The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Well Spit and Hades. (Invite Only) ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Well Spit and Hades. (Invite Only) OoC81
ROA

3 posters

Well Spit and Hades. (Invite Only)

Cedric
    Cedric

Male Posts : 92

Character sheet
    Character Name: Cedric
    Species: Paradigm
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Well Spit and Hades. (Invite Only) Empty Well Spit and Hades. (Invite Only)

Post by Cedric Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Energy practically hummed in the air.

Cedric strode forward, his feet gently falling on the evenly cut grass- something he had never seen before. The effect was odd, it added a soft padding for him to step onto, but had a tickling sensation he'd never had. Even more, his cloak of feathers didn't trail through the grass like usual. It left the Paradigm feeling vulnerable.

"How in the bloody blue blazes did I wind up in such a.. Public scene..."

The blonde-haired man looked around, having to move his head to make up for his handicap. Cedric's left eye was covered in yet more feathers, woven together with blue thread and beaded to warn other tribalists- though it seemed none were around. Instead, children with odd garbs ran around, throwing colored disks to their canines while screaming in glee. A frown crept onto the face of the half-breed, disdain coloring his features as he saw a row of females on a bench.

"Eugh... Women... A good way to...... Ruffle my feathers."

The personal joke made him feel a bit better, but he couldn't help but feel too out in the open. Almost on cue with his feelings, a bright red disk flew through the air- towards his covered eye. Feeling the kinetic energy coming towards him, Cedric reflexively snatched it out of the air- a mere two inches from his face. What he didn't expect, however, was the small girl chasing after the discus. She couldn't stop in time, and ran smack into the tall male's leg. Disgust washed over Cedric's face, and he took two quick steps back- before understanding the events. Making a face as though he were biting a bullet, the Paradigm handed the child the disk- releasing it quickly before she could touch it at the same time.

"Run along now. Please. Far, far away from me."
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

Female Posts : 324

Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

Well Spit and Hades. (Invite Only) Empty Re: Well Spit and Hades. (Invite Only)

Post by Yuuki Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Yuuki ran a hand through her dark brown hair, sighing through her nose. The scent of fresh grass was welcome to her nose, even if it slightly itched at times. The air was fresh, and was for once, free of people. However, there were a few batches of screaming kids which left Yuuki wincing from their sheer volume. She really wasn't that fond of children. It wasn't that they were monsters... it was just the fact that they could become very irritating at times.

And Yuuki was annoyed with that.

And she also happened to be living with a child under the same roof. Of course, she enjoyed Aiko's company and all, but the child's loud and piercing screaming would always disrupt Yuuki's peace and quiet when the child wanted food. It wasn't even crying; it was literal wailing. The cry of a devil spawn. The screech of impending doom. Of course, Yuuki would never say this out loud, for fear that Draligon the overprotective father would come to his daughter's rescue. It was best not to make a daikaiju angry, especially when it involved his daughter.

As Yuuki walked past a group of makeup-clad girls sitting on the bench, she past the sight of a tall blonde-haired man with a small girl holding a red frisbee. As the girl darted away soon after, Yuuki couldn't help but stare at the man's outfit.

Was he another cosplayer? Those were some mighty realistic feathers he was wearing, plus the fact that he had yet more feathers obscuring his left eye. That was some strange fashion sense, something that had yet to be worn in modern day. She frowned slightly, then eyed her outfit. The difference was drastic.

Yuuki hesitated for a few seconds, before heading towards the man. Upon arrival, she noticed that he was a good few inches taller than her, but she didn't let that faze her. An innocent and polite smile drifted across her facial features, gray eyes staring at the taller man.

"Are you cosplaying with that outfit? Those are some very realistic feathers."
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:28 pm

"Are you cosplaying with that outfit? Those are some very realistic feathers."

The voice sent a chill down Cedric's spine, causing him to jolt into perfect posture. A woman, someone with the feminine organs, was speaking with him. Dread drug it's icy claws through his veins, and he slowly turned his body to face the woman with whom he spoke.

"Cosplaying? I'm afraid I don't understand what exactly you're saying. Though, I guess Six and Allelujah warned me about that."

A bitter taste filled the Paradigm's mouth as he grimaced. Speaking, at any length, with a woman brought up sour memories. Laughter went through his mind, along with screaming. Gritting his teeth, he shook his head- attempting to calm himself before his left eye reacted like a solar flare.

"As for the feathers, yes. They're real. I can't very walk around naked."

Crossing his arms, Cedric attempted to relax- he wasn't here to do anything yet. Just get a couple of glimpses for Al and Six before reporting in for further orders. Especially since the two had finally found a place for food. He was tired of living off of the sparse animals he found here- barely fit for a hunt.
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 pm

"Cosplaying? I'm afraid I don't understand what exactly you're saying. Though, I guess Six and Allelujah warned me about that."

As Yuuki listened to this response, she hummed to herself. So he was like the other two. She figured they would have been related somehow, what with their similar yet so different styles of clothing. She crossed her arms, slightly mirroring the man's stance. Her fingers tapping instinctively on their respective arms. Yuuki scrutinized his face as his face seemed to sour as the man gritted his teeth.

An interesting reaction.

Was it because Yuuki had talked to him, so he was dreading the conversation? Something shallower than that, such as Yuuki's taste in clothing?

"So you don't know either..." she murmured, mostly to herself, but the man could have overheard her. "I see."

Her voice rising louder in volume, she spread her arms in a 'what-can-I-say' manner, a small smile on her face. "Maybe cosplaying's just not as popular as I thought."

The way he said that those were actually real feathers made her think that he had wings. Either that or those feathers were just plucked from real birds, and he wanted to parade them around like a madman. "Where did you get those feathers then? They are the only piece of clothing you have on?"
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:14 am

Cedric stared blatantly at the woman. Is she spitting mad? Shaking his head, he couldn't help but feel the feathers on his legs quiver. Talking with this female was clearly getting to him, and he had to take a deep breath before he could think clearly enough to respond.

"It's not the only garment I happen to wear, if that's disappointing to you. I've no idea the culture or norms of this society, but I can clearly tell you that running through the castle nude generally got certain tender bits injured."

It was hard to keep his humor, and a headache had started behind his eyes. Had he really become so weak as to only be able to stay around a woman for a handful of minutes? More memories came to mind- memories of his previous endeavors. Agony burst behind his left eye, and he cleared his throat- barely controlling the urge to cover up the body part.

"I apologize for my attitude. I understand that it isn't the best in whatever plane I'm currently in, and that my attire might not be the best. The feathers are.. Well. They belong to me."

Reaching up with his left hand, Cedric began to rub his temple- not that he could help it. The agony that was being caused was barely hide-able, and he wasn't sure how long he had before he couldn't stand it again. Taking deep breaths, he waited a moment for the pain to subside.

"Yet another apology, madam. My Knighthood is at stake with how I'm treating you, and I deeply apologize. Some private things have happened to where my presence here causes me grievance."

Ugh. Cedric could feel the color coming to his cheeks- burning practically.
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Yuuki just eyed the man suspiciously as he continued to seem very, very squeamish around her. She lightly shook her head, this man slightly amusing her yet confusing her greatly. Castle? From where? There were so many unanswered questions, Yuuki was not sure where to start.

"A different society? Then where are you from? Perhaps Eiria?"

If the feathers belonged to him, then that was possible that he wasn't human, and that he was some type of winged creature. Meeting a non-human wasn't surprsing; there were tons that wandered around, not to mention some of the other countries were overpopulated with non-humans. Aliens also tended to visit the earth for tourism, which was slightly surprising. That is, if you considered the fact that Earth was definitely not as powerful as some of the others.

And the man seemed to be in serious pain, unnatural pain that should not happen when just talking to one person.

"But you are in extreme agony," she noted. "What has seriously caused you to experience so much pain when talking to one person?"
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:02 pm

Holding back bile, Cedric's eye narrowed.

"I'm grave to say, but it is YOU who is causing me distress."

The urge to vomit was growing, and Cedric had to take deep breaths. Straightening himself out, he took yet another minute to collect himself. With each breath, the pain subsided more and more, until it was just a dull ache. Understanding that the pause in conversation would be an uncomfortable one, he declined his head in apology.

"Forgive my crudeness, but. As I talk with you- or any one of your gender, for that matter -I... To simply put it, I cannot."

The inability to communicate with a female or child had more strain on him than a stranger had the right to know. Quickly banishing the thought, Cedric threw the woman a wry smile.

"However, I must yet again apologize for my lack of cordiality. I didn't get your name, miss, but shall give you mine for the rudeness I've shown you. I'm Cedric. As for your.. question."

Yet another pause in conversation, as the pain began to be the normal headache- much like it would be home. The response made Cedric wonder if this plane had an affect on him, as speaking with a woman nearly made him pass out in a matter of seconds.

"I'm.. Not from this plane of existence. It's difficult for me to explain.. Especially with my handicap... Gah. Of all the weaknesses, a vagina must be my worst. By the gods and ancestors, a plague upon your gender! The grievances are many, especially for a mere minute of conversation! Even worse, a curse upon-"

Cedric's tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth, and he had to cough to get it unstuck. Yet another fucking bid for highest annoyance. He couldn't talk about the damn bitch who did this to him.
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:16 pm

Yuuki was a bit concerned for this man's physical and mental well-being. Was he always like this? Yuuki had never dealt with anything like this before; this was all new to her. So this man could not talk to females at all. Was this some type of sexism, or was this a very real medical condition this man just so happened to have?

But now that he had mentioned he was from a different plane of existence, now that had definitely sparked her interest. She knew dimensional travel was possible; it had happened on a few instances, but it was rare. And Earth at the moment certainly did not have the tools and technology capable of this. At least, not yet.

But for right now, she really hoped the man would not vomit in front of her right there and then, because it seemed like he would.

"You should go to the hospital." Yuuki eyebrows knitted in slight concern. "Seriously. I insist."
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:24 pm

"What the bloody blue bollocks is a hospital?"

This woman was going to be the death of him. Cedric took a few minutes of silence- eyes closed. Slowly, he sat down and took a moment to breathe. It wasn't that the female was being horrible- in fact he found that a kind face in a realm full of strangers was a warm change. Memories of the days when he'd drink himself sick in the taverns took root, and he put her kindness towards that of Sere. Tomboyish habits, the emotions clear on her face.. Yes. This woman was definitely like his adopted daughter, and it made him feel a bit better.

Almost like that, the pressure came off of his chest- more and more memories of Sere's face and habits taking their place in his mind. The curse's grip loosened, just enough for him to get up and look at the woman with a half-smile.

"Very well. Lead the way."

He was sure he had to be confusing the pence out of this woman, especially after his severe migraine from before. The ache was still there, but no where near as bad. He just had to see where this conversation would go, it would seem...
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:38 pm

Yuuki raised an eyebrow when he asked what a hospital was. Why was she so surprised? Looking at how he was dressed, it would be obvious that his world's time period definitely was not the modern era. She waited patiently as the man took a seat down on the ground, closing his one visible eye as he seemed to try and relax. Yuuki crossed her arms, her gaze staring off into the distance in thought as she waited.

A world so much different from hers, she wondered what it was like to get thrown into a completely new world. It had to be unnerving. Surrounded by unfamiliar surroundings, noises, cultures. It was a completely different change. However, this man seemed to have already gotten used to this world's technology. As he stood up, Yuuki shifted her position and dropped her arms.

"The nearest hospital is a 5 minute walk from here." Yuuki walked off in the direction, glancing back once to see if he would follow her. While she believed all of... this, she still wanted to make sure this man was not clinically insane or something. There had been cases of those, and well. They were definitely not pleasant.
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Taking a deep breath of preparation, Cedric followed Yuuki- keeping two paces behind her. It was then that he took a moment to appreciate her form- her auburn hair was bound, but not in a way that it distracted from the muscular undertones of her neck. Again, her garb was loose, nothing out of the norm from where he was from. However, the materials seemed to differ from that of the Tribes, and it would make sense if she wanted more movement than the tight clothing this realm seemed to offer.

It was still fucking weird.

Shaking his head, he drew his thoughts back to the topic at hand. The short walk was leading them to a place filled with spiritual energy- white and black. And literal energy. A frown began to worm its way to Cedric's face, as he had to concentrate more and more on not disturbing the energies around the area. So many were bleak, filled with loathing and mourning... Much like the Healers Home back home. Was that where she was leading him?

Alarm jolted through him in that instant. Cedric came to an immediate halt, his eye wide and fixated on the back of Yuuki's head. She was leading him into a trap- it felt too dark and bleak for anything else. What would that mean for him? Should he try and go- scout out what forces could await him and his allies within this woman's grasp? Or should he take that moment to slip away?
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:50 pm

As Yuuki walked, she could feel a pair of eyes--well, one eye--staring at her back, as if he were analyzing her appearance. Her shoes pattered against the ground quietly, rubble and twigs crunching underneath. Yuuki brushed her bangs back, a useless attempt as they fell back into place almost immediately.

While they walked along the sidewalk, the tall skyscrapers slowly diminished on the path towards the hospital as more forest appeared. The sun still shone brightly, illuminating the quickly-approaching white walls of the hospital rather horribly. Yuuki had to avert her eyes and put a hand up. She couldn't help but feel something crawling around inside of her stomach; she was not a very big fan of hospitals or doctors, but thankfully Yuuki needed nothing from them. This was still for the other man's sake.

Stopping to announce they had arrived, she opened her mouth and turned, before closing it again. What? Cedric had stopped in his tracks, one eye seemingly staring daggers at Yuuki's face, while his hands were clenched at his side. Yuuki paused, staring at him. Honestly, was he just insane? Maybe he was just insane.

"Cedric? Are you... okay?" She stepped towards him and snapped her fingers in front of his face.
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Inhaling deeply, the Paradigm calmed himself. She wouldn't act so off about the place herself if it truly were a trap. Attempting to relax himself, he crossed his arms.

"I-I apologize. This place has such a bad aura about it.. The energy is filled with death and sickness, and so much hopelessness... I'm... I'm not sure if I should go in there. There's so much of it.."

He could feel his feathers begin to rise, the ruffling mainly from the awkwardness in the air about him. Of course this was a Healer's Home, the air had the same sickly feel to it as it always had. The same feel that he could recall screaming in, under the hands of the Fallen's soldiers- only to be healed perfectly from not only his own traitorous body, but the abused Healer's wounds. Memories of the old woman's wizened face came to mind, tears staining her cheeks as she begged him to release her, to end her life right then and there so that her hands wouldn't cause more harm.

The memory was enough to cause him to shake.

"I am sorry..."
    Kuro
    Kuro

Female Posts : 24

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Species:

Post by Kuro Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Yuuki's eyes narrowed suspiciously. She glanced towards the hospital, then switched her gaze back to the blonde. He still didn't seem very relaxed. All of his feathers were rising like an agitated bird. Maybe he had bad experiences with places like the hospital? No, he didn't know what a hospital was. Well, whatever they were called in his realm, he must have experienced something that had traumatized him.

But of course, this was the hospital. It constantly radiated a bad energy. There were always people dying in there, but there was also life. The way he mentioned the death and sickness reminded Yuuki of an asylum. She had gone to one before, and it was no doubt one of the most horrifying things Yuuki had ever encountered in her life.

Yuuki shook her head with a sigh, walking past him. "Alright, no hospital. We can leave if you want. It's obvious you've encountered traumatizing situations in the past."

She walked away, gesturing for him to follow.

"I don't like hospitals much myself."
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:43 pm

"It might be the safest course of action.. I apologize again for my attitude. I'm just not very competent when it comes with speaking to women. There are certain restraints-"

A blinding wave of pain made Cedric stagger, the curse punishing him again for the mention of his condition. Gritting his teeth, he pulled himself together- desperately avoiding feinting in such a public environment.

"-that ail me. It's not you, it is most certainly me."

Gritting his teeth, the male followed Yuuki- determined to make up for his asinine behavior.

Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:57 pm

Yuuki stopped in her tracks, glancing over her shoulder. The man still seemed in pain, he even went so far as to stagger in his steps. Yuuki's body tensed, ready to help before the man seemingly pulled himself back together. If talking to her caused him so much pain, then he should just leave. Or maybe, Yuuki should just leave. It would save him the pain.

Yuuki turned around completely to face the man with a hard stare. "You should stop pushing yourself so hard and just leave me. I'm sorry that I've talked to you for so long, you're obviously in pain when talking to me, or any woman, in fact. I shouldn't stay too long myself, in fact. I think I'm keeping my friends waiting."

She bowed with a smile, a cultural tradition that Yuuki had decided to keep. "It was still a pleasure to meet you. The city is right ahead of you. Now, if you'll excuse me." She gave him a tiny wave and turned around and walked on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:59 pm