The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Is That Take Out, or are You Just Happy to See Me? (Open) ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Is That Take Out, or are You Just Happy to See Me? (Open) OoC81
ROA

4 posters

Is That Take Out, or are You Just Happy to See Me? (Open)

Cedric
    Cedric

Male Posts : 92

Character sheet
    Character Name: Cedric
    Species: Paradigm
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Is That Take Out, or are You Just Happy to See Me? (Open) Empty Is That Take Out, or are You Just Happy to See Me? (Open)

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:17 am

Cedric was relieved that the diamonds and silver he had achieved from the DOS had translated correctly in this realm's currency. Apparently, they actually considered them a rare resource. Since he carried them around to repair his talisman, he figured he could spare a handful of the inch-wide gems and minted coins. This, of course, also meant that he was now Noble Phantasm's errand boy.

Joy.

Today's cashier at Majesty was, of course, a female. Rather than induce a headache, Cedric instead handed the young lady his shopping list- a conglomeration of drinks and pastries that Six had insisted were ambrosia. Of course, Cedric would be the judge of that. Six always seemed to have an odd taste in food. Although, Allelujah did agree with him...

Leaning on the back wall, the Paradigm took a few minutes to take in his surroundings. The shop was small and quaint- much as Six had described. A lot like home, even. Cedric's head shot up as the woman commented that his order was done. Taking the fresh grounds in their package, he listened as the woman gave explicit instructions on how to mix everything in the bag- instructions that flew over his head. Rolling her eyes, the woman drew a diagram of how to put the grounds in the cylinder that she called a 'French Press' (Whatever the fuck that was) while complaining about foreigners taking job force. Shaking his head, he took the folded diagram and put it into the bag with the guild's order. A nice thing about this realm's currency system is that it wasn't entirely based in barter, but rather in a monetary system based off of amounts of ten.

Handing the correctly tendered amount to the woman, Cedric practically ran out of the coffee shoppe- inhaling the outside air deeply. It wasn't that the shop smelled bad or anything, but he'd always felt funny when in enclosed spaces. Though, the sheer amount of energy this place had running through the air always left him in a state of awe- there was so much.. And so much of it was wasted.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Insanity
    Species: Unknown
    Alignment : Chaotic Evil

Is That Take Out, or are You Just Happy to See Me? (Open) Empty Re: Is That Take Out, or are You Just Happy to See Me? (Open)

Post by Lexia Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:06 pm

This was one of the few times that Lexia was apart from Sly. It was a little sad to her that he wasn't exactly around at the moment, but she tried to shove it aside. With a small smile, Lexia would push the thought away. She was able to handle being away. Probably. This was one of the first times she also went without Nithya, and she felt partially empty. Don't worry tiny thing, I'll make sure no one cuts you into pieces and feeds you to the dogs! The voice spoke cheerfully, and Lexia almost shook her head. That thing really was crazy.

No I'm not!

With a shake of her head, Lexia adjusted the leather gloves that she wore over her hands. The blood stones brimmed with their energy, and the void stone in her arm filled them quite happily with power. So much that Lexia was inwardly grateful that she couldn't use it all. If she could... Lex doubted that there would be a human left. But that was her thoughts, it was highly unlikely that she would be able to do that. With a small sigh, she approached a small shop, her hands slipping into a pocket to try and take out some loose change.

She was about to open the door and step in when someone burst from it, before inhaling a rather large lungful of air. With a startled expression on her face, Lexia quickly walked over to them. For once, she would try to be nice.

"Hey, are you alright?" She asked them, noticing the bags in their hands from purchasing their goods. "Do you need to sit down?" She further inquired, a look of concern sparking in her eyes. There she would try and aid them, depending on if they tried to brush her away. If they did, she would be slightly taken aback, but offer her assistance if he (she was assuming it was a he) needed help.
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Is That Take Out, or are You Just Happy to See Me? (Open) Empty Re: Is That Take Out, or are You Just Happy to See Me? (Open)

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:14 pm

"Do you need to sit down?"

Cedric blinked, before staring down at the woman who approached him. Her face was earnest, and her clothing was... Off, for what seemed to be norm for this Realm.

Wait.

Upon closer inspection, it actually reminded him of a Chaser at home, one that served with his adopted daughter... Gods, what was the name of that sadistic woman? Realizing that he was staring awkwardly at the woman, the Knight cleared his throat before resettling the groceries- offering a charming smile at the young woman.

Dear gods this is going to hurt

"Ah.. No, but I appreciate your concern madam. I'm.. I'm just a little weak after my journey. I'll be fair when I say you're one of the few kind faces I've seen around here, and I do honestly appreciate your offer to help, but," Cedric grimaced as a blossom of pain erupted behind his left eye, and he took a breath before returning to the charming smirk. "I'll be fine. I merely feel a tad claustrophobic and out of place in a land so... Vibrant."

There, that didn't sound too odd- or did it? By the blue bollocks of the Golden Sigh himself, Cedric could never tell when someone would condone or disapprove of his behavior in this land. It was always a surprise as how someone would respond to his feathers and other attire.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:32 pm

For a few moments, Lexia would regret the initial offer to help him. He stared at her, like she had grown another head or something. She had never met him before, and she slowly withdrew a hand which she was going to extend towards him. Maybe it was for the best if she left him alone.

However, those thoughts of doubt would vanish straight away as he readjusted the items which he carried, offering her an almost forced smile. Lexia didn’t know if it was forced or not, but she had guessed that it was. Lexia didn’t comment on the feathers which he had, figuring that it would be somewhat rude of her if she did. After all, no one questioned her pet as to why it had feathers across his neck and tail, so what kind of person would she be if she had the arrogance to question someone else?

You would be a beautiful crimson body on the floor~! Lexia shuddered inwardly, trying to box the voice.

Lexia smiled at his seemingly old and rather awkwardly placed words. She respected that he seemed to have a tendency to speak like this, it seemed natural to him, so what sort of person would she be if she decided to pick on him for it? Besides, it wasn't really a concern of hers.

"I can understand where you are coming from, however, are you sure that you are alright? You seem... incredibly on edge. Would you like some help carrying your things home while you catch yourself?" Lexia offered again, inwardly half hoping that her offer wouldn't be rejected. She splayed her hands, the slight bulge of the bracelet and ring a little more obvious than she liked. "I have no pressing matters to attend, and it would seem like you need a little bit of a hand. Just for the moment." Lexia explained, before almost facepalming. She was being a little out of character, most likely due to an internal agitation of people being around her. There were too many around. Too many which could be trying to hunt her down for the bounty on her head.

She shuddered.

But now that she thought about it, he seemed just as out of place as she did, especially with the feathers across his eyes.

"My name's Lexia by the way..." She added as an afterthought, a small and gentle smile on her face.

(Sorry if I got the feathers wrong!!)
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Smiling gently, Cedric declined his head slightly.

"I'm merely bad when speaking with someone of the opposite gender. I apologize for such, and hope that I haven't made you uncomfortable. However, I'd be delighted to be in the company of a lady as lovely as yourself."

I'm pushing it...

The pressure of the headache was beginning to grow, causing Cedric to grimace. He had to be careful with how he acted, the curse was stronger here than he could imagine. Though, that was odd as the magic here was so thin.. Nothing like home...

Holding out his packages, he shook off his bad feelings and pushed away his pain. He would get over this curse. Even if he was awkward when speaking with women before, he still never had a cold bed. Memories of better times always haunted him, and be damned if he couldn't return to times of coitus and long nights.

For now, though, he would accept the aid of this woman- despite the fact that she looked like she was catching a cold. It didn't escape the Paradigm that her eyes would dart sideways every now and then- mayhaps internal thoughts? Either way, he'd learn from this woman. He'd learn, and report to his Kings.

"Do you mind if we rest for a moment?"

Apologetically, he sat on a nearby bench- appreciating the proximity. It made it easier to disguise his headache, as he rubbed his temples. Pushing away his curse would be harder than he thought- even if he knew the ways around the damned thing.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Lexia's face softened as he made the compliment, biting her cheek a little. He had a way with words, however, they did seem a little forced. She didn't know how to respond for a few moments as he spoke, however, he seemed agitated. Was it agitation? Or was it something else? She was a little puzzled as he seemed to be pained, just by how he looked. For a few moments, Lexia considered trying to get Sly in to see if he could help this poor man in front of her.

She was partially thankful that he eventually, although partially reluctantly, half seemed to accept her offer to help. He requested to sit down, and Lexia inclined her head politely to indicate the seats which they were near. If he allowed her too, she would follow him to the bench and sit down on the opposing side.

From there, a small silence came between them as Cedric massaged his temples, trying to get the headache to leave him. Lexia frowned, she assumed it was a headache. Would pain killers help? With a small shrug, she dug into her pockets to retrieve a small silver strip, with four small tablets left in there. The other eight were gone, leaving a broken seal of foil behind them. From there, she would hold them in her gloved hand for a few moments. "Do you need some painkiller?" She asked gently, before showing him the strip of broken silver. "If you need them, you can have some. They are rather strong though, be careful of that." Lexia advised, with a small smile.

Why do you help people~ It's sooooo annoying! You shouldn't help them, instead, let ME have some fun with them! You know it'll be great! The voice cackled, causing Lex to slightly sigh. JUST SHUT UP! She scolded it.

Its laugh was the only thing she got in reply.
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:25 pm

A bitter smirk came to Cedric's face. She was truly trying to help him. It's not her fault the drugs wouldn't take hold. His metabolism would demolish them in a matter of seconds- they weren't formulated for his body.

"I'm regretful to inform you, but... Those won't affect me. My body processes all drugs and food to fast. It takes a tavern their strongest drink, and barrels of it to inebriate me. My Tribe's Healer had to use her entire store to.."

Realizing he was droning, Cedric gave a genuine smile. It'd been a while since he had spoken of older memories so freely, that it startled him that the pain wasn't changing. Growing or lessening, but it was a start. the thought was enough to brighten him a bit.

"Either way. I appreciate the thought, but I'd go through them too fast. I honestly just need rest."

The white lie pained the Knight, as Lexia was being kinder than he deserved. His Kings... His Kings would...
    Another Blossom of pain erupted behind his left eye, and he had to take a deep breath. Of course, Lexia wouldn't know that he couldn't tell her why. If she knew he was lying, she could find it suspicious and decide to enact upon it. That wouldn't do, as he couldn't jeopardize his Kings. His new family, that he couldn't truly..

"I'm sorry for burdening you, madame. I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me."
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:17 am

Lexia was, at first, incredibly interested as to the fact that he stated the drugs wouldn't work on him. A smile crossed her face as he stated that the strongest barrels of alcohol would barely be enough to make him be influenced by the alcohol. He had begun to go straight into explaining what had once gone on in his past, a story, and Lexia was instantly interested, a genuine smile on her face. However, when he cut himself off after realizing that he was somewhat droning, Lexia's face slightly dimmed with her smile. She would have loved to hear the rest of the story, however, she was much more impressed that he gave her a genuine and seemingly fond smile.

At the explanation that he simply needed rest, Lexia would slightly nod her head to acknowledge him. However, right after he had said those words, he took a deep breath. She frowned, was he lying to her? She shrugged it off, not blaming him if he did. After all, he only just met her. It wouldn't make sense to trust someone straight away.

Lexia slipped the medication back into her pocket. "Oh no! It's absolutely fine! If it doesn't help, it doesn't help. It's as simple as that." She said with a little bit of a shrug.

She gently gave him a smile after he had broken a silence which had fallen over them. "There's nothing to say sorry for, you haven't hindered or hurt me at all."

He mightn't be able to hurt you~ But I certainly could~ Without a doubt in my mind! However, that requires effort, and I'm still weak... so I'll let you off this time.

Lexia would slightly frown, before sighing. "I'm assuming that you don't hear the little crazy voice?" She asked him randomly, then realized that without an explanation she would seem insane. But how was she meant to explain it to him? If he found out just who exactly she was, there wasn't any way of her knowing just what he would do. He could turn her in for the bounty on her head. Or anything really. "Umm, are you feeling a little better?" She would ask nervously, biting her cheek.
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:11 am

Lexia was starting to sound like someone Cedric knew, and knew well at that. Worry creased the Paradigm's brow. Upon closer inspection, the flickering of the woman's eyes could be attributed to confirm what she was saying. Was she a dual entity? Were there two souls trapped in her body as well?

Or was she cursed, like he? Did she get a warning when she approached the boundary of the words that bound her? He could recall breaking the witch's curse by taking a version of it upon himself, but.. It'd been a while since he had encountered the Angel. In fact, he had burned away the bitch's wings for what she did. Flame for flame.

"No, but I'm sure that it's as real as you say it is. At home, it wasn't odd that a Soul could be bound to another, or a being be born with another soul. Hell, curses weren't that odd either."

A snarl caught over his face as he said the last sentence, a fresh blossom of pain punishing him for talking about what ailed him. Realizing that he had gripped the bench's arm rest too hard, he slowly removed his hand- wincing slightly at the contorted metal. He hoped that this city wasn't like Majesty in that they protected the artists work so fervently that they'd arrest him for an accident. In an attempt to fix his error, he began to rework the metal- straightening out the crumpled indention of his grip to mimic what it was supposed to resemble. Taking his mind away from Lexia helped ease the pain from his head.

"Yeah. A bit. I guess I just needed a moment, huh?"

Bitterly, he grimaced. How many women were here? Where he was from, there were so few that he encountered them only when he sought them out. By the gods, he acted like a soulless man back home. The thought was enough to make the Paradigm wince again So many women and men, treated like tools... No wonder this realm punished him so. The curse was fresh, adapting to this environment easily. Much easier than him. So much energy confused his own, and his 'aura' as the Healer called it must have been influenced by it. Cedric only then understood that she had given him her name, but he hadn't returned the favor.

"Oh, ah.. My name is Cedric Vael, Knighted under my king Allelujah. Don't let him fool you, he thinks that he has a light kingdom. He's got too many knights for that."

Eugh. Poorly executed.

Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Lexia would lean back against the bench that she sat on next to Cedric, her thoughts pondering the first few words which he had said. Thankfully, no one else would be able to hear the rambling in her head, the sadistic thoughts and feelings which it had towards almost every creature. I'm allowed to. They do look prettier with crimson instead of pale flesh. Lexia closed her eyes for a few moments, listening as she tried to block out the voice and concentrate on his words. His homeland apparently could have two souls living in the same body, and Lexia considered for a few moments that this is exactly what it was like for her, but it was more of a curse than a blessing. Curse? I am not a curse!

Lexia turned to Cedric as he said that, her eyes shooting open a small sound coming from him and the arm of the bench at the same time. She frowned, her mind bringing up the fact that whenever he seemed to talk to her, was he inflicted with a curse? His hand moved to reveal the slightly twisted steel, and her heart skipped a beat. He had done that without seemingly meaning to, indicating either incredible strength or mastery over metal. Or at least have some sort of power over metal.

Dissect the strange one! Lexia shuddered.

The mans half disinterested reply somewhat shot her through the heart. Even if he was feeling a bit better, he really didn't sound like he was, nor did he give any indication as to if he was or wasn't. Then he realised he hadn't given a name in return, and... wait. Did he just...? A smile and laugh caught in Lexia's throat-only to die out suddenly.

How can someone have such a pun - like nature and only just give one now! We need to kill all witnesses to this-oh wait. That's you. Hmm. I don't want you dead yet.

She politely inclined her head, "The pleasure is mine, Cedric." She responded, shaking her head as she raised her hands. Lexia pressed her forehead into their palms, bracing her elbows against her knees.

Lexia felt like she would do anything to be rid of the voice. However, it was clear to her that it wasn't leaving anytime soon.
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:44 pm

"I'd rather not dig up rocks, but if that's what gets you stiff I won't begrudge you."

Hoping the joke wouldn't go over his head, he offered her a real smile. Knowing that she was dealing with something rough like that kind of helped put it into perspective for the Paradigm, and he didn't mind it.

"Where I'm from, friends were kind of hard to come by. So many people argued and fought over what was what, and that made it difficult to talk to anyone outside of your kingdom. The wars and disputes between species and kingdoms was.. Difficult, to get over. Your commanding officer tells you to go there, you do so. You question him, you get hurt. Literally."

Raising his arms, he looked at his biceps-criss crossed with thin white lines. If he hadn't pointed it out, it'd merely look like that was his natural skin.

"My metabolism healed too quick for their... pleasure. My punishment was torture. Anyone who was supposed to be taught, practiced on me. Poison, mental, physical, all of it. But.. Allelujah..."

Inhaling deeply, Cedric viciously ignored his migraine. Be damned if he couldn't talk about his savior.

"He saved me. He burst in- alone might I add -and slaughtered thirty men. Thirty! In a mere few strokes, not even breaking a sweat.. His gaze was as icy as his heart, I remember giving myself up for dead- wanting it even. The Fallen's men were bleeding dry, so why shouldn't I? But instead he gave me the option of joining him. I won't go into excruciating detail, gods knows I'm already at my limits as is, but.. Don't you think that everyone has an option? You know, to progress with their lives, among friends. Who needs to walk alone? Who would want to, anyway? Some martyr justifying self-punishment? No, that'd be a masochist."

Scoffing, he ended his monologue, looking away to calm his already agitated heartbeat. Realizing that he was frustrated, he winced internally at the sight of busted glass- mainly from the lampposts near them.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:04 am

Lexia gave a slight smile, relaxing a little when she caught the glimpse of a genuine smile from Cedric. That smile would be better if it were on the ground. Beneath some concrete. Hmm. It'd be very pretty. White doesn't suit him. Red is better~! The voice sang all too happily, which made Lexia grimace slightly. However, when he began to talk, Lexia allowed the kind and gentle words soothe the uneasiness in her, trying to wash away the voice's imprint on her mind.

She listened eagerly, her mind storing the information as she listened. For a few moments, she was somewhat glad that she came from where she did. At least in these sorts of towns, unless you had money, no one would really listen to you. But where he came from, if a commanding officer had so much power... If one single disobeying of an order could get you hurt... Lexia shuddered. She wouldn't be able to last in a place like that. Not for long at least.

However, as Cedric began to speak, the lights around them flickered. At his words, they would either dim or brighten to somewhat match the intensity of his words. Lexia frowned a little, her gaze turning skyward. In time to witness one of the lights near them burst, the glass showering down onto the cement below. A few more popping sounds were heard, all from lights around them as the glass shattered. She assumed that Cedric had caused the glass to explode, so she tried to keep his attention on him. Lexia would suggest leaving soon, to avoid having to pay the bill for the broken lamps.

His final words cut Lexia like a whip, and she visibly flinched as if she had been struck. And it was a hard strike. "Sometimes, a self exile is the best thing you can do. Especially when your father is murdered in a house fire along with your pets. And your mother vanishes into the night, never to be seen again. However, to make matters even more interesting, the reason for the exile is simple. The guards which were stationed to protect you hid the truth from you. Hell, they protected the people who gave them money to kill my parents.

Sometimes people don't have friends which they can rely on. Sometimes people don't have anyone, not even friends. And sometimes, they simply can't make them due to being downright ugly."
    Lexia sighed, casting her gaze to her hands. "It might seem ridiculous to you, but when you are alone, nothing seems to matter. Things are shoved to the side out in the wilderness, but... If I had never gone into an exile in the first place, I wouldn't have met anyone really. Not even Sly... He probably would have died." Lexia said quietly, not knowing if she was making any sense at all. Her fingers brushed along the surface of the stones hidden by her glove.

"But since returning from my exile, Sly has been there to help me. However, this voice... Tends to make me reconsider what we did, as l simply am finding myself driven insane by its comments. It ENJOYS being sadistic." Lexia rambled, her finger unintentionally beginning to pry off one of the blood stones from her bracelet. She caught herself in time, before she removed it completely, and withdrew her hand shakily.

Dammit, I thought that I had you that time~ Oh well, there's always another day that I can get you while you aren't paying attention...
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:25 am

"But that's my exact point! You went in to exile- everyone does at some point in their life, but you came OUT. You left your banishment for this Sly person, progressing into friends- maybe even more! I didn't mean to dig up buried memories, and am truly sorry for your past. Something so tragic shouldn't happen to a lovely flame as yourself, and it must be especially hard with your condition."

Cedric had to put his head in his hands, breathing deeply. His vision was blurring, meaning he was past the point where he felt pain and was on the bridge of unconsciousness. He had to be more careful, especially if she was hearing another soul. It hadn't escaped him that she had been fiddling with the lumps under her gloves- but what interested him was the fact that she jerked her hand away when she realized it. Did that mean she didn't have full control? If so, what was the extent of her control?

"It's not hard to imagine the loss of time in seclusion. Only your health matters, your well-being the most important thing for your focus to be on. Interactions begone from your mind, everything warping into a blurry transcendence. It's easier to be an animal than a human. You don't have to worry about anything."

Another handful of seconds to calm himself, keep from vomiting or passing out.

"But you have friends now. Would you truly break ties with them, possibly hurting them in the process, to force yourself into exile? No being I've ever known has been able to truly be on their own. My King's leader even went into solitude, reading tomes upon tomes for who knows how long in truth. But, even he came out of self-imposed exile. Tell me, Lexia.."

Gritting his teeth, he batted away his pain.

"What is your decision?"

Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Lexia was taken aback by the sudden energy that seemed to flow from him, the tone of his voice startling her. She looked to him with wide eyes, startled. For a few moments, she took note of the gorgeous feathers of jet black which draped across his eye. She silently listened, the male apologising for bringing up memories. However, she gave a half shrug to that. It didn't matter. The past was the past. What was the point of dwelling on it, there's nothing that you are able to change about it. She learnt to just try and move on. She nodded an agreement with him. Lexia did prove a point to him.

However, he placed his head into his hands, Lexia noting that the streets slowly were clearing of people around them due to the exploded glass scattered across the walkways. That would have been much prettier if they weren't glass and were dashed with a few other things~ Maybe you should try it! You'd learn something from your own stupid mistakes. Like stealing me from my place to rest while I was healing! You self-centred lunatic. The voice snarled, roaring suddenly.

Lexia forced herself to her feet, her heart fluttering at its accusation. It hadn't been her fault, but without it's power, she would be laying dead on the ground in some ruins. You deserve it!

Lexia barely noticed that he was still talking, and her constantly shifting eyes tried to remain focused on him. Biting her lip, she looked to him, her eyes glazed as she tried to fight the instinct to shout out at something for no reason. She slowly exhaled listening to him with a neutral expression to her face.

"Well, I'll admit, you are right. Being alone sucks." She gave a small laugh, "However, I won't need to worry about that anymore."

Well, you do if I decided that everyone else is too. . . boring... then you just have me! It hissed quietly, and Lexia shivered. However, she also noticed glanced being thrown in their direction, and she frowned. "Are you up to walking, we probably should move from here. It's going to ask questions." Lexia said quietly, her eyes watching the people around them as she was standing.
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:24 am

Cedric could hear Lexia's heart hammer, and didn't miss her eyes darting around. Whatever was tormenting her was doing it effectively- and maybe he was helping it... He was startled when she leaped to her feet, seeming to want to escape where they currently rested.

"Well, I'll admit, you are right. Being alone sucks. However, I won't need to worry about that anymore."

A frown deepened on the Paradigm's face when she shivered, eyes darting around until they locked onto something. Her mannerisms reminded him of when he was first cursed, struggling to balance everything out while still living a semi-normal life. Was she struggling with balancing out that entity she was tied with? Or was she slowly succumbing to its pull?

"Are you up to walking? We probably should move from here. It's going to cause questions."

Her tone dropped. She stood, tense in a place full of strangers- not unlike him when he first stood outside on the sidewalk. Grabbing the order for the others, Cedric situated them on his hips, before nodding to Lexia. The change, pace of conversation, everything since he first sat down with her lead to him believing that interaction was the cause of her pain- almost like him and his curse. His headache was almost gone now, from the handful of minutes in shocked silence that he received from the woman.

Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Lexia would give a small smile to him as he nodded. In a rather swift manner, Cedric would scoop up the parcels again into his hands. For a few moments, Lexia would wonder what they really were for. Or who, as he didn’t seem too pressed as to go somewhere any faster. She would pause, keeping an eye on him as she would casually stretch, her shoulders cracking as she did so. Lexia would use that chance to glance around them, trying to gauge peoples level of curiosity.

Damn.

People were on their phones, some lowering them.

Wait. Did they recognise her?

Lexia’s heart skipped a beat as her memories tore through to the ruins once more, and she would look up to Cedric. When he was ready, she would begin to lead him away from the stares and glances of the surrounding people. Hopefully they were more freaked out by him than her and overlooked a few specific features about her. “I hate to be a kill joy, but, if you wouldn’t mind telling me, where are you taking them?” Lexia asked, trying to change the topic as she inclined her head to the bags.

“It might be easier if I knew where you were going, that way, I should be able to lead you through a few places to get back quicker.” She offered, giving a little bit of a hand gesture of uncertainty. Her face, however, was a mask, deliberately falling unreadable. Lexia was trying to bury emotions of distress as sadistic thoughts and speeches would enter her mind...
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:09 pm

"It's take out. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to take it, as my King said that he would find me when the time was right. If you need to leave, you should part. I'm not opposed to you escaping from the eye of the public, as they seem overtly fascinated with you. I'd assume you were famous, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or something that you should feel concern over."

Ducking under someone's swinging piece of lumber, Cedric jogged to keep up with the woman's pace- determined to match her until she made a decision as to whether or not his company was no longer appreciated, nor required.

"Besides, I've got all the time in the world. Do you?"

Another pressing migraine against the Paradigm's skull sent him into silence, just as he noticed that everyone was fascinated with the both of them- taking pictures with strange devices and talking to each other in hushed tones, some looking scared and others looking like they were going to fall over from laughter. So many voices at one time didn't help Cedric's migraine, which made him just as eager to leave the scene as Lexia was.

Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Lexia nodded curtly, her hand brushing against the stones under her black glove. She was tempted to use it, to call upon the power and get them out of there. To destroy the witnesses. Kill them. END THEIR UNFORTUNATE LIVES! ITS NOT LIKE THEY ARE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE SACRIFICED FOR THEM! Insanity screamed in her mind, and Lexia bit her tongue, her eyes narrowing as she half glared at the pavement in front of her.

RIP THEIR DEVICES APART, DESTROY WHAT THEY HAVE! YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN! SO JUST DO IT LEXIA! The voice continued, and Lexia felt her fingers slide under the glove. It was true, she could stop them from knowing, she could get herself and Cedric out of there in an instant. They were just humans, maybe some hybrids, but what would it matter? They couldn't stop what she could do to them...

But isn't Sly a human?

She flicked her fingers in reverse, pulling the glove back up and made it as if she were simply adjusting it. If Cedric were to pay attention, he would see that she had bitten her lip rather firmly, trying to hold back the voice's intentions. How could she forget that he was a human!

Lexia nodded to Cedric, "In a way, yes I do. Come on, I know somewhere to go." She said easily, before ignoring the pictures being taken. She wished they would be a little more subtle, before she began to walk away from them. If Cedric followed her, she would take a passage to an underground subway station. Thankfully, there wasn't too many people down there at the time of day. "Hopefully you don't get lost down here-and sorry about before, I needed to get away from so many people."
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Shrugging, the Paradigm agreed.

"No worries. It was bad for the both of us. I could understand them taking a picture of me, I do look fairly.. Odd.. for this time.."

A grimace came onto his face as he hit his limit. Cedric bent over, moving to one of the less crowded corners. He felt it deep in his bones, and had to lean against the wall to catch his breath. The curse was beginning to tickle his mind, and he had to be silent. If he kept speaking, he would pass out in the middle of this.. tunnel... And then he wouldn't be able to give the group the goods that he spent his money on.

It was damned annoying.

Offering an apologetic look to Lexia, Cedric attempted to wave her on- she was obviously uncomfortable. If she kept biting her lip, she'd slice through it- and blood wasn't something that would be tolerated by the knight.

Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:40 am

Lexia had continued for a few more steps before realising that her temporary companion had, rather randomly and suddenly, vanished. With a small frown upon her face, she would turn around and begin to search for him. However,the search didn't last long as she saw him. Her heart rose in her chest when she saw him leaning against the building, bending over as something seemed incredibly wrong.

It almost seemed as if he had something bad to eat, but Lexia didn't think he had had a single bite of his take away.

She took a few step back to him, her hand instinctively raising to gently rub the strange man's back. Lexia wasn't sure if the gesture would negatively influence him, but she would do the same for any of the people who were willing to talk to her for more than a few minutes. "Have something bad to eat?" Lexia asked, praying that that was what was hurting the person in front of her. If he would push her away, she would take the gesture willingly and move away her hand. However, she was more concerned with his current health more that than anything else happening around her, ignoring if people would stop and look. Or stare. That was the worst case scenario.

Just imagine! What if he throws up something more than... his foooooood... The voice sang, giggling and cackling manically.
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:11 am

"Have you had something bad to eat?"

All Cedric could do was shake his head. His ability to speak to her had been compromised, and he wasn't sure what would happened if he dare opened his mouth to respond to her curiosity. A silent snarl went over his face as he realized this would more than likely scare her away, if the crowd caught sight of his condition.

Underneath the talisman that covered his left eye, he could feel the gaze of the ugly curse almost laugh- mocking him for his fallacy. Of course, the bitch was long dead by now, he couldn't necessarily say it was her herself... But damn did the condescension feel as such. It wasn't until he looked at his hands did he see how pale he was- and that the light from Odin's Eye was too bright for the Talisman to contain.

Cursing he clamped a hand over it- ignoring the tingling he got from the energy of the curse. Knowing he could barely walk in this condition, Cedric looked around for a place of refuge. The area was so crowded, he felt claustrophobic, and the curse amplified the feeling. He couldn't speak to Lexia to let her know what was going on, so instead he went to grab her hand- to lead her into a darker more private place within the tunneled network.

Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:36 pm

All he could do was shake his head, seemingly muted from whatever was wrong with him. For now, she would have to make the assumption that he had food poisoning, as that was the only thing that seemed to cause these conditions which he experienced. Not that she would know, but her assumption was incorrect, false. It was so far from the truth, but she wasn't able to know. How could she?

Lexia's breath caught in her throat as he seemed as white as a sheet, but she remained silent, her hand gently rubbing his back. She felt a little useless, only able to offer her presence as a substitute to help. If she could get a hold of Sly... Surely he would be able to help? Right? Whatever was wrong with Cedric, she was almost sure that she could find someone to help. Perhaps Yuuki might know of someone, or Arik could hack the systems...

She didn't know and her mind raced a million miles an hour.

The last thing she was expecting was for Cedric to grab her hand and begin to lead her away. "Ced, what's going on?" She half demanded when they were in a more isolated place, her fingers at the edge of her blood stones.

One more false move and she would use them.

Goooooood.... Embrace them! Abuse their powers! You know that you need to, so why hide it! Just do it! Go! Slash him in half!
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:46 pm

"I apologize. I'm.. Not healthy, around women."

It took all of the man's strength to push these words out of his mouth, before he could feel the curse latch itself onto his mind. Agony coursed through his veins like molten metal, causing the Paradigm to collapse in a heap on the ground. Vertigo, nausea, then finally blackness. The swaying colors were sucked dry from Cedric's vision, until he passed out.

For when you bond with someone who could bear your child, your pain shall triple. No family shall share your name by blood, and no blood shall match yours until the day you die.

Allelujah
    Allelujah

Male Posts : 9

Post by Allelujah Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:05 pm

In the small area the company of three stood, it seemed as if the world had frozen over. Allelujah's presence had been made known by the gentle icy wind that caressed the floor around them, his glare sharpening, and with it, the freezing gust as it kicked up and blasted through the area, past the woman and Cedric, subtle yet carrying a chilling presence, much akin to Allelujah himself

He had read the situation as best he could, multiple times over in the moments he had taken to observe, notably a woman. A droll sigh escaped his mouth, relinquishing any thought of needed combat, now that he had been given a basic understanding.

Allelujah had only given glances upon Cedric, his focus sharply honed on the woman near him. For every step he took, thinly formed ice marked around his steps for the few seconds they maintained themselves, an unintended side effect upon use of his magic. With ethereal movements, Allelujah stepped past the woman, a freezing sensation following behind, stopping above the collapsed man. His face read exhaustion upon looking down at Cedric, and a piercing look to the woman as he knelt down to his comrade's level.

"I suggest you rid yourself of what you've come to know this evening."

His tone was calm, yet serrated. His glare was lethal in itself, but not malicious. No, a warning for any future action from her, blatantly looking over her stance to show acknowledgment.
    Combat was the last thing Allelujah sought for, especially here, yet the outcome of a peaceful separation between themselves and the woman was something he could only hope happened in the current moment.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet

Post by Lexia Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:56 pm

The abrupt chill to the air made Lexia on edge. Out of pure instinct, she lowered herself to the ground, slender fingers prying apart the gem out of the resting place on her bracelet. Already on tenterhooks, this mere chill was enough to make her show how on guard she was.

A figure, one cloaked in a large cloak, edged with a feathery like trim, seemed to suddenly appear near them. His eyes swept the room, taking in details for a purpose unknown to her. Seeing the unconscious man before her, he shot her a glare which seemed as icy as the room. The man took a few steps forward before sweeping down in a graceful elegance to kneel next to him. His gaze, no, glare would rise, locking with Lexia. The sheer volume of emotion and order which rested there was enough to cause her to take a step back. Her heart rose in the back of her throat, her hand clenching as she almost broke the crystal there and then.

"I suggest you rid yourself of what you've come to know this evening."

The tone told her all she needed to know, for her to merely turn and leave. Her eyes flashed to the unconscious feather monster at the ground. If memory served correctly, he had stated that he wasn't well around females. Cedric had never intended for any harm to come to her. Guilt would cross her eyes for a few moments as she realised she was, in all honesty, a hair away from constructing her spears. However... He wasn't going to hurt her, nor harm her.

There would be hell to pay if she let any come to him.

"I suggest you back off from him." Lexia stated, her fingers ready to break the stones at a moments notice. She matched the cold mans stare, her eyes narrowing slightly as she refused to budge. Even though she tried this, no matter how hard she tried, Lexia always felt herself wanting-no, needing, to break eye contact. There was something about this man that made her nervous.

Don't worry, you know what we get to do if he tries anything~! Oh how fun that will be! her voice spoke to her, its tone completely against the cold and icy nature of the room which was set by him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 am