The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Twilight ((Open to All)) ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Twilight ((Open to All)) OoC81
ROA

5 posters

Twilight ((Open to All))

Nightingale
    Nightingale

Female Posts : 118

Character sheet
    Character Name: Nightingale
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

Twilight ((Open to All)) Empty Twilight ((Open to All))

Post by Nightingale Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:46 am

((My first rp on this site. Yay!))

The moon hung above the trees of an emerald green forest. Night birds sang their song, and the predators prowled about, searching for prey. Nightingale was among these creatures, but she wasn't one of them. The peaceful goddess was perched on the tip of the highest tree in the woods, watching the moon make its journey across the sky. She was in her default form at the moment. Her long purple hair drifted behind her in the breeze, and her docile dark blue eyes never blinked as she watched the night flow by.

Nightingale, gazing up at the stars, lifted her hand, and a cyan stream of aura flitted from her palms, soaring to the skies. The thread of light splashed unto the heavens, and it melted in a second. Then, the stars burst alive, moving around in the sky like ants. As Nightingale made a circular motion with her index finger, a series of stars came together, swirling around in the heavens like a twister. She made them different colors. Pink, blue, purple, red, yellow, orange... Every color of the rainbow, and even colors that hadn't been known to exist yet.

Nightingale blinked slowly, and continued to make the stars dance around, not really thinking if anyone was near... Or if they'd see her.
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Male Posts : 342

Character sheet
    Character Name: Sly

Twilight ((Open to All)) Empty Re: Twilight ((Open to All))

Post by sLy Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:19 am

A peaceful and starry night upon the forest. The trees that were green when the sun was awake had turned silver, illuminating a path ahead. As creatures of the night emerged and filled the forest with life, there was one human who was out of place, wandering from tree to tree. Sly, still in his casual white shirt and brown sleeveless vest, came upon the forest in search for peace from his hectic work.

He actually never came to this part of the forest before, being here to confirm rumours of silver trees. Now that he knew they were true, he was starting to doubt he would be able to tell the tale. He was lost. Sure, his pocket watch not only told time, but also give him a definite location, terms of longitude and latitude. Then again, a part of his pocket watch relied on the constellations.

Something didn't seem right. Sly frowned in the air when he saw stars of an array of colours appearing from out of thin air. They spun in circles, orientating themselves in some random constellation that Sly never seen or read of before. They were certainly moving a lot faster than the normal stars. Were they comets?

Sly froze when he saw purple threads hanging from a tree. No, they were coming from a person. A human it seemed. She was twirling her finger around, in the same motion as the stars. Could it be her? After a closer inspection, Sly knew who he was looking at.

Nightingale. A member of Dragon Storm like himself. But what was she doing here? Sly wanted to greet her, trying to figure something out without spooking her from her...activity. He pretty much had to speak aloud to get her attention, especially since she was so high above him.

Beautiful view, isn't it?
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Nightingale jumped when she heard an unexpected voice below. Her heart leapt for her throat, but Night forced it down as she realized that she recognized it. She relaxed her hand, making the stars fade back to their original colors and return to their places. Nightingale's heartbeat calmed down, and she stood up. Her dark blue eyes scanned the woodland. A soft breeze began to exhale a breath upon the forest, and the trees began to sway, as if dancing.

Finally, Nightingale saw who spoke to her.

Yeah. The goddess smiled shyly, and began to make her way to him. She used a bit of her magic abilities to float, but tried not to make it obvious; she didn't want to showoff. Besides, she hadn't spoken to Sly much, but he seemed kinda nice. All she knew about him was that he was an apothecary, really. This could be the chance to open up, and perhaps make a new friend within Team Dragonstorm.  Hello, Sly. Nice to see you.
    Firalyn
    Firalyn

Female Posts : 37

Character sheet
    Character Name: Firalyn Celestia

Post by Firalyn Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:00 pm

(Someone said my name? Sorry had to do that when I saw the title...)
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Character sheet

Post by sLy Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:36 pm

The stars faded back to their positions once he took her attention.

Sly watched as she descended from the trees, down to his level. He met all the members of Dragonstorm upon his introduction and theirs, but there were only a few which he barely saw around Yuuki. Nightingale, or Vixen as she wanted everyone to call her, was one of those mysterious characters. In fact, he rarely saw her with anyone else in Dragonstorm.

Sly put one hand behind his back, the other cupping below his stomach, and he made a former bow, appropriate for a butler. It's good to see you again, goddess.

The wind seemingly picked up after he finished that line. The silver leaves started to lose their grips and dance around the forest. It was a rather breathtaking sight, perhaps outmatched only by the same glittering stars swirling in the night.

The stars, you seem to enjoy moving them around, Sly said, looking up at the moon. His heart froze a little, but the familiar feeling of peace was coming back to him. His time in Dragonstorm meant having to meet the members and witness their strengths. The moon, which should have been a symbol of peace and beauty, became a catalyst for one of the members to turn into a monster. Sly smiled. Perhaps coming out here, away from the lot, was a good thing. Do the stars carry something you value the most?
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Nightingale smiled at Sly as he bowed. So far he seemed nice. However, she had this weird feeling when he bowed. Weren't Team Dragonstorm members equals? It confused her a bit, though she appreciated the respected recognition.

In response, Nightingale returned the bow. She carefully copied Sly's way of doing it, but with both hands linked behind her back. She glanced up, smiling, then stood upright again. She meant it as a sign that she respected him the same way he respected her, though they haven't known eachother long.

At Sly's question, Nightingale nodded. "The stars always seemed to be with me since I was younger. Like, watching me..." After hearing her own words, she shrugged, thinking that her explanation sounded sort of ridiculous. It was true though.

"What about you?" Night asked. "Do you think of anything that holds something special to you?"
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Character sheet

Post by sLy Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:55 am

Sly found it a little strange that Nightingale bowed back. She was the first to respond with the same greeting. Naturally, Sly being the butler on two occasions, Dragonstorm being the latest, he had grown accustomed to bowing whenever he met his comrades or greeting guests. They almost never return the bow.

He looked up to the stars after hearing her response, smiling. So she felt the stars were watching over her. Perhaps there was some connection between her and the stars since she was young, and that granted her that power to manipulate them. Or so he thought. Sly kind of felt sorry for intruding, and therefore breaking the illusion.

I see, Sly said. Me? Well it's like they carry specific...memories. Whenever I look up in the night, I relive those past moments that changed me to what I am now. And also remember the promise I gave to a boy that I will see him again.

Absently he drew out his pocketwatch to look at the blue eye in the centre. He snapped out of the daze when it shifted around, then stared at Nightingale. Sly hid the eye at an angle--to his chest. Then he looked up.

I'm sorry, I didn't-- he stopped. Then cleared his throat, hoping he could sweep those few seconds away like the wind. Do you come here often? I don't see you as often with the rest of Dragonstorm.
    Akreious
    Akreious

Male Posts : 229

Character sheet
    Character Name: Ariko Uszuniragi
    Species: Saiyan
    Alignment : Chaotic Good

Post by Akreious Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:04 am

Ariko was in a tree watching Nightingale-Chan for awhile and chuckled when sLy came. It was heart-warming, something Ariko don't get much of. He's only feeling this because he's sleepy. He moved around on the branch, making a few crunching sounds before being comfortable again. "Yeah Night-Chan, Why don't you come home?" He asked in a tired and cat-like voice that is very high pitched, yawning and then smiles at the two.

(Short post is short, I don't want Ariko to bomb too much Razz )
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:18 pm

((Sorry, couldn't be online almost all week. I'm back though :D))

Nightingale's grin never fell as Sly gave his reasoning of admiration for the stars. That's great! So she  wasn't insane or crazy after all. She knew exactly what Sly meant. She was familiar with the heavens, since she was raised around the area, and always had a feeling that were gazing upon her. It was as if the stars themselves was her Fairy Godmother.

Nightingale was admittedly confused as her teammate briefly apologized for something she knew not of, but he broke it off. She was distracted at his next question, rather, before she could say something like,  'no, it's okay'. At this, Nightingale grew slightly pale. She twirled a strand of hair over her shoulders with her index finger and bit her lip, wondering how to answer Sly.

"Kind of," she said slowly, slightly stretching out the first word. "I come to other-" Nightingale was cut off as she heard crunching sounds. She tensed, her gemstones on her palms beginning to glow, but they faded as her mind screamed at her, "STOP FREAKING OUT GOSH".

"Uh, hello, Ariko." Nightingale looked at her feet. To be honest, the Super Saiyan kind of scared her... "I- uh, I would c- come, er... Home. That is, if you guys would. Uh. Want me, erm, to..."
    Griffin
    Griffin

Male Posts : 271

Character sheet
    Character Name: Griffin
    Species: Synthetic
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by Griffin Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:18 pm

(Arikoooo.. You ruined the moment ;-;
    Time to fix this mess!  Twilight ((Open to All)) 1662469890 )
    One had been following Ariko. He had noticed him leaving and decided to follow him. After all, who knows what might happen? He didn't doubt Ariko, of course, but this was The Beyond. Nothing was impossible.. and he was just curious.

One caught up and jumped onto the branch beside Ariko, just barely shaking the branch as if he was weightless. He looked down at Sly and Nightingale. It looked like one of those scenes in the movies. "Dammit Ariko, you ruined the moment."
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Character sheet

Post by sLy Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:53 pm

((Its gone. ITS GONE!!))

Sly was really looking forward to knowing Vixen a bit more. Being a butler and all, he needed to know more about those he was serving. Then again, it wasnt just because of his duties. He was looking for someone he could really relate to. Vixen could be one of those. Maybe she was like him in a manner that they both enjoyed the calm and serenity of nature.

He wanted to talk with her more, and waited to hear her response, when another voice broke out from the trees. It didnt occur to him that it would be Ariko with that high voice he used, but a bit of dread struck him as he met his gaze. Suddenly he was reminded of the devastation the moon would bring. Suddenly beauty became fear. Who knows? He could turn into that monster at any moment. Either way, it seemed the conversation had snapped into a path that Sly didnt want to take.

Vixen took her attention to Ariko and, nervously, said she would come back to HQ. She didnt have to. Then, as if the embarrassment of Ariko intruding wasnt enough, One came along and snapped at him for 'ruining the moment'. Sly flushed a little. He really didnt mean 'that' kind of moment, and he feared what Vixen would think of him--or might do for that matter.

Sly had to end their private discussion here. The magic of the moment was lost. He just wanted to talk without any third party intruding in. At least he got to know Vixen a bit more.

Ariko, One. Sly made another small bow to greet them. I should be heading back there soon. What brings you two here?

Sly then turned to Vixen. Our talk may be cut short. But its nice to properly meet you.
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Nightingale nodded slowly. She was scared out of her mind when One appeared. 'The moment'?! What the what?! Surely they didn't mean...?

No. Definitely not.

Night flashed a terrified look at One, shivering at the sight of him... He was so scary. Then she quietly said, "Goodbye, Sly." She parted from them, making her way down to the forest floor (they're in the trees, yeah?).

[[Exit. ONE YOU RUINED THE MOMENT XD]]
    Griffin
    Griffin

Male Posts : 271

Character sheet
    Character Name: Griffin
    Species: Synthetic
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by Griffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:05 pm

One noticed Night's terrified look and he tilted his head to the side. When she began to make her leave he suddenly let out a loud, distressed beep and reached out. "No, wait! I was just out looking for Ariko and making sure he wasn't going to get himself in trouble. We weren't trying to bother you. Here, we'll leave and you guys can.. do whatever you humans do... Right Ariko?" He grabbed Ariko's arm firmly, but not aggressively and turned to leave. "C'mon. Yuuki just restocked the food supply. Let's go home and then you can eat." He looked at Sly and gave him a thumbs up, ticking cheerfully.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:58 pm