The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Meeting Someone New ((Nightingale/Guryon)) ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Meeting Someone New ((Nightingale/Guryon)) OoC81
ROA

2 posters

Meeting Someone New ((Nightingale/Guryon))

Nightingale
    Nightingale

Female Posts : 118

Character sheet
    Character Name: Nightingale
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

Meeting Someone New ((Nightingale/Guryon)) Empty Meeting Someone New ((Nightingale/Guryon))

Post by Nightingale Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:01 pm

((uncreative title lol. Plus short post, but eh. Creativity block.))

Nightingale should totally put a sign on the door that says "NO DRUNK PEOPLE ALLOWED". Maybe if she did that sooner, she wouldn't be so pissed off right now. Was that even a joke? Hell, it could be if you wanted it to. But that's besides the point. Mere minutes ago, there Nightingale was, minding her own business when two people staggered in: a boyfriend and girlfriend, both equally intoxicated with alcohol. They had asked the expectant librarian for a jug of milk, and when she sternly said that this was a library, not a grocery store, they had gone searching for the milk... By tearing through books, knocking them off the shelves, looking under rugs, etc.. When they finally got sober, Nightingale had shooed them out. She was now alone, the only one in the library. She began to clean up the mess. She sighed. This was exhausting already-- at this rate, she didn't think she could stomach five more hours at work. She just wanted to go home and lay down in bed. Pixel was coiled up next to the window, hot rays of sunlight streaming onto his pretty blue body. He was too lazy to try to help Nightingale.

Five more hours, Night, she thought, half-determined. You can do this. With or without drunk people.
    Guryon
    Guryon

Male Posts : 52

Character sheet
    Character Name: Guryon Darck
    Species: Modified Drow
    Alignment : Chaotic Good

Meeting Someone New ((Nightingale/Guryon)) Empty Re: Meeting Someone New ((Nightingale/Guryon))

Post by Guryon Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:42 am

Guryon was walking down the streets of Xastristan. He constantly looked around for anything that he could do at this moment. Finally he found a building of some interesting qualities. He walked to the door and looked at the building. His curiosity took the better of him and he swung open the door. It didn't feel heavy, like he was used to. He carefully walked in and closed the door. He looked around slowly. He noticed a woman cleaning up. He noticed she was all alone in doing the cleaning. "Cleaning alone? maybe I should help her out? Yes I should." He thought ti himself quickly and then walked briskly over to her. He kneeled down and began picking books with her.
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Meeting Someone New ((Nightingale/Guryon)) Empty Re: Meeting Someone New ((Nightingale/Guryon))

Post by Nightingale Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:56 pm

From the corner of her yellow eyes, Nightingale saw a pale white hand beginning to pick up books and shredded papers. It didn't have painted light pink nails, so it obviously wasn't her own hand. Whereas, the nails on that one were long and pointed, unlike Night's. The small librarian looked up and gasped. By God! He's so tall! Indeed he was. He was very fit too, although that was needless to say. Nightingale noticed dark, sharp features. She was most enraptured by his eyes, as black and deep as an abyss. She noticed she was staring and quickly looked away. "S- Sorry... It's just..." The purple-haired girl looked back at him, eyes wide in curiosity. "You're so tall! You're not human, are you?" She hoped she didn't sound nosy. She glanced at the mess on the floor. "And, um... Thank you!" Nightingale's baby bump was getting uncomfortable and she shifted to sit on her knees instead.
    Guryon
    Guryon

Character sheet

Post by Guryon Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Guryon glanced up from helping. He stopped for a couple seconds. He turned his head and listened to her question. "Don't be I'm used to be stared at and studied." He realized how dark that could sound if she knew his past but she didn't so she could just think he was a male stripper or something. He started chuckling with a deep rumble. "Yes I'm not human, but I'm not quite what I'm supposed to be either." He sighed in his head "As if anyone would under stand that.."
    He resumed picking things up and noticed that the girl was a little plump in the abdominal area. He almost did a look around as if his past was going to be this girls future, but of course that wouldn't happen again. "U-u-uhh Your pr-preg... sorry i should not ask that..." He looked down. "My names Guryon, whats your name?"
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:56 pm

His voice is dark, too. Nightingale thought. She couldn't help but be reminded of Jin, who was the father of her coming son. She recalled that man being a bastard on the day they met(a cute, adorable bastard that Night just wanted to shove into a swimming pool). He didn't particularly act emo, but he had a dark aura about him. This is how she felt around this man-- Guryon, a nice name. She blinked a bit in surprise as he began to mention that she was expectant and curled her arms around her bump, ready to answer questions he might ask. She was relieved when he changed the subject. "I'm Nightingale," she said as she stood up, placing books on the shelves. "Like the bird." Her fingers lingered on the spine. "Pretty day, isn't it?"
    Guryon
    Guryon

Character sheet

Post by Guryon Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:28 pm

He looked around quickly, trying to avoid the woman gaze. He saw her tighten around her stomach and her was afraid he said something wrong, but she didn't seem to mind much. "Bird? Ah yes." He recalled his small teachings about birds. "Nigh-tin-gale!" He quickly sounded it out, then winced as he remembered where he was. He prepared for someone to come out of anywhere and smack the shit out of him.
    "Im s-sorry, I didn't mean to be so loud... it is a pretty day.." He said this barely below a whisper and the last art even quieter.
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:38 pm

She blinked in surprise at the sudden outburst, quickly panicking but calming down as his voice lowered to a whisper. Nightingale wondered what to do... And then she wondered why she wondered that(confusing, yeah). The answer was so obvious! The librarian turned around, smiling gently. "It's okay. Don't worry!" Pixel looked up lazily from his spot on the windowsill, blinking the sleep from his eyes. Nightingale suddenly remembered something. She rushed to her desk, getting a tin can. She walked to Guryon and opened it for him. Inside was a cluster of sugar cookies. "Want one?" she asked cheerfully.
    Guryon
    Guryon

Character sheet

Post by Guryon Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Guryon saw that she was conflicted for a long while, but then she calmed him down. His head shot over to the creature on a windowsill. "ATTACKER! KILL! KILL! KILL!" These thoughts shot through his head as he saw the creature, but he forced himself to calm down. He had to learn not to attack everything that surprises him. He turned his head back over to Nightingale. Who was reaching for a can. She had brought it over and opened it up. Words shot across his thoughts again, "POISON! POISON! POISON!" He stood up leaning over as much as he could without looking weird, walked over to a wall. He drew he head back and threw it forward. He hit the wall, although held back as much force as he could without loosing the option of no pain. He didn't really wanna crack the wall. He crumpled to he knees and said, not in a shout and not in a whisper, "No more bad thoughts, Ill take a cookie." And then he realized, that sounded like he wanted to have sex with her.
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:27 am

Nightingale was sympathetic, watching Guryon. He looked so confused. Kind of worried. She wanted to let him know that everything would be okay, but she didn't have a clue on how to do that without making it seem like she was patronizing him. There's no books on that either, huh..? she thought sadly. She winced as the man hit the wall. What is he..? He is muscular and super tall. He seems so shocked about Pixie. I know he's not human, but... Nightingale didn't want to embarrass the guy, so she didn't say anything. He seemed uninjured, too. She leaned slightly over to Pixel, who knew as well that Guryon was strange. He was looking away, and only when Nightingale hold out her arm was when he moved. He coiled around her arm, eyeing Guryon nervously.

Then he said that.

. . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Suddenly feeling numb, she gave Guryon a cookie. Night's face paled, nervous and unsure what to think. She just let out a nervous, forced laugh. "Heheh..." That came out of nowhere. "Y- You okay..?" Maybe he wasn't talking about bad thoughts in that way. Maybe he was just really troubled. Nonetheless, it kind of took Nightingale off guard, which was obvious by her pale face suddenly turning a comical color of tomato red.
    Guryon
    Guryon

Character sheet

Post by Guryon Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Guryon got up slowly. He turned around to Nightingale and reached for a cookie. He looked at the ground and took a bite of the cookie, which ended up being most of it. He finished it and looked up at her. He took notice of the shade of her face, the expression upon it, and what she asked him. He pondered the question for a minute or two. He gave her a small half-smile and replied, "Not really...Why do you seem so trustworthy? It confuses me how someone who is so terrifying somehow has a a aura of trust..." He looked back at the ground. He had noticed the eel around Nightingales arms. His hand twitched. He put it in his pocket. "Im sorry if I scare you..." His knees bent and he slowly kneeled down.
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Nightingale knew that Guryon didn't mean what she thought by the look on his face. She mentally cursed herself for having a dirty mind. It surprised her that he chomped down the whole cookie in almost one bite. He seemed so dark at first, Night admitted in silence to herself. So brooding... But... She gazed at Pixel, who was rubbing his cheek on her arm. I shouldn't have judged Guryon by his appearance. He's just a huge sweetheart! She looked at Gury with gentle eyes, although she was shocked at what he said. Terrifying? She was terrifying? "I'm glad." She blinked. "I try to be trustworthy, anyways." She was caught off guard by being called scary. "It's okay, you aren't frightening me." Nightingale smiled. "Although... I'm sorry about being terrifying."
    Guryon
    Guryon

Character sheet

Post by Guryon Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Guryon looked at Nightingale. She seemed so tiny but scared Guryon so much at the same time. He blinked. "You don't think your terrifying? Well I guess you wouldn't.." He stopped looking at her and looked around. "Anyone who is alone, seems that you can trust, and is friendly scares me.." He admitted this very slowly and quietly.
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:08 am

Nightingale was very curious about Guryon. He didn't seem. . . human. He was more scared of her than she was of him, though. Maybe he was raised in a bad home? She found herself scrutinizing him as she went over the possibilities. Though she didn't hear of it often, abusive parents could be a chance. He could be orphaned. Suddenly the librarian felt sad. She was given away by her father and raised by her uncle, but never did Shenzi lay a hand on her. She never got slapped or faced nights without supper. Others, however, had been less fortunate. Guardians died. Children have been beaten. And as Night looked at Guryon, who must have been a few years younger than her, felt sympathy and worry. He was so afraid. He reminded her of a baby bird, helpless and alone in a cruel world. She suddenly decided that she would not treat her and Jhin's son with such savagery.

Wait a minute. Maybe I'm being too thoughtful about this. . . Just because a person is timid doesn't mean they had an abusive home. I should know that--

Still, it was strange to see that a being that was much taller and undoubtedly stronger than her was afraid.

"I haven't harmed a thing in my life," Night told Gury gently, and she hoped that was true. "I won't try to hurt you. I promise." She hoped she didn't sound suspicious. She would hate to scare a friend away.
    Guryon
    Guryon

Character sheet

Post by Guryon Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Guryon stared straight at Nightingale and watched her think. He was really worried now, he didnt like it when people thought. That meant he couldnt tell what they were thinking. Not knowing bugged him, but he dealt with it. He blinked at she finished thinking and spoke to him.

He thought about that, and then realized he was being hypocritical. He hated people thinking for too long, but then he was thinking for a long while. He opened his mouth and talked. "Okay. I guess. I hope you can live up to that promise." He stood up. "Do you have books that are about messing with the genes of a species?"
    Nightingale
    Nightingale

Character sheet

Post by Nightingale Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 pm

She blinks at his question. Nightingale had books of all genres and topics, but nobody asked for a novel as such for so long that she forgot that she had it. That happened often, actually. The topics of dragons bored her, as with the rumors of the infamous Team Dragonstorm. They were talked about so much that they've come to bore the mother. Nightingale reminded herself to remember that different people had different interests.

"I'm sure I do," she replies, smiling. "I can get on my computer to check the stock." She turns to get behind her desk, her fingers tapping the keys that never got dusty. She always typed on them, and her fingerprints could be seen on the slick surfaces in the light. "I have one... Just one, though."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:00 pm