The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? OoC81
ROA

5 posters

Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC?

Poll

Should the tournament be canon or uncanon?

[ 5 ]
    Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? I_vote_lcap36%Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? I_vote_rcap [36%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? I_vote_lcap36%Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? I_vote_rcap [36%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? I_vote_lcap28%Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? I_vote_rcap [28%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Poll closed
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Female Posts : 118

Character sheet
    Character Name: Nightingale
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? Empty Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC?

Post by Nightingale Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Just vote... The question is pretty obvious. I figured a vote was the only way to determine this. I only have two rules: Don't rage if the outcome isn't what you wanted. Secondly, please don't use alternative accounts to vote. Only use one account.

Thank you for reading.
    Minea
    Minea

Female Posts : 551

Character sheet
    Character Name: Minea
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? Empty Re: Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC?

Post by Minea Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:34 am

I think it should be IC but not cannon. So if any character dies or anything they don't have to worry, and then we don't have to worry about the whole, "but this character wouldn't fight that character thing." You guys get what I'm saying?
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Female Posts : 409

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC? Empty Re: Poll: Should the Tournament be IC or OOC?

Post by Aero Dynamic Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:02 am

How can it be IC but not cannon?
    Minea
    Minea

Character sheet

Post by Minea Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:41 am

Let's take Super Smash Brothers for example. In that game they take all of these characters, shove them in the same universe, and have them fight. However as far as story goes they don't actually get shoved in a different universe and fight these people. While the game is still very real, it does not exist in the actual timeline. Does that help?
    Akreious
    Akreious

Male Posts : 229

Character sheet
    Character Name: Ariko Uszuniragi
    Species: Saiyan
    Alignment : Chaotic Good

Post by Akreious Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:21 pm

So alternate timeline?
    Edit: why does the side pool say if it should be canon or not? OF COURSE IT SHOULDNT BE CANON D:
    Minea
    Minea

Character sheet

Post by Minea Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:31 am

Yeah. Something along those lines.
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Female Posts : 118

Character sheet
    Character Name: Nightingale
    Alignment : True Neutral

Post by Nightingale Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:02 pm

I think this was misunderstood. You can't die in this tournament. I was thinking that magical aura in the arena could prevent the opponents from being killed. This is a game, not a life-or-death situation... But it looks like the poll is a tie between IC and OOC.  I think since a lot of staff are thinking it, it'll be OOC. Is that okay?
    Minea
    Minea

Character sheet

Post by Minea Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:52 am

How would it work if it was OOC? Would we make it like a random roleplay and makes new chars just for this? Would we literally be as ourselves? Also, we should probably see why people voted for IC?OOC and clear up any misconceptions people have/ answer peoples questions. Then we make the final decision.
    Nexus
    Nexus

Male Posts : 49

Character sheet
    Character Name: Nexus
    Species: Reaper
    Alignment : Lawful Evil

Post by Nexus Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:52 pm

Minea brings out several valuable points.

Originally, I directed my vote towards the third option (OOC then IC) in the poll, but now, seeing as several key ideas have been cleared up, my vote would have went towards the first option (IC). My reasoning is that, since death isn't an issue, having this tournament as IC can help a large amount of people's characters in terms of meeting other characters; what may begin as a confrontation within the arena may, soon enough, lead up to a meaningful relationship afterwards if any of the matched characters comes across one another in the standard world of The Beyond. After all, past experiences usually evolve into a common bond that many can share.

All in all, I believe that the poll should be recast with only an IC option and an OOC option as the votes may now be different as the presented information could have affected opinions towards the tournament conditions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:06 pm