The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Giants With Strength [Dragons Only] - Page 2 ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Giants With Strength [Dragons Only] - Page 2 OoC81
ROA

+5
Ami Suraj
Acer
XDemonBloodWolfX
Lead
Aero Dynamic
9 posters

Giants With Strength [Dragons Only]

XDemonBloodWolfX
    XDemonBloodWolfX

Female Posts : 17

Character sheet
    Character Name: Surnia
    Species: Robotic AI
    Alignment : True Neutral

Giants With Strength [Dragons Only] - Page 2 Empty Giants With Strength [Dragons Only]

Post by XDemonBloodWolfX Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

In the deep woods of The Beyond, in the highest mountain lived a dragon. One of that last in the world. There was only a hand full left alive that weren't trophies for the knights that slayed them or the kings that had taken their skulls and bones as ornaments for their castles. Those times had long sense been passed but that didn't mean that a stray adventurer or dragon seeker wouldn't go seeking them out to tell the world they they were still alive, but still, the dragons stayed hidden and away from the living world.

Today was a different day for Ami, the dragon-ness living on the peak of the mountain. With wings outstretched and carrying her silently through the air, the female was currently hunting for her evening meal; which living on a mountain, made slightly difficult. With large, keen eyes, Ami started to zone in on her prey of choice. Mountain goats; there was a whole herd of seven on her mountain today. They were always tender and full of meat, they made great pelts as well for her bed and den flooring. Flapping her wings a few time to make sure she stayed at her needed height, she dived in for the kill. With front talons outstretched she neared the cliff side they clung to. Once near and visible for the goats to see, they all tried to scatter to a safer out of reach place, but there was none.

Finding the largest, Ami glided to her target. When she was close enough to grab her prey, she did, grabbing her meal -that bleeped loudly in fear- with her front talons while jumping away from the mountain with her back ones. Knocking a few unstable rocks and boulders off as the other prey started to group together again. Thinking they were safe. But she would be back for them when she was done with this one, but for now she was hungry and wanted to eat this goat and make it shut up. Landing on a larger cliff face, Ami killed the animal and started to slowly bite an peel as much of its pelt away as she could without destroying it fully. Once she was finished with that, she started to eat her meal with delighted purrs of joy.

Arion

Giants With Strength [Dragons Only] - Page 2 Empty Re: Giants With Strength [Dragons Only]

Post by Arion Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:41 pm

"Trinyah? Trinyah? Where is that girl?" In a louder roar, Arion yelled, "Where is my daughter?!"

The Night Fury was soaring through the skies, his glossy black wings outstretched. He was reading in his cave when he had realized his daughter had disappeared, and instantly panicked. He loved reading and alone-time, but to him Trinyah was more important than the most eldest of scrolls. And what kind of father would he be if he allowed a young dragoness to wander around alone?
    A bad one, I'd say.
    Upon seeing a little white dot standing in a field of green, Arion knew he had found his daughter; after all, with that snow-white pelt of hers she stood out like the sun in twilight. The Night Fury dived down to his daughter and landed behind her. He wrapped his wings around her as he hugged Trinyah. "Don't you ever, ever leave me like that again, young lady," he growled, nuzzling the ice dragon affectionately. He was too busy checking on his child to acknowledge the other dragons for now.

Giants With Strength [Dragons Only] - Page 2 Empty Re: Giants With Strength [Dragons Only]

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:22 pm

(Hey Arion, maybe we should create our own topic, and leave them be, cuz this posting order is getting a little messed up Razz)
    Lead
    Lead

Post by Lead Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Lead wasn’t completely certain about what he was doing. Even if he knew he was comforting this broken dragon, he couldn’t answer himself why he did it. He felt a thread had tied his wing to her, feeling her cold scales against his fur, and his heart jumped when the dragon leaned against him. At that moment, nothing seemed to matter. He forgot he was in the forest, ignored how exposed they were to anyone else. His entire focus was on the dragon, and reassuring her that he was here. Perhaps lost and…not what he should be…but here nonetheless.

He got a glimpse of Areo turning to leave. He would have followed, if his limbs didn’t feel like they were tied in place. Shouldn’t they be happy? They weren’t the last ones in this world. Then again, it could be something else that Lead hadn’t noticed. The two were lost. In this world full of humans trying to hunt them for their gain. Lead decided that it was the happiness of knowing there was a third that made him come towards her.

Though he could be wrong.

His spine tingled, right from his tail to his neck when he felt something long and thin brushed against his tail. Then in coiled around it, interlocking and holding him in place, though not too tightly. The sensation was…rather warm. And it made Lead rather nervous. He tried to shake himself from those feelings, and more of his tears fell. He cried again. Lead looked back at Ami, still weeping from how he had forgotten her. Something was pulling at his snout, as if to make him etch closer to hers. Like a lover. But there was a lot of conflict inside him, a battle of emotions. He couldn’t determine what to feel at that instant. Happiness? Sadness? Confusion? Anger? Whatever it was, it seemed to have awaken something inside him, something trying to nag his mind for control.

Lead surrendered to those thoughts, and his maw opened. Those impulses pushed him further, rekindling him, as he tried to push out what that impulse was trying to say. A…A-A….A…mi…
    Ami Suraj
    Ami Suraj

Female Posts : 29

Character sheet
    Character Name: Ami Suraj
    Species: European/Shadow Dragon

Post by Ami Suraj Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Ami felt numb but warm all at the same time as she continued to weep. But her tears were cut short when she noticed that Lead himself was crying, but he looked so lost as to why. Ami felt just as bad for him as she did herself, he was crying for her but didn't know it. It felt like her heart would really shatter until she heard him whisper her name. Ami felt her whole body warm with the thought that he hadn't totally forgotten. But the male still looked so confused, like he was just going by instinct. The dragoness noticed that he seemed to be inching his snout to her own as if to nuzzle her, but he was fighting it off from actually doing so.

Ami un-buried her head from her talons and wings and nuzzled her face into Lead's chest. A bitter smile grace her face as she nuzzled his fur that was as soft as ever. Why did he have to say something like that? "At least you still know my name somewhere in that thick head of yours... Don't cry, you have no reason too." Ami chuckled sadly, feeling the tears fall from her eyes silently now. Her talons dug into the soil under her as she tried to fight the tears away. She had to look at the bright side of things; that Lead was alive and healthy, he wasn't hurt. But Ami's mind couldn't pull herself away from the thought that he didn't know her anymore. That she might have to live her whole life like this now, with Lead no longer remembering her aside from what he subconsciously did.

Ami might as well have been in a heavenly hell of torture.
    Crossfire
    Crossfire

Male Posts : 15

Character sheet
    Character Name: Crossfire.
    Species: Wyvern.

Post by Crossfire Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Crossfire would be on the beach, devouring his latest prize, a Freshwater Giant Squid to be exact; a species of Giant Squid native to lakes. Taking small bite on one of it's tentacles before retracting his head, cleanly severing it from the body before eating it slowly. Eating his fill, he would leave what's left of the carcass for the scavengers to clean up, now taking off into the air, flying across the area to try and find a place to rest, maybe a cave or a abandoned den of some kind, anything so he can rest his body after tangling with such a large creature. The orange wyvern would continue soaring across the sky before spotting what appears a dragon, the only one he can see to be exact. A black one about his size (areo).

She looks interesting enough to talk with. Besides, I haven't seen any other Dragon Kin ever since the humans started hunting our species. thought the Triphibian Wyvern. It was indeed true, that last time he had communication with another one of his species was a couple of years ago, maybe 5, 6, 7 years ago? Who actually knows?

He would start descending from the sky, landing on the ground before getting a chill up his spine and sail. Dear God it's cold! he thought, it didn't help since he just got out of the water. He would open his maw, shooting steam onto his body to warm himself up. He couldn't use his mighty fire breath yet since he was still drying off, and it will take a while to fully become dry again.

Now slowly walking towards the others, every now and then shooting his steam breath before assuming a bipedal stance, tucking his wings close to his body before awkwardly waddling towards Areo, switching into a quadropedel stance one he got close enough to her before simply saying "Hello.".

Last edited by Crossfire on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Female Posts : 409

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Post by Aero Dynamic Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:39 pm

I continued to watch the sun, trying to think about only that right now. Trying to forget the world around me, of which I did to a degree. I didn't notice the orange wyvern flying above me, until he spoke. It spooked me, making me jump up and scramble back a bit, although luckily not off the cliff. My back paw hit some loose rocks, slipping off before I put it back on solid ground. I calmed my startled breath back down, taking the time to examine him. By the way he didn't attack me or try to carry me off right away he didn't seem like a threat, for now. He was orange, with some black and a flat tail. Looking down at his limbs I didn't see any front legs. What was this? He was like a dragon, but not quite. Maybe a birth defect?

I slowly answered, "Hello... there." Still wary of the newcomer. He was my size, a bit bigger which would make it at least a bit more far in a fight, which was good. And without his front legs he couldn't do much in the way of clawing unless he was flying, another advantage. I couldn't see his teeth to know what the danger of that was, but like all creatures, it would be better to stay away. The thoughts of earlier were pushed aside. My tail was swishing slowly behind me while my spines were still on edge. If he did come and attack I could just fall of the edge before spiraling into flight, probably finding Lead... Who knows if he'd even respond to an attack. I mentally shook my head, he would still protect me, I'm sure of that. "Who are you?"
    Lead
    Lead

Post by Lead Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:12 pm

He didn’t know what he just said, but it was the word that was scratching him in the throat, begging to come out. The word numbed any heavy feelings he had, and a rush of warmth took its place. Again, he didn’t know why he felt that. But now that he allowed his own instincts to take over a few seconds, he was just lying there, completely still, as if he had reached an end to those thoughts. So then what? He asked himself. Lead could stay here in this cold but soothing embrace for the whole day, hoping that the dragon could find her strength again to stand. He could say something…anything. To give her even another shred of happiness. But he hardly knew her. Or forgotten so much about her that silence seemed to be the best.

Again, Lead found himself in this position again. Lost, and helpless. He knew this dragon before. That much he could conclude when his instinct repeated her name. Lead wanted to remember. The two knew each other. Yet he fully understood what it meant to be forgotten…especially by someone ever so close to him. Another tear fell on his paw. He didn’t care. His memories were lost. Stolen. And he had nothing else to show his sorrow for Ami, but tears for the forgotten.

He held her close as she pressed her snout against his chest, and he could feel his own heart beating against her. I am here, Lead managed to say. Seeing how strong she was, to fight back her own tears, made him wanted to fight back his own. Yes, he had. He needed to be strong if he were to survive in this world. But to know that what was lost and forgotten to him to return upon his embrace, no matter what held them apart, was a strength that he knew he couldn’t possess. I am here. He repeated softly, fighting against his doubts. Instead, he looked up to the skies, a firm grasp on a new goal.
    Ami Suraj
    Ami Suraj

Character sheet

Post by Ami Suraj Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:50 pm

Ami could feel herself relaxing more and more as she nuzzled closer to the male with a deep purr. Her tears having finally stopped falling, leaving her feeling drained and tired. Hearing Lead's words were the last thing Ami needed to fully relax and finally get herself together. She really was a mess wasn't she? She couldn't do anything but cry until she had nothing left in her before she finally started to think straight and take everything. It was getting dark and Lead was probably tired. Ami stole a glance at Lead, he was looking to the sky through the large gap Ami had created after throwing her anger fit. The stars were starting to show up in the sky from the looks of it and it was getting colder.

Ami noticed how sore her body was from her fit. Looking at herself she could see a lot of cuts and things stuck painfully under her scales along her tail and front talons. It would be a pain to move with this stuff under her scales but she didn't want to bother with them until she was at her den. Suddenly Ami had an idea. What if she invited Lead to her den that she had been staying in recently? It would give them time to talk things out and Ami really needed to rest somewhere that wasn't out in the open.

But what about Areo? Lifting her head, Ami glanced at the spot she had last seen the other female to see that she was gone. Ami felt slightly bad for having followed her and pushed her aside just like that to talk to Lead. Looking back at Lead, Ami felt warm and fuzzy inside. After so long of feeling alone and cold inside, it was happily welcomed. But the real cold outside was nipping at her weakened state and it only etch her on in wanting to get to her warm and safe den. "Want t-, rather, would you want to come to my den?" Ami asked a bit bashfully and hesitantly, voice still a bit rough. Ami tried to get to her feet as she slide away from under Lead's warm wing and side. Her whole body shivered from the frosty air. It took Ami a few moments but eventually she stood after a few stumbles and shaking limbs. Looking to Lead again, she smiled. "Its warmer there and safer then being out in the open like this." Ami hoped that Lead would agree, and if they ran into Areo again, Ami wouldn't mind inviting her as well.
    Crossfire
    Crossfire

Character sheet

Post by Crossfire Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Crossfire, getting better footing on himself by digging his claws into the dirt. He wasn't exactly used to being in and around terrain like this, just beach or anything open, like a field. Lakes or other large bodies of water were also good since he was semiaquatic. Looking around, he would get a really good look of his surroundings, and man, did it look beautiful. Sure it might be cold, but he could manage, all he wanted to do right now is get a nice long look before he can answer her question. It appeared he was somewhere in the mountains, surrounded by pine trees and other flora. The animals, surprisingly enough, were different too then the creatures usually around the lake. Mostly elk, goat, and other creatures that made their home around here. He would finally snap out of his own little world so he can finally answer the dragoness' question. Standing tall, he would tell her who, and what he was.

"My name is Crossfire, and I'm a wyvern. I live just a couple miles over there, in a lake." he said, turning his body so he can use one of his wings to point. It was hard living with only four limbs, can't exactly grab onto self besides using his feet, and was a living nightmare when it comes to scratching, and grooming himself.

Turning back to meet face to face with the female, he would ask, "So, who might you be, my fellow dragon kin?" said the Orange wyvern, in a slightly happy tone. It was quite exciting for him to finally talk with another one of his species, even though he was a wyvern while she was a dragon, family is still family, right?
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:53 pm

A wyvern. I felt like I've heard some people say that name before. I looked over at the direction he pointed, seeing the glimmer of the lake as the sun started to slowly touch it. It was getting dark fast. Turning back to him I lowered my spines back into their normal position. He didn't seem like a threat anymore, and I could still use my escape route if necessary.

I looked at him when he asked for my name. "I'm Aero Dynamic, nice to meet you Crossfire." I didn't feel like telling him where I lived yet. I haven't even gotten around to telling Lead where I lived yet. I let out a deep exhale, watching as my breath turned into a little cloud of fog then disappeared into the thin air. It was getting darker, and with that, colder. I gave a little shiver, the cold not totally bugging me but still able to get under my scales. But I gave a smile, almost like a smile of relief. I loved the night, it was never to warm and I blended in like a shadow. It was almost comforting to know that I was barely seen. Maybe I could just leave and fly back to my den later, have everything return to normal...
    Lead
    Lead

Post by Lead Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:31 pm

Like the light, however dim and weak it was, seeping in to warm the cold and dark, the stars brimmed and glistened above. Every one of them, Lead thought, carried very little meaning to him. Mere fragments of the moon, now broken into a crescent. But another look at them was different. He didn’t consider them like that anymore. He examined each one of them, the constellations, the different brightness of each light. They seem to speak tales to him. Those of the past…their ancestors that helped shape the world as it was today. Lead snorted, smiling a little. It was as if they now had meaning in them.

Lead felt the bundle under his wing move, and he lifted his wing to allow Ami to stand. The cuts and bits of wood debris left on her became apparent, and Lead knew they needed treatment. Streaks of very faint purple lined all over her body, ever so elegantly and complementing the glistening black scales that rippled smoothly with every step. The bristles along her back, receded back along her spine, reminded him of the waves of the ocean under a moonless sky. Lead had to shake his head to snap himself from such mesmerisation. It amazed him how a second look upon this dragon brought about a new meaning.

He gave her a slight nod when she invited him to her den. It was getting late after all, with many monsters roaming under the advantage of being unseen, and his own den was far from here. He knew, since he could barely pick up the icy mountain scent of his territory. Then it somewhat struck him. What if Ami was what he was searching all along? His life, his purpose, his…own self. And to have forgotten her like it was a game for the demons. Or even the gods.

No. He wouldn’t let his fragmented memories pull him from her anymore. No matter what they threw at them, no matter how far they were, no matter how many punishments he had to endure, no matter how much he must sacrifice, nothing shall separate them. Every little piece, every little fragment, every little piece of the moon…shall fit back together, and give birth to a new night of beauty.

And what of Areo? This is not her territory. Should we not find her first? If you…have anything you wish to ask me of…we can do it while we find her. This was part of his concern, that the two and Areo were one of those who survived the wretched massacre of their kind. It was only reasonable they stick together...as they all had nothing but each other left in this world.
    Ami Suraj
    Ami Suraj

Character sheet

Post by Ami Suraj Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:22 pm

The female was relived to say the least as she limped around a little, trying to numb the pain out. Hearing Lead's concern, she did think it smart to go and find Areo, she couldn't have gotten far after all. Ami nodded, "That would be smart, don't want to leave the poor girl alone in the cold. And yes...questions. I have many!", she laughed with a smile, but it seemed fake considering she was still getting over her broken heart. Shaking the thoughts away; Ami started to scent the air for where she had wondered off to. Once she got the scent, she motioned for Lead to follow with a shift of her wing forward.

Limping her way over all the trees and bushes she had ruined, Ami winced. She really hadn't help back on the forest? She almost felt bad for having done so but it was better it had been the trees then the actual dragons near her at the time. Ami had noticed how much darker it had gotten in the sort amount of time, it was always like that around here. Night seemed to come to quickly and yet, to slowly for her taste all at the same time.

Seeing as they were under the foliage of the trees again, Ami could tell it might be hard for the creamy furred dragon to keep sight of her. So in turn, she let her bio-signatures glow as they saw fit, lighting anything within ten feet of her into a new purple realm of colors and shades. "So where had you been staying sense you got here, Lead?" Ami was curious, and her bio-signatures gave that away with a quick flare of interest. The dragoness had many questions but this one was the easiest to ask. Plus, she didn't know of any icy areas good enough for Lead's normal taste, besides, she would have froze if she tried to get anywhere close to the temperature places Lead liked. Far too cold for her normal heat seeking self.
    Crossfire
    Crossfire

Character sheet

Post by Crossfire Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:34 pm

Crossfire would smile before noticing that it started to become darker, as well as colder. Now shivering, the wyvern would start coughing, each time a small steam breath would leave his mouth. This continued till his steam breath finally became his fire breath, now warming himself up more efficiently. "It's nice to meet you as well Areo, it's good knowing more Dragon Kin are still alive." the wyvern said before hearing some voices in the distance, "Hmm? Other Dragon Kin?". He would get on his hind legs before waddling towards the voices, wondering what the source of the voices would looks like. The first one he saw wasn't so bad, another black scaled dragon, bigger than him, but nothing straying far from the usual size of a dragon. But then he saw... the white one. Boy, did this one look scary, those blue eyes gave a chill up his spine, and the large size made him small. Letting out a small screech in fear, Crossfire would turn tail and start waddling away in fear, not knowing if the large white one is friend or foe.
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:34 pm

I watched as he coughed out steam as he started to slightly shiver. Then it became into fire, seeming to make him stop shivering slightly. Maybe if I was to concerned about the cold I'd make a fire with my own fire breath, but I was nowhere near that point. I nodded, I guess it was nice finally meeting more dragons, but why all right now? Why couldn't she have had at least one earlier? I barely noticed as he started to waddle away, to lost in my own thoughts until I looked up and saw that he was gone. It wasn't that hard to find him again, but who I saw he came across made me cringe. My spines went up, then back down as I realised my breath.

It was just Lead and the other dragon, the new one of which he was all of sudden drawn to like a magnet. My tail flicked slightly, but hard, like it was annoyed. I stared at them, glancing at Cross as he screamed and waddled away. So that I didn't look at annoyed at them, I sat down and began licking my paw, acting like I was not really paying attention to them. Maybe they'd just see it as me grooming myself, and not that I was mad at them. I almost wanted to mummer something, but I kept my mouth shut.
    Lead
    Lead

Post by Lead Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:59 pm

Lead stretched his wings, flapping a few times before tucking them back to his sides. It only took until he left the ruined grounds that the shadows of the forest engulfed him. His heart leapt at how dark it had become. He could only see the bushes and twisted trunks within 5 metres from him. Already Lead hissed and grunted, with how he knocked his talons against roots that stuck out, or having a sharp branch scratch his cheek. It was like he became blind. Ami was right in front of him, but he struggled to even follow her lead as she had little trouble weaving herself around the dense forest. He feared looking up for stars, the glimpse could be all it takes to lose her.

After another stumble, a big one over a possible fallen tree, the forest turned purple. The trees, shrubbery and leaves were lit up before him, but in that strange hue. Lead took a quick glance up, and the moon seemingly found the ‘beacon’ and welcomed the two in its enigmatic embrace. The gentle croaks and clicking of the night creatures sung, as if inviting the new light. Lead looked towards Ami, and noticed those streaks he saw earlier had glowed, scaring away all the shadows but not being overwhelmingly bright. Those streaks, how they were adourned around her body, and how they glowed, made Lead thought he was staring at a goddess of the night. The thought just jumped into his mind, and he shook it off just in time to listen in to her question.

It brought him crashing back to reality. Lead looked down, more confident in where he was going but not so much with his own livelihood. I live within the icy caves not far from here. The only place I know where I can sleep…without a scent of human to fear. I can survive such sheer cold when they can’t. You?

Though he may not get an answer. It was only a short walk before they met Areo again, maybe enough for a short response. Lead was relieved to see she was alright when he knew so well any dark forest wasn’t welcoming for even their kind. But she was with something else. A bird…reptile…dragon. Lead knew it was a dragon through its scent, though it was rather small. He watched this little dragon, confused at first, but slowly a shred of amusement as he watched how this small dragon walked slowly away from him. At least…he thought it was walking. But this dragon was screeching at Lead, still walking away from him. Was it running?

He ignored that dragon and turned back to Areo. Areo…will you be able to come with us? We need to talk.
    Ami Suraj
    Ami Suraj

Character sheet

Post by Ami Suraj Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:42 am

Ami held back a giggle when she heard Lead stumbling and tripping over all the things on the forest floor. Although it wasn't surprising considering his eyes were made for bright areas, like that of a white tundra. Ami on the other hand, she was made for the night and could see better than anything or one she knew of. It was a special gift of hers just like that of her bio-signatures, something that most deepwater fish would have to lure or scare their prey and enemies. Continuing to limp her way to Areo's scent, Ami listened to Lead speak. She had missed his voice so much it seemed like velvet to her ear drums. Deep and rough to anyone who didn't know the furry brute, but soft and comforting to her like that of a heart beat.

The dragoness wasn't surprised to hear he had been staying in the icy lands a bit of a ways off from her territory, it was just as she had predicted. But she could never enter the area to search even on the warmest of days. It wasn't her place. Ami perked as Lead asked where she was staying and smiled. "Cant you smell it? This is my territory you're in, I've been staying in that cave up there on the mountain." Ami would have raised her wing to show the direction considering they were just about out of the forest when she was greeted by a waddling...dragon. Ami almost cooed at it in delight because of how small and cute it was walking towards them. But it seemed to stop in fear at the sight of Lead coming out of the shadows of the forest like a white ghost.

Ami held back a laugh as the two-legged dragon started to waddle away, squawking in fear. But as Ami followed him with her eyes she caught sight of Areo on the edge of the cliff, grooming her talons, but her body language was tense and ridged, a large sign that she was upset. Ami couldn't stop herself when she started to poke at Areo's mind, seeking out why she was mad. Was it because of the other dragon? Was it then disturbing her, or was it Ami herself. The answer the was the lesser of the three. Ami felt herself deflated at the thought that Areo was mad at her, sadly she couldn't find out exactly why. She was too tired to read minds and really understand what she was feeling. They would have to talk it out. She did look at Lead when he asked if Areo wanted to join them, and again, the sight of him brought her ease like no other could. He was taller than any dragon she had seen in all her life, his fur seemed to glisten in the moonlight that was finally able to touch it, it seemed to look like snow itself. And his feathers were just as neat and strong as they ever were on his wings; Ami thought she might have to hold herself back from wanting to nuzzle herself into him after having not seen him for so long, but shook the thoughts away with great effort to see what Areo's answer would be.
    Hunter Dracon
    Hunter Dracon

Male Posts : 67

Character sheet
    Character Name: Hunter Dracon
    Species: Human/Night Fury/Phoenix Hybrid
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by Hunter Dracon Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:03 pm

~Since Hunter's one third dragon and can shapeshift into one I'm joining this roleplay. if you have any objections please let me know.~

Hunter shot across the night sky with his vapor trail flowing behind him. This was the life of a dragon. Having a feeling of freedom and happiness. He looked down across the lands he was flying over and scented other dragons.

Hunter flared his wings open and a loud boom sounded off as he stopped abruptly. His wings pumped constantly as he hovered over the mountains. His keen eyesight and nightvision could pick out almost anything like he could in the daytime. His cyan eyes glowed with curiosity and interest as he spotted a few shapes within the forest's trees that dotted the mountain's landscapes. One was white and he couldn't make out the other dragons' colors.

Hunter folded his wings halfway and dove down. He had been flying at a very high altitude where the air was thinner and there wasn't as much wind resistance. Once he reached around 2,000 ft he flared his wings open and glided down onto the mountainside.

His eyes and head moved form side to side as he searched for the dragons that he had spotted from the air. He caught a glimpse of a white tail before it slid behind the trees.
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:27 pm

I glanced at Lead, mid lick. After a second I put my paw down, turning to face him. I kept my face as neutral as I could, although was unsure if any anger managed to leak through. I wasn't worried about what was lurking around in the dark, maybe I just didn't care anymore. If I wanted to go anywhere I'd just fly back to my den, but I just gave a sigh. "Sure, I got nowhere else to go..." I glanced at the two. Maybe they did care about me, coming out to find me. Or maybe it was a coincidence. Getting up I ruffled my wings. Maybe he knew what was going on, ready to finally explain what happened.

(So short ;-;)
    Lead
    Lead

Post by Lead Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:09 pm

He sniffed the air slightly as he waited for Areo’s response. Sure enough, the air carried the same scent as Ami herself. But he was hoping it would awaken older memories. As for Areo herself, something about her wasn’t right. She was more…tense than usual. And to have walked away from them like that, it was clear that what she saw was very unsettling. Lead loosened his stoic expression. He very well understood the feeling of loneliness, the thoughts of being the last one left in this world forever haunted him until the day he first met Areo. And with Ami within their gathering, and her apparent closeness with Lead, he would understand Areo’s craving for the same companionship at least.

Lead huffed a sigh when Areo just simply agreed to follow them to Ami’s den, a thick mist coming out of him, glowing purple only by Ami’s streaks. All of this was too much for Lead to grasp within one day. He came across another two dragons, and one of them had a close connection to him. And that led him back to the issue of his missing memories again. Perhaps the talk back at the den would help clear things up. Lead opened his maw, wanting to reassure Areo but he couldn’t find the right words. Perhaps he could do so once they go to the den.

The night was getting colder. Lead could feel a rush coming up his spine, and he was concerned for the two females. They didn’t have the same fur as he did. It was best they hurry. Lead turned to Ami. The streaks glowed more strongly as ever, and the mere glimpse of those elegant patterns made him think he was underwater, somewhere dark with nothing but creatures that had parts of their bodies glowing in differing colours. Surely if Ami was a dragon of the sea, she could be the alluring princess. It didn’t mean she couldn’t be the same among the forest, but her glow could attract unsuspecting predators. Even humans. Lead was bewitched by the sight again, and it was until he realised that he shook himself free. That would get some time getting used to, though he may not be able. It amazed him how true beauty would reveal themselves when the sun sleeps. We better get moving.
    Ami Suraj
    Ami Suraj

Character sheet

Post by Ami Suraj Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:58 pm

Ami could practically hear the irritation in Areo's voice, but she tried her best to ignore it as she shivered. The wind was picking up, causing all of the tree's around them, leaves to shiver with her. They had better hurry to her den before she froze to death, although she actually wouldn't, she would just be unhappily cold. Luckily Lead seemed to have the same idea as her. Ami wouldn't have said anything, but she had noticed how much Lead stared at her, like she was a goddess, as if she was the only star in the sky. And she found it quite flattering. Even with his lost memories, he seemed to look at her like life its self. Ami, however, would not admit to stealing glances at Lead every now and then like she was now, watching as the chilling breeze seemed to warm at the sight of it running through his mane, almost like water.

Focusing on the task at hand when Lead spoke that they should get moving, Ami moved away from the white giant just enough to unfurl her wings for flight. "Follow me," Ami said, backing up slightly before running to the cliffs edge and diving off, her wings opening as she dove downward before shooting back up into the sky again with a beating thump of her wings. Knowing full and well how dark it was even now in the sky, Ami kept her bioluminescent's active for them to see, even flashing them sometimes to make sure they stayed nice and bright for the two to see.

Ami let out a roar at the two as she started to head to her den, the roar wasn't one of aggression but rather, communicational at best. With steady beats of her wings, Ami started to lead the other dragons to her den. If it wasn't so cold and she didn't have other following her, she would have gone back to get the goat pelt she had left. But she could get it in the morning when the two were either asleep or going out to get their morning meals.
    Crossfire
    Crossfire

Character sheet

Post by Crossfire Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:06 pm

Crossfire would continue to waddle away, continuously making a slightly annoying squawking sound in fear of the giant white dragon, though he didn't exactly got that far. He only got 10 feet away, that's his fastest at best. But then he would hear that the other dragons are leaving. Why is that, is something coming? Something dangerous? Is it the cold? Questions for later. All he knows is that he does not want to be alone, he has been alone for way too long, so he would turn his direction to see where they are going. Into the skies eh? Something he is at least good at.

Waddling towards the cliff before slowly climbing up it, though not exactly easily since he was built for such a task. When he finally made it up there, he would take off, following the dragon that is using bioluminescent. She might have had a head start, but he would appear to quickly catch up to her. Being both smaller, as well as being a wyvern (wyverns are more agile and quick in the skies, not so much at the walking), it would make sense that he would at least catch up to her, maybe right behind her? After landing, he would look around where she has brought us. "So... is this where you live?" he said, going into a bipedal stance before he would waddle around the area.
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:09 pm

I just watched as Ami jumped off the cliff, turning into the air and leading us back to her den. Giving a slight sigh I jumped off to, free falling for a bit before turning into a dive. I gave a spin, opening my wings and shooting up, through the clouds and above them. It was always fun to just spin and dive, feeling the wind rush past your scales. It almost made me wonder what it would feel like to swim under the water. In the breaks of clouds I watched her, making sure I was staying on course with the lighted dragon. It seemed like she was heading towards the mountain from earlier.

Just enjoying myself, gliding in the cool wind from above the clouds I closed my eyes, knowing nothing could intercept my course from up here. Any birds that even caught a glimpse of me would fly away in shock before even coming close. Upon hearing her roar I rolled, feeling the wind rush upon my back and the back of my wings. I closed my eyes again for a brief second before rolling again. Overshooting the spot where her glowing lines illuminated a cave I glided back up, landing on the edge.

Looking in the cave I noticed the slope before it evened out. The sandy floor covered with pelts of differents kinds, colors and sizes. Some gold got lost from the corner, spread throughout the area like an area of few stars. In the back left corner there was a nest of furs, indented with what looked like the shape of Ami. The furs seemed like a good idea for a cave, but my floor was just made of the hard stone. It probably took a while to make all of this, but then again being alone gave you time to do so. Turning my now calmer gaze to Ami I waited until she let us in, still not saying anything. She probably didn't want dragons just intruding her den, unless of course that dragon was Lead.
    Lead
    Lead

Post by Lead Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:43 pm

One by one the dragons followed Ami off the cliff and took to the skies. First it was the wyvern - who knows why he was following but probably Areo's friend - and then Areo. Lead just stepped on the edge, looking down as he saw Areo pulling up and into the air, becoming distant from Lead and regrouping with Ami, still glowing brightly as ever in this cold dark night. Yeah, it was a magnificent sight, if any humans ever dared to come here and saw the spectacle of dragons taking flight.

Before they got too far, Lead darted and leapt over. He didn't perform any fancy flying dances or swivelling like Areo did as he quickly caught up to her. Lead was a fast flyer but, being the protectivw guardian he was for now, he remained behind the dragons. It was rather difficult, with nothing but Ami's light to guide the way and her use of roars. Lead would roar back to her, as a way to respond to her calls. Somehow, he felt different when up in the air this late in the night. It was...exciting at least, to know he was flying with this much company.

It wasn't long before he made it to the cave. The sudden rush of warmth blasted his snout as he walked inside. It was still dark in here, but with Ami's glowing streaks, it made Lead think he was inside a crystal cave of some sorts, with hidden glowing purple crystals somewhere illuminating the room. Lead continued to trail behind the dragons, but once they were rather deep inside, he moved closer to Ami. This place...it's...warm...beautiful... those thoughts just escaped him as he continued to look around, from the pelts to the treasure horde...then he met Ami's eyes. And there he was reminded why everyone was here.

The last dragons upon this world...
    Ami Suraj
    Ami Suraj

Character sheet

Post by Ami Suraj Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:16 pm

The air was cold and it made Ami shiver in it, but it was relieving as well, to finally stretch her wings again. The stars were bright in the sky like they always were in this area, but despite their vast amounts, it was still too dark for the others. With her destination in sight, she gave one final roar that was echoed by Lead's own, which brought her a sense of relief to know he hadn't vanished without her again. Touching down to her den, she hissed in pain from the stray bits of wood and bark being moved with the pressure of her landing but never the less, Ami watched as the others followed before giving a silent nod of permission for the two dragons to enter. The black dragoness was surprised when the two-legged dragon landed. So he was following them? Ami would have searched his mind for any hostility, but she was too tired and didn't care enough to do so.

Entering her den through the sloped entrance, Ami looked everything over to make sure nothing was gone from the places she had left them. And luckily, everything was. Stepping in closer to her nest, Ami watched as the other three dragons entered and looked around. The two dragons seemed to notice how decorated her den was and seemed slightly amazed by it. Considering how big she was compared to all the smaller animals, she could guess why. There were a lot of pelts. Ami felt her chest puff out slightly in pride before she finally noticed how close Lead was to her. Ami's chest fluttered a million times over before calming again as he looked into her eyes. She could feel her cheeks warming up and quickly looked away before he could see her flushed blue cheeks.
    (Ami has blue blood so she blushed blue instead of red as well as bleeds blue.)

Hearing Lead's words, Ami smiled. "Thank you." She said before realizing the only thing lighting the room was her bioluminescent. In the middle of the room was a pile of already slightly burnt tree trucks in a indent of sand away from all the pelts. Ami moved towards it before breathing a quick spray of purple flames at it so that it would light again. Once lit, Ami moved back to her spot neck to Lead; watching the flames turn from her purple ones to the normal colored golden oranges and yellows and faint blues. Finally letting herself relax and tend to her wounds, she laid down on the warm and fuzzy floor. Pulling in her front talons with a hiss, she started the painful work. Working her tongue over and around her scales, she delicately started to clean them out and off of anything that couldn't injure her more. As she worked her tail whip silently back and forth behind her in a sign of pain. Small drops a blue blood came with the removal of a few twigs and rock.

"You must have questions,"
    Ami said in between licks as she glanced at Lead's icy blue ice before looking to Areo's more calm and deep oceanic eyes. "- Ask away."
    Crossfire
    Crossfire

Character sheet

Post by Crossfire Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:15 pm

Crossfire would continue waddling around, bobbing his head around like a bird. You might be wondering, why is a dragon of all creatures acting like a bird? Well, wyverns, having short back legs, would be doing this, it is one of the most effective ways to survive... at least to them. Wyverns aren't exactly the smartest creatures. Nudging most things with his head, he would sniff them, getting their scent before hearing Ami saying something about questions or something? "Uh, I got a question," the wyvern said slightly shyly how did you survive from the humans?". The wyvern would then turn his body, waddling almost comically towards the dragoness before sitting down in front of her.

>Short post is short<
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:49 pm

When she nodded for us to go in I walked down the slope and into the den. Looking around I found the spot with the least amount of furs to settle at, waiting until everyone else laid down to do the same. I watched as she lit a pile of wood in the middle, the same purple on her scales practically coming out her mouth. I wondered if that meant her fire was hotter or colder than regular orange fire, like mine, or if it was just made with a different chemical compound. Looking back as Lead and Ami exchanged mushy glances I shifted my gaze away from the two and to Cross. How could he ever survive walking like that, it didn't seem efficient at all.

I looked back over when Ami mentioned questions. Twitching my nose I could think of a dozen questions off the bat, but stayed silent. Watching as Cross did some more of his waddling to sit in front of Ami I looked away and out the entrance of the cave, watching as the stars slowly began to twinkle to life. Laying my head in between my paws I listened for her response, although it didn't look like it. While the others were gathered in the corner I stayed by the hard wall near the sloped entrance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:26 am