The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Unofficial system poll ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Unofficial system poll OoC81
ROA

+3
Griffin
Irkosu
Minea
7 posters

Unofficial system poll

Poll

Should we get rid of the new system?

[ 11 ]
    Unofficial system poll I_vote_lcap92%Unofficial system poll I_vote_rcap [92%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Unofficial system poll I_vote_lcap0%Unofficial system poll I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Unofficial system poll I_vote_lcap8%Unofficial system poll I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Unofficial system poll I_vote_lcap0%Unofficial system poll I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Minea
    Minea

Female Posts : 551

Character sheet
    Character Name: Minea
    Species: Human
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Unofficial system poll Empty Unofficial system poll

Post by Minea Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:52 am

The revamp was completed 64 days ago (as of the making of this topic) and not much seems to have been done, which is starting to damage the site. So, the question is: should we get rid of it? If you want to go into more detail about your opinion then please feel free to do so by posting in this topic.
    Irkosu
    Irkosu
    The Ivory Queen

Female Posts : 40

Unofficial system poll Empty Re: Unofficial system poll

Post by Irkosu Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:57 am

I know the admins worked hard on this, but it honestly seems super complicated and restricting to me. If we begin to experience problems with OP characters again, then the systems can come back into discussion. But for right now, something needs to be done before the site dies. I know many people are also busy. But please, staff, read this topic, and consider the stuff in it.
    Griffin
    Griffin

Male Posts : 271

Character sheet
    Character Name: Griffin
    Species: Synthetic
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by Griffin Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:06 pm

I might consider coming back if this was the case..
    Bermuda

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Liana Daemon
    Species: Demon/Angel Hybrid
    Alignment : Lawful Evil

Post by Bermuda Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:34 pm

Yes. o0o
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Female Posts : 359

Character sheet
    Character Name: F.U.R.
    Species: Animal of a sort

Post by F.U.R. Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:29 pm

I know that people worked really hard on this and all, but ideas don't always work. The system is preventing people from roleplaying as their character, and it seems to be killing the site entirely. Not only that, but it seems like the admins completely gave up and just left this site for dead. So all I can assume is either they've forgotten or they just don't care.
    Miri
    Miri

Female Posts : 148

Character sheet
    Character Name: Nova Setsuna
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Miri Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:02 pm

If people are willing, I could create a new site to roleplay on. And for people who want to keep the roleplays they are playing/have played canon, they can call it part of their backstory, or even transfer the roleplay from here to there.

The admins have forgotten about this site. When I started talking about my character of this site's group chat, everyone on there thought I was talking about DRF. On the TB skype chat. It seems as if they don't care anymore.

That may seem harsh, but no admin has stated any of their ideas for the system, and only two of four(?) are actually 'working' on it.

This system has killed the site, and I want it back.
    Bermuda

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Liana Daemon
    Species: Demon/Angel Hybrid
    Alignment : Lawful Evil

Post by Bermuda Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:59 am

As I see it, I believe most of the admin or staff have given up on this site. Sure, Aero and Yuuki come on the chat sometimes, but I feel like they may either be A) Too busy to remake the site again or B) don't care much anymore. I understand how hard it can be to remake a site when you're in high school (I dunno if Aero's in high school or not...) but I believe we do need to redo everything. The system seemed to have strangled the site's growth. I mean, have you seen the topics list? It's pointlessness. A few topics here and there, and just randomness.

I think something needs to be done. If it means moving to a new site, then so be it. However, I think we should move to a new site that is already finished, and not in need of building. As building a site can take quite a long time. So we need a site that was perhaps made by one of us, and has a clean, finished set up.

So yeah. If something doesn't happen soon, we may have no choice but to leave this site before everyone simultaneously disappears. After all, if everyone disappears, we'll have no way of contacting them to get them moved to a new site.

There used to be so many people on this site, all people from DRF who thought the rules were unjust, and we even started to build our own community! Now, we have lost so many of those old peeps, who have either gone back to DRF despite our rebellion (Myself, unfortunately included), or have just drifted off, never to be contacted again.

I believe we need change. And fast. Otherwise we may lose more people that we'd have no hope of ever seeing again. ;-;
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:28 am

Actually, Nebula, I can create a site. And probably pretty quickly too. I'm sure I could make it look pretty decent..
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Male Posts : 342

Character sheet
    Character Name: Sly
    Alignment : True Neutral

Post by sLy Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:36 am

I have got in touch with Aero, and it seems that we are definitely going to make some changes to TB. One of her ideas is that we are probably going to move back to the freeform site it used to be and just scrap all the tiers. Apps will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, so we do not suffer from the same OPness as when TB first started out. In general, yes, we will be bringing the old TB back, but some regulations will remain (but just hidden from the public).
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:49 am

Oh. Well then.. I suppose we have our answer.. Unless you guys fuck it up again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:13 pm