own body and scatter it across the streets as a lesson to those who oppose me!"

That made Archangel more than furious as he stepped forward, the light that he commanded building in his veins and hands. The necromancer almost made a face as the last time he'd even considered using that kinda didn't end so well. But. Things were different now. The black winged man stood, his second eye opening, a slit of crimson among an abyss of black. The scarf that covered his mouth still remained, but his eyes burned with their own anger.

"And aren't your threats just a bloody annoyance." He stated, voice hissing between his teeth like it'd been through a blender, which out of surprise mainly, caused the beast to face him. The Necromancers wings spread wide to show that he was not screwing around. They were positioned to cause him to take flight at a moments notice, acting almost to shadow Archangel's own form who was not only shorter, but also had a smaller wingspan. The Necromancer could feel the scars beginning to break open again, but his eyes narrowed. The beast before them, white, mingled with a deep blue- a weak and faint blue that was almost lost within the misty swirls or white.

"Careful, there's someone else in that body." The necromancer stated, only to practically sense his sister get up from behind him and walk towards them. He glanced at his brother, recognising the blinding yellows that made up his own soul, before looking to his left, where his sister flanked Archangel, the purples and deep blues which flared within her. He smirked. Those two always were rather delicate with how their souls mingled, it was nothing compared to the others he knew.

"You both call me a beast, yet, aren't you two the real monsters here?" I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý asked, a smirk pulling further on its face as its claws exploded back into the blackened flames. Its portals opened around the three of them, its laugh echoing hollowly through the area around them. "I mean, just look at you... A black being, a Necromancer I'm guessing, who hides what he really is beneath rags~ And you, an Angel that's more along the lines of a fallen angel due to what you've done! Oh how beautiful it's going to be when I scatter your blood through t-"

The Necromancer, being true to what he was, could also see the vivid reds beneath I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's paws and called the bones and flesh of the fallen to his aid. A grotesque being around twice the Necromancers height ripped itself from the ground, aiming to slam a clawed hand straight into the monsters face. At the same time, the man's wings acted, throwing himself skywards before diving straight down- flesh twisting around his arm and bone attaching itself to him as he brought that down against the beasts skull.

In the same moment, he twisted his hands, scars bursting with vile blackness that coated his mouth and neck, his true appearance hidden beneath the scarf that also served to cover the black ooze. This was the cost of using his powers like he was... But he noticed the light condensing and building near Archangels hand, but he had failed to see one thing that I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý had done- his sister having cried out a warning to him as she raced forward, the waters being called to her once more as the ice formed so readily at her commands.

Blackened claws carved through his creature- aiming straight for the Necromancers throat.
    The Lost Wanderer
    The Lost Wanderer

Post by The Lost Wanderer Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:35 pm

The last thing that the Wander expected was for the beast to move with such defying speeds. Its claws lashed forward, the blackened flames burning brightly as it crashed against her staff. With a grunt of exhertion, the Wanderer managed to hold it back for a few moments, before calling her waters to her aid, aiming to use the torrents to push the monster back at least a dozen feet to give her a little bit of breathing room. But it wasn't to be. With a sudden increase of force, it forced her into the ground, its teeth suddenly looming over her. The few seconds that she held it back were taken advantage of, the teeth aiming to slice her in two.

Only for her to hear the beats of mighty wings, the light which followed only caused her to further freeze from the blow that would have snapped her straight in half. The Archangel stood before her, holding the beasts jaws apart, his own face partially distorted in concentration as he forced it not to close over the both of them. A secondary impact came from right next to her. Instantly she wanted to pull away from them- only to see and remember that gunmetal grey eye, the other closed to hide the power that laid within him. The red scarf that wrapped around his face only confirmed what the Wanderer was thinking. That was him. Her brother, the twins having adopted her as one of their own.

In their own ways, they were a rather different sort of family, the twins who were outcasts from the heavens above, and her, the one who was literally a creation from damn test tubes. The question was obvious in the Necromancers eyes; Why the hell are you here and why the fuck haven't you left yet?

"He... I can't leave here..." Her voice was barely legible, but the Necromancer knew exactly what she had said- judging by the look in his eyes. It was the truth. She couldn't leave without ensuring that he was safe. Just like neither of them would ditch their partners- not unless they had permission and were looking for their sister. Of course. Anger shafted through her as he pulled her up and away, before suddenly being aware that the Archangel was thrown away from I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý. However, upon seeing the other two, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý more than hesitated. It didn't want to fight them directly, instead... attempting to provoke them. Her brother left her side, moving towards the Archangel, anger burning in his eyes as he opened the other to harness the true powers he held under his fingers.

Surely it was nothing compared to either the Wanderer or the Archangel, however... She stood, brushing off the near death experience that she just witnessed. She followed the Nectomancers example, flanking the Archangel on the opposing side.

Having backed away to around fifty feet from them in the piles of rubble, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's smirk twisted once more. Before she could even scold I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý for their cruel words against her and her family, she watched almost helplessly as the Necromancer acted. Instantly, they were up in the sky, leaping forward as his own creation broke through the rubble underneath them. Made from a mix of humanoid and animal bones, the body of bone, sinew and flesh brought down a fist across the beast. But the flames were still burning brightly- this wasn't like the Necromancer at all! Normally he was patient, not acting so rashly like he was now!

"To your right!" But the warning fell on deaf ears, Archangel slowly walking forward, carrying an orb that rivaled that of sunlight in his palm.

Well, the Necromancer did have a valid point. He wasn't acting rashly at all. He was trusting her. The two had to buy time for the Archangel to reach the Break. Snarling, the Wanderer ran forward called upon her waters, snarling viciously as they carved their own way through the air. The moisture, the underground waters and what she already commanded, she tore them forward. Following her hand perfectly, the water scattered and reformed in a thick wall to the right of the Necromancer, aiming to block the majority of the impact.

She then twisted them, trying to coil around the limb to freeze it there as the beast that the Necromancer commanded re-knitted itself again, trying to buy time for the him to land the hit he was going to. However. The last thing she expected was for I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý to open a portal right in front of the Necromancer- teleporting him right next to the Archangel as the fist came down.

Taking her eyes away from the beast- just for a few moments, she liquefied the ice again, casting it forward and through the portal the form a wall between the two brothers. A solid thump followed by two reactions of surprise- a barrage of curse words coming from the Archangel too profane to type, and a howl of pain as the Necromancer all but severely cracked his hand against the wall of ice.

The Wanderer pulled a face. "What would you rather, doing that, or punching one another to death?" She asked, unaware of the fact that, just as she had taken her eyes and focus away from I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, it'd slipped through one of the eight portals that were left in its wake.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 am

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý snarled, its paws landing heavily in the rubble of where it had already destroyed having left those three beings behind. Admittedly, combined, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý didn't feel so confident near them. Slowly, it shrugged its shoulders as it began to walk forward, testing out the damage to its shoulders. The joints creaked with whatever bone laid within there. Goodness it was sore, a limp in its right arm coming across. Grand, just what it didn't need... Glancing across itself, its eyes narrowed slightly at the sheer damage done to its hide. Blood splattered across the snowy white hide. Crimson continued to drip down it, much to its annoyance. With a half snort, it shook its head, unaware of the two beings that were near it.

Its flaming claws were dying down, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý having used a rather large burst of energy with the pure purpose of getting out of that situation. Those three beings that it left behind... It felt so wrong to it, something that it needed to either avoid, or find a way to deal with. A groan escaped it as it lowered its form to the ground, breath coming to it in partially ragged gasps as it tried to rest from the strenuous activity. It wouldn't need long- just a few moments to restore itself back to what it could do.

However, as soon as its emerald eyes closed to rest, the sound of feet against the rock sounded. Instantly, its eyes snapped open, a snarl coming from its mouth to turn to face the newcomer. They dangerously narrowed, seeing the man draw closer and closer to the resting form of the beast. Slowly, it pushed its feet down onto the rubble underneath where it stood, snarling dangerously low. However, the person didn't seem to phased by the signs of aggression that it made. His hands were spread in a human sign of surrender, trying not to aggravate I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý as he continued to walk forward. After making it within twenty feet of the monster, they stopped.

It could TASTE his fear from where it stood... and it was more than delicious...

Hisashi...

"Look, I have no idea what you are or what happened to you in the past. I only know that you hate humans with a burning passion and that it's probably a justified hate, but I can't stand by and idly watch all this misery unfold around me again. I've been here before and I can tell you that if you continue down this path you will only find misery. I will not allow you to make the same mistake and this time, I will not make the same mistake either. Instead of follow this path of misery, please, try to case after happiness instead.

I know you probably think this is the best possible outcome for you, and that this makes you happy, but I know at that's a lie. This is born out of anger, hatred, sadness, and tragedy. Such things cannot make one feel content or whole, so please, I'm begging you, just put your faith in me and I will find a way for you to reach your happiness. Not one born out of anger and sadness, but out of those wholesome feelings your heart is missing. All you have to do is stop this misery and destruction now, and I will stay by your side for as long as you ask me to."
    I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's body moved towards Hisashi, muzzle drawn back as it stepped forward, the snarl on its face. The only thing that could bring it happiness was the one thing that rejected it countless times through the ages. Something which would never be fixed. Something that could NEVER be healed, but these... These pathetic humans never seemed to understand..

"And Lexia, I haven't forgotten about you either. I will restore you to what you once were, and give you back the life that fate cruelly ripped from your hands. I will save all of you, no matter how many lifetimes it takes, no matter how much blood I have to get on my hands. I will save you, even if it means losing myself, my humanity, and what few things I care for that this beautiful cruel world wasn't already taken from me."

Upon hearing her name, Lexia turned her attention to the words that they heard... But it was futile, she was exhausted, her actions from saving Sly earlier having drained her of all conviction to try and resist anymore. She couldn't. It hurt and drained her so much... The blue that appeared in the green eyes for a few moments vanished- but that was before Lexia knew what I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý was going to do.

"Hisashi... RUN!"

The words tore from I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's mouth- but by the time the man realised his mistake and began to back away, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's paw was already moving. An angry roar tore free from its mouth, slamming straight into him. The impact was more than enough to send the man straight across and into a steel stake that use to belong to the house I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý rested on. Or more accurately, the fence around it. The sound of flesh being torn apart and the cry of pain from the man was more than pleasing to I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, who gave a sadistic howl of glee.

"AND LEARN YOUR LESSON, YOU PATHETIC HUMAN! NOT YOU, NOT ANYONE, CAN STOP THIS JUDGEMENT THAT I CALL DOWN UPON YOUR KIND FOR YOUR HERESIES AGAINST THE WORLD THAT WE TOOK YOU TO! YOU ALL DESERVE THE DEATH I WILL BRING TO YOU ALL!" I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý roared, resting its palm on the man's chest- pushing him on further to push the pole the whole way through him. "And for your punishment, I'll let you die in agony!"

A worried cry of fear sounded, and I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's head snapped around. A building. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý didn't care as it dove forward, flaming claws burning still as it took down several supporting pillars for the home. The consequence was instant, the building came tumbling down faster than I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý could run... The poor girl only made it part of the way out before the building collapsed onto them, crushing them underneath the rubble.

Aiko...

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý chuckled, shaking its head, "So you know them both, aye? So lets finish this one off then!" I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý declared with far too much joy, spinning on its heels to bring the claws down and across Hisashi's neck.

Only for ice to form at the last moment, pinning I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's arm in a capsule of ice. Roaring with anger, its manic green eyes turned to face its nemesis, flanking her right the taller black winged man from earlier.

She smirked, her hands crisscrossed over one another as she clenched her fists, holding the ice firmly there. She was panting, struggling to hold I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý down. But she couldn't help herself as two words left her lips.

"Miss... us?"
    The Lost Wanderer
    The Lost Wanderer

Post by The Lost Wanderer Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:01 pm

In the end, it was the Necromancer which had been able to track I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý down and tell which portal it'd gone through, thanks to the Sight that he had. Of course though, the eldest one was more than reluctant to let either of them go through the portal. After a quick argument with the Archangel, he eventually decided to let his younger siblings go and track the beast down.

However, by the time they'd gotten through, they were already too late to help the younger lady caught beneath the rubble of the building. The waters which had followed the Wanderer through acted instantly, the torrent wrapping around I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's arm and encasing it in an incredibly dense ice to hold the blow back from killing Hisashi. It was the least that she could do.

With a light smirk, the Wanderer felt the monster try and rip away from the ice, her face contorting slightly in concentration. However, she couldn't help herself. That thing had been trying to not only destroy the realm that he dwelled, but also tried to claim her own life. With a smirk, she spoke once again; "Miss... us?"

Aware that her brother had taken to the sky again, the Wanderer cast her ice to the side, forcing I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý to literally move from Hisashi's position, creating a gap that wouldn't allow I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý to strike down the weakened man again. Not easily at least. Instantly, she removed the ice around the beast, calling it back to her as she ran forward, skidding to a halt near Hisashi.

A greusome crunch of muscle sounded from behind her, causing her to flinch. Thank goodness the Necromancer was on their side this time.

Carefully, she calmed herself before all but heaving Hisashi from the stake that pierced through his abdomen. "Don't worry, I'm not going to leave you here like this." She stated, twisting the liquids through her hands as she gently pressed it against his side. They came to her aid easily, flowing forth and wrapping around the injury. Closing her eyes, the Wanderer began to heal it, her brow partially furrowed in concentration as she struggled to heal the wound.

She didn't spend a long time healing him, sensing that someone else was there- aside from the younger girl who was, surprisingly, still breathing underneath the rubble of the building. Well, more accurately, the house. It was just a small home that was collapsed on her- but still, the damage was done. Her green eyes rested on a masked woman, her waters still healing Hisashi to the point of stopping the excessive bleeding. "Take care of them both. If I come back and find them dead, I'll be going for your head next." She stated and threatened the masked girl, not knowing that she was in fact their guild leader.

With that, the Wanderer stood. It was about time she got back to her brothers.

Necromancer
    Necromancer

Post by Necromancer Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:04 pm

The Necromancer almost laughed at what she'd said, but he was already calling upon the dead around him once more as his great wings took him once more to the sky. Powers flaring from his hands, he took charge of the true potential as he rose the dead humans to his aid once more. He could feel his muscle wasting away- but this time, he refused to let his wings shatter and bend. They were needed and he, unlike his sister, couldn't afford to be grounded.

The things which he raised weren't that of human nature anymore. They may have had human like appearances and stances, however, they were nothing like them anymore. He had equip them with tools to help him with his own goal or driving that beast back. Crushed humans, laced together with animal traits, some larger than him, others smaller- but never as grand as he was before them. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, for the most part, had ignored his movements, instead going after his sister.

Didn't I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý know how protective the Necromancer was of his siblings? Diving down, he himself wrapped his arms with the bones and muscles of the dead, activating the true muscle potential, and slammed it straight into I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's hand. The blow knocked away the original shot intended for her, before the Necromancer sharply turned, bringing his leg up to slam against I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's neck.

With a frustrated growl, the monster took a few staggering steps backwards- unusual flames suddenly igniting at its maw. The Necromancer laughed lightly, taking to the skies once more, where the beast wasn't able to reach them so readily. "What's wrong? Getting frustrated to death?" He smirked his gunmetal grey eye all but gone, both eyes taking the form of ebony, vertical red slits through them. He was just thankful that his scarf still hid the blackened mess that was now gathering around his mouth and dripping down his neck. "You know, you really shouldn't pick on people younger than you. I mean, you're meant to be some 'grand' creature from the ages passed, yet, here you are, trying to destroy everything you allowed to happen. I mean, sheesh, I could hear your insane shouting from wherever the hell you left us, like, man, shut up for once and just consider what you're actually doing? Sure, try purge the world all you want, but, not this world. You made a fatal mistake. You're not going to purge this world while OUR SISTER stands lost here! Without a way home! She's had enough go wrong for her, and here you are, trying to make her life worse. I can't believe a snake like you exists... So... So you- oh you... You stupid fool, we're going to tear you apart and scatter your very essence across the stars! And don't think for a second that Archangel and I will not do that to you for what you have done here."

"But it's you who stand before me, another stranger to this realm, interfering with things that you don't even know about! We saved them eons ago, yet here you stand, declaring that we have no right to judge those which we saved? You are the true monster, stopping the true cycle in its tracks. Why? Why care, hmm? I can end your caring, I can bathe the star ways in your blood and drown you in them~! It'd be my absolute pleasure to aid you in such a way~!"

At his command, the monsters that were his own creation moved. They were around thirty in number and they broke into sprints. The assault was sloppy, but the Neromancer didn't care. They were already dead. Doing this wouldn't hurt them any more. He twisted and commanded them, the creatures brandishing their rather unique and odd weapons to carve through the white pelt. However, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý made quick work of them, its tail and claws lashing out and cutting down the ones closest to it with ease. However, they were merely the distraction. The Necromancer's hand twisted, his scars tearing open once more as he summoned something much, much larger behind I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý. Pain flared through him, wings contorting as he continued to pour the very essence of his powers into this creation. Muscle, organs, skin, blood, all latched together as the monstrosity pushed higher than I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý itself. Immune to pain, immune to death, to anything which could even remotely kill it, the Necromancer released control of the other grotesque creations he had made. The beast, more akin to a land version of his sisters inner beast, rose high over I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, before bringing down a mutilated bone clawed hand down across I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý.

It's tail rose at the same time- aiming for the side of the beast to knock it down. Its body was too thick for I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý to just cleave through it and, even if it would try, the Necromancer would simply repair the damage that I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý would do to his creation.

But there was no way in hell the Necromancer could keep this thing up forever and stay sane. It was with these thoughts that the the Necromancer noticed something rather odd. A power, embedded in the creatures right arm, seemed to be more potent in emotion than the rest of it- and that was how it was able to completely mute the inner person and prevent them from doing anything...

(Posts remaining: 2)
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:19 pm

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's luck was grinding rapidly to a halt. That half angel that kept creating these annoying things was refused to hold back any punches. Especially with that beast that was looming over even I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's form. With its own angry and unholy growl, the mass of muscle and flesh bought down its own claws hand down across I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's hind leg. With cat-like reflexes, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý managed to leap to the right, before using true talons of strength to slam the beast down and away from it. In the same movement, it managed to also dodge the tail that was coming straight for it.

But there was one thing that I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý wasn't going to stand anymore.

With an angry roar, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý decided to quit playing around. The wounds that formerly covered the white pelt suddenly melded together once more, knitting and healing the skin. The weariness which I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý use to feel suddenly flowed away like water down a river. Energy came flowing back to it as a sudden smirk twisted onto its face. Cruel. Uncaring. And downright pissed off.

"You both should just lay down your lives before me, that was spilling your blood will become just that much easier for me... You should know, that as the master of chaos and madness,
    you will not push me down so easily!"

With that, the blackened beam erupted from its mouth, cleaving the grotesque being that the Necromancer had made. And that was when I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý tilted its head skyward. A howl of agony tore from the Necromancers lips, right wing sheering cleanly free from where it use to be- vanishing into nothing. He fell like a stone, the only thing keeping him from slamming into the ground being a blanket of water that caught him.

"Why do you resist, just be good little mice and let me KILL YOU BOTH!" I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý roared, snapping the beam off with ease. It snarled viciously, walking towards them as the female wrapped her brothers arm around her own neck. Words were exchanged, the female nodding and using her rapidly dwindling supply of water to throw at I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý- trying to just keep it back for a few moments while she dragged him through the cities, towards a cleared block. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý purred, "You're so silly, you think that I care where you die~? If you want- I'LL HELP YOU BOTH!" I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý roared, whipping its tail across their back- sending them straight into the ground where they landed some 200 feet from where they originally stood. Her arm snapped, his second wing broke- and I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý smiled.

"Your sympathic natures are what will always drag you down. Be the end of you. Destroy you. That is the weakness of all humans!"

With that, it opened a portal, appearing again next to the Necromancer as he was pushing himself to his feet- somewhat now uncaring of the snapped and missing wing.

"You're really an idiot. Whatever you are. You're stupid."

And that was when the Archangel descended- the orb of light within his hand exploding with condensed power as he slammed it straight down into I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's side. The beast howled, the gaping hole that it left causing agonising pain for several long moments, before... the injury slowly... knitted again...

I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý stood, laughing at the look on the Archangels face. Goodness this was so satisfying to it! However, the Archangel leaped forward, folding his wings into a dive- fist colliding with I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's own. Jaws opened, snapping down on his arm- only for the angel to twist his hand and tear itself free as well as several of I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý's teeth. Claws, blows, everything that I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý did with its deathly speed, this damn Archangel was able to match and better it. However, the light was blinding, each strike more blinding than the next as he continually built up the power that he used.

But I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý couldn't keep up.

But in its mind, it was already creating its own plan. The next hit that was about to strike its white hide, I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý literally fell straight down- through a portal that it made beneath itself. There was only one person that was separate from the other two.

With a sickeningly cheerful howl, the being released the last trick up its sleeve.

An inky darkness swept over itself and the Wanderer, a dome of sorts collapsing the grounds around it. The ground cracked and shattered, the waters that weren't touching the Wanderer vanishing into nothing. I̧̨͜n̡͡sa͏͝ņ̸͜i̧͡t͢͜ý, anger boiling over itself in its own rage, turned its complete attention to her. Here, no one could enter its arena, its dome. It arched high above them, 70 feet high, 300 feet in diameter, trapping the two inside. Just these two. No more interference from those other two bastards. It would end the one who brought upon this bad luck to it. Two words left its maw as its angry eyes rested on her.

"YOU'RE MINE!"

That's when it's teeth went for her throat once more

Health: 100% (I shouldn't have pissed it off, whoops)
    Sanity: 0%
    TDC: 419 (2 incapacitated)
    Core stability: 100%
    Dome remaining duration: 7 posts)

Last edited by Lexia on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Necromancer
    Necromancer

Post by Necromancer Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Even though he had his wing sheered off, this was all part of the plan, surprisingly.

It just hurt like hell.

His strangled cries of pain was enough to alert his sister, who had tried to help him up. His wing, still there, flapped weakly with every step that they took. "Come on, the clearing's close, and that thing's dying to get to it..." He mumbled, having released control of that creature long ago- as soon as his wing had been taken out.

"Oh shut up with your puns- now's not the time, but... at least that things following us still.."

The Necromancer was going to respond to that- but when he turned his head, all he could do was give a partial warning shout before the tail lashed around from behind the two of them. It cracked violently across the Wanderers back, slashing through her vest and shirt and partially damaging her back. For the Necromancer, it did something similar, slamming them both into the air. The Necromancer used his wing to partially balance himself, but, damn thermals had something to say about that as they simply flicked him off balance and cracked his wing straight into the concrete. He knew it'd snapped the moment he landed, the pain that went through him caused another cry from him.

Dang. Both his wings were injured or missing... She was going to murder him again for this.

Slowly, he turned to face the beast, a smirk on his face as he declared one thing against its insults; "You're really an idiot. Whatever you are. You're stupid."

In the next few moments, the light that had been observing from high above, curled his wings in and dove straight down. The following collisions and fight was something that the Necromancer had to turn his eyes away from. The blinding light burned into him as he pulled himself to his feet, staggering away from there and towards their sister. She had landed the furthest away, having been thrown roughly three hundred feet and landed a hundred feet to the Necromancers right. But before he could even get close, something... Weird happened.

Walls of inky darkness suddenly formed at the monsters howl- who had appeared right before his sister, moments after it had gone through its own portal.

The Necromancer paused for a few moments, before reaching up the the inky darkness that seemed to surround an area in a somewhat dome-like shape. But upon touching the darkness, a hiss of pain came from his lips as he tore his hand away. "Archangel, don't touch it! It tears apart whatever touches it!" He warned, looking at his bleeding fingers, before his eyes flickered back to the darkness.

"Is there a way into it from above? She's in there!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:36 am