The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

A Royal Ball (Open) ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
A Royal Ball (Open) OoC81
ROA

+6
Alyssa
Supēsugojira
Nexus
Killian
Griffin
Keskorie
10 posters

A Royal Ball (Open)

Keskorie
    Keskorie

Female Posts : 78

Character sheet
    Character Name: Keskorie
    Species: Human
    Alignment :

A Royal Ball (Open) Empty A Royal Ball (Open)

Post by Keskorie Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:56 pm

(Just come in, you can be part of it, undercover, or just crash it Razz)

I gazed around, bored as heck. My expression showed different but it was just an act, like it always was. I hated wearing the stupid dresses and high heels, going to these fancy events and acting like a proper lady, and most off all the guys. I glanced over the crowd again, glad that the dancing and feasting hasn't started yet. There was a big window on one wall and the ceilings looked like they could go up forever, decorated with looks of nooks and crannies. There was also a big stage, used for announcing guests and everyone nearby and the feasting area, always loaded with the fanciest of foods. But, while most would be happy to be living 'the good life' I wasn't. I closed my eyes for a brief second and let out a silent sigh before opening them back again and putting my bright smile back on.
    Griffin
    Griffin

Male Posts : 271

Character sheet
    Character Name: Griffin
    Species: Synthetic
    Alignment : Neutral Good

A Royal Ball (Open) Empty Re: A Royal Ball (Open)

Post by Griffin Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:37 pm

After meeting with Keskorie at the bar he had been told that she was going to some fancy ball, which amused him to no end. He HAD to see this. Sure enough, he had found a flier on some notice board and here he was. Not only would he get prime entertainment, he might even learn something. He stood at the entrance, contemplating whether to go in or not. Judging by the looks of the people that entered the building, he would look extremely out of place. Well, it wasn't like he was going to do much there. Perhaps he would just spectate from a higher level out of sight. Collecting confidence, he pushed open the large doors and stepped into the crowded open space. His cloak swished behind him. Already he felt straying eyes lock onto him. Dancers parted in his wake, uncertain of his presence. One looked up towards the ceiling. He may be able to climb up onto the rafters unseen.
    Killian
    Killian

Male Posts : 74

Character sheet
    Character Name: Killian Timere
    Species: Damphir
    Alignment : Chaotic Good

Post by Killian Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:26 am

Killian was of a rich family. His mother owned a lot of money and when she died, Killian inherited it. He was also a only child, but only knew of his fathers existence. He was at this ball, as a guest. He was supposed to like these things, but he didn’t. He didn’t hate them though, he was just kind of neutral about them. Killian looked around. He saw all the major parts of the room. He now looked for exit routes, if anything got a little too out of hand. There was a window, easily broken. The doors were also a exit. He also saw many, many places he could hide, if he could only hide and not escape. Killian finally let go a breath he did not know he was holding. Killian looked for a person to talk to. He needed to keep his attention on someone and not be so paranoid. Killian began to walk around fake smiling at everyone. He was looking for someone easy to fool, but not stupid.
    Keskorie
    Keskorie

Character sheet
    Alignment :

Post by Keskorie Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:56 pm

I gave out another little silent sigh, not following the crowd as they looked to where some new guests were entering. Everyone here looked the same, as in attire and attitude. I glanced to the food, seeing as some people were mingling over there. I walked through the crowd and over to the feast of food, grabbing a small plate and a slice of cake. 'Women eat small things.' I silently wanted to mouth mockingly, but didn't. I took the cake, now to realize velvet, and leaned against the wall.
    "Keskorie, is that you?"
    I glanced up, putting on a fake smile. "Oh, hello there Faliez." I've known him since we were young, our families have been somewhat close. "How have you been doing? You haven't been around the castle, have you?" He asked. Of course he would, I barely even go back there anymore. And they visit a lot. "Why would I?" I asked him, knowing he was the only one who really understood I didn't like the royal life. "Having too much fun with your supérieur?" I just gave him a slight glare and stuck my fork back into my cake. "No, I've been doing more with my life, but I don't like spilling my guts out to people," I leaned closer, "Especially when you don't know who could be listening." He gave a slight nod and walked away as I gave another sigh, just trying to hide away in the shadows. I glanced around the room, I seemed to know everyone here and no one stuck out to me. I stuck another mouthful of cake in my mouth, wondering when they'd start to introduce the guests.
    Nexus
    Nexus

Male Posts : 49

Character sheet
    Character Name: Nexus
    Species: Reaper
    Alignment : Lawful Evil

Post by Nexus Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:24 pm

It was the striking flood of lights and noise that rang through the trees and bramble. In the wake of the dimming twilight of the day, the whole scene was enough to get the attention of Nexus. After climbing over a large array of gated fences and landing inside of a row of hedges, he could see, just past the large courtyard filled with people in a variety of suits and dresses, a massive estate. From the variety of scents that came from within the building, he knew that there would be a bounty of prizes to collect within...

All that remained was the act of getting in without raising alarm. Looking around, Nexus spotted a series of columns next to an expansive window on a side of the building; a lot could be seen past the window, but, if he was to stick to the shaded side of the wall beside the incoming light, he could remain unseen while climbing towards the roof. As soon as he skittered towards the wall and began to clamber upwards, Nexus spotted several outcroppings and a terrace towards the roof. Upon reaching the shingles towards the top, right by the edge of the luxurious terrace, he simply waited by the shadows, contemplating where his next course of action will take him.
    Supēsugojira
    Supēsugojira

Post by Supēsugojira Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:29 am

Killian looked around and saw no one he knew. He didn’t grow up being groomed for this stuff. Though he did have a talent for this. He grabbed a glass of wine and went to a wall. He leaned against it and watched the everything. But not the way you think. He was blind, but he could still see. He had a “radar sense”. He “saw” everyone around him and walked forward and rudely bumped against a lady in black. This stopped Killian.
    Keskorie
    Keskorie

Character sheet
    Alignment :

Post by Keskorie Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:58 pm

I was glancing away when someone bumped into me, causing my plate of half eaten cake to fall. I glared up at the person, not really recognizing them. "Oh, who are you sir?" I asked nicely, trying to hide the edge on my tone. I really wanted to snap at him but I didn't for the sake of not blowing cover. I reached down and picked up the spilled cake, muttering under my breath, "You should've watched where you're going," hopefully quiet enough for him not to hear.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female Posts : 32

Character sheet
    Character Name: Alyssa Hayashi
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Post by Alyssa Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Alyssa received a random invitation to this ball that was in town. Of course, she would definently had to go and dance with people. Specifically the guys. Finding a dress in her humongous closet wasn't hard and chose purple sequeined floor length dress that she hadn't wore since........ "I don't think I've ever worn this before..." She got her white heels and applied some makeup. You know, mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner, some foundation, lip gloss, and blush. After two hours she left and arrived at the ball within minutes.
    Akreious
    Akreious

Male Posts : 229

Character sheet
    Character Name: Ariko Uszuniragi
    Species: Saiyan

Post by Akreious Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Ariko received a letter for a random party during one of his concerts. at first he was hesitant of going until he head of the word "food". After that, the choice was sealed. Ariko appeared quickly after the others and was quickly at the food place, eating what he could before he was uttered out by others. "I hope Some friends are here..." He said to himself after walking around. He'd not dressed well for the Royal Ball because of the little to no guidance he'd gotten about these types of parties. He would start dancing around but with the no social interaction yet he feels off.
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

Female Posts : 324

Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Alignment : True Neutral

Post by Yuuki Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:07 am

Yuuki read her letter quickly. It stated that she was invited to a royal ball (for no reason...), so to be nice, she would show up. Picking out a nice, ankle- length, simple white dress ( the style was similar to that of a Greek chiton), coupled with a pair of white sandals, and just in case, stowed her weapons secretely on herself. Checking herself once more, she gave a satisfied nod and left HQ. She arrived at the royal ball area soon enough, and pushed open the door inside.

Large was an understatement; it was gigantic, with beautiful golden designs and paintings on the ceilings. Large platters of food were found scattered around, and many couples were already dancing. She made her way through the crowd, before finding a familiar person. "Ariko?" she asked. "You were invited as well?"
    Killian
    Killian

Character sheet

Post by Killian Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:24 am

Killian turned around and helped the lady. ”I am truly sorry, I was just in a hurry. Killian looked up and around. He was not supposed to be in the middle of attention. He was very close to it. He stood up and said ”I am Killian, and I’m sorry im blind and i cant see...." Killian scowled at the girl.
    Shenzi
    Shenzi

Male Posts : 39

Character sheet
    Character Name: Shenzi
    Species: Vampire
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Shenzi Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:40 pm

For some reason, Shenzi had received an invite. The top three questions that entered his mind were,
    "Why?"
    "How?"
    and, "Will Nightingale be there?"
    Shenzi was what you may call a 'hermit'. He rarely went into public, so few people know him. But that was because he lived far away from any civilizations... So, getting a party invitation was a shock. But, hey! Party?! Count him in!

He instantly set off. (skipping detailz and stuff) When he arrived, he glanced around. "Fancy." Upon realizing no drama or catfights or anything, he frowned. "Anything interesting going on..? Or is it because I haven't been here this whole time? :3"

((Sorry for short post... In a rush))
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female Posts : 32

Character sheet
    Character Name: Alyssa Hayashi
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Post by Alyssa Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:11 pm

Alyssa arrived at the ball to see that it had already begun. Many people were already dancing, eating, talking, whatever. She saw a familier face in the crowd and smile, walking over to the girl with spiky hair standing next to Ariko. "Yuuki? I didn't know that you would attend a ball. But, as usual, your sense of fashion hasn't changed..." Lyss rolled her eyes and sighed, glaring down at her white greek chiton and sandals. "At least wear heels!"
    Nexus
    Nexus

Character sheet

Post by Nexus Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:25 pm

It seemed as if the event going on from within the building was as busy and bustling as ever, judging from the faint noises that could be grasped from outside. A brisk shimmer persisted in the night sky by the various glints and reflections of light given off by the ever-present moon. Nexus surveyed the terrace, only to see that there was nothing on it besides several potted plants. Clambering over the rails on the side, he began to sidle up to the doorway only to hear a series of thuds that echoed towards his direction. Losing his rationale, he went back to the shingled roof once more to remain in the shade of the night. As the noises closed in to the terrace, Nexus spotted an old, unaware guest in a deep black suit that was quietly grasping a lit cigar; it seemed as if there was nothing that could be done but to wait for the guest to spend his idle time on that terrace and rush past when the moment was right. Patience was key and time certainly seemed to be in his favor, for all that could be done at this point was to wait and pay attention.
    Keskorie
    Keskorie

Character sheet
    Alignment :

Post by Keskorie Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:03 pm

I stood back up, holding the cake with some of the crumbs still on the floor. Someone would have to deal with it later. Looking at him when he said he was blind made me silently curse at myself, not only for offending him but also for not saying it quiet enough. I tried to ignore that I said it, "Well, Killian, it's nice to meet you. I'm Keskorie. Excuse me for a moment." I walked over to one of the garbages and threw the cake away, walking back over to where he was in order to not be rude.
    Guryon
    Guryon

Male Posts : 52

Character sheet
    Character Name: Guryon Darck
    Species: Modified Drow

Post by Guryon Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Killian nodded and saw Keskorie walk away. He watched as she came back. He was not sure how he was to greet her exactly. So he decided to bow, while keeping his legs straight and raising his hand for a handshake. He was sure he looked stupid but did not really care. He remained there until she took his hand.
    Keskorie
    Keskorie

Character sheet
    Alignment :

Post by Keskorie Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:52 pm

I blinked at Killian as he bowed, unsure as to why he was doing that. When he put up his hand I hesitated before taking it and shaking it. I've been bowed to before, but maybe it was strange to offend someone then get bowed to, or in a royal setting where people either always do or always don't bow. "So... What was that for?" I asked, slightly curious.
    Killian
    Killian

Character sheet

Post by Killian Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:55 pm

Killian stood up straight and looked at Keskorie. ”Well the thing is I didn’t grow up in this climate so I dont know how to greet people." He nervously put his arms in his pockets and took them back out knowing a gentlemen wouldn’t put his hands in his pockets. He stared into space with his blank eyes. ”I grew up in a bad childhood"
    Nexus
    Nexus

Character sheet

Post by Nexus Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Looking over, Nexus saw that the individual was distractedly gazing into the horizon. Without a second to spare, he seized the moment and silently skittered past the idling guest, going through the vast hallway past the terrace. The grandiose presentation from every instance of furniture or décor caught very little attention; his mind was set on a goal and, from this, he would not waver.

Coming upon a stairwell, Nexus began to think of what may lay ahead, and, to prevent the opportunity from slipping, began his descent.
    Keskorie
    Keskorie

Character sheet
    Alignment :

Post by Keskorie Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:03 pm

I gave a slight frown as he said he grew up in a bad childhood; That could mean literally anything, even I consider my childhood to be terrible and wish it never happened. "Well, what happened in your childhood?" I asked, curious to know what the difference is between my 'terrible childhood' and his.
    Killian
    Killian

Character sheet

Post by Killian Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Killian shook his head and went in a full circle. "You couldn't handle it, even. Yu wanted to" he said again going Ina circle, he was becomin to be bored. He did like being so it in the open. He reach for some food an decided against it. If a fight breaks out, best not to have food in his stomach. He put his hand on his head and the pit them at his side. He took a step back and a step forward. He didn't have much to say to this girl.
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:10 am

One tilted his head to the side, scanning the crowd, gathering every last biological detail about every last living creature in the area. His attention was drawn toward Killian. Vampire, eh? He looked over to Keskorie and ticked in surprise. Was this vampire's intent to lure in Korie and drain her of her blood? Best step in.. just in case. After all, she was still an ally whether he liked it or not. He walked over, pushing over a few people that stood between him and the two.

One pulled his cloak closer to his body, concealing anything that might give his identity away. He stepped up behind Korie and glared intensely at Killian. Something about this vampire made him aggravated and jumpy.
    Keskorie
    Keskorie

Character sheet
    Alignment :

Post by Keskorie Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:16 am

I watched him, giving another frown as he said 'I couldn't handle it.' That's what most people said. You're too delicate and innocent, why don't you just go do some women things while the men talk. That was why I loved my dad. "I bet I could handle it." I said, wondering if I could get it out of him. Guys didn't like to be wrong, and love bets, right? I felt like something was behind me and turned around, seeing the cloaked One. "Do you need something... sir?" I asked, unsure of if it could be a female.
    Killian
    Killian

Character sheet

Post by Killian Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Killian just gave Keskorie a sad stare. He then felt the presence of the something behind Keskorie. He focused on it and it did not feel right. He didnt move, but his head ws spinning on who this waS.
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:23 pm

One cocked his head to the side. He didn't say anything and continued to stare at Killian. He put his hand on the hilt of one his katanas in case the half-vampire decided to make a wrong move.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:57 pm