The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Post Improvement Permission ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Post Improvement Permission OoC81
ROA

5 posters

Post Improvement Permission

Nexus
    Nexus

Male Posts : 49

Character sheet
    Character Name: Nexus
    Species: Reaper
    Alignment : Lawful Evil

Post Improvement Permission Empty Post Improvement Permission

Post by Nexus Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 pm

As some of you may know, the staff team is going over a multitude of improvements in order to give the site a standing amongst other forums. In the capacity of only a few weeks, we have accomplished more than many others have hoped to accomplish. Yet, this was only done through our diligence and efforts by working as a collective community; by caring for one another, we have succeeded in developing friendships and foundations able to withstand any outside force.

Still, there is work to be done. Part of improving our standing is in the category of grammar, spelling, and punctuation. I'm personally offering the option of going over and cleaning posts and topics of small errors in their presentation. Of course, there are instances when we overlook a few minor mistakes that do not interfere with how the message is interpreted, but there are always cases when several discrepancies can entirely change how a statement is perceived. I am willing to help everyone with their English usage through the use of direct editing, PMs, or just a few examples of proper usage of a word. Cases I can help out with include, but are not limited to;

• Usage of "its" and "it's".
    • Usage of "there", "their", and "they're".
    • Repeated words.
    • Misplaced words.
    • Misspelled words.
    • Presentation of first and third person.
    • Punctuation and connections.

I have already done this with several of the major information posts that are on the forum, but, since I respect others for their creative freedoms and the freedom of Speech, I have not done this with any other posts. Now, here is the main purpose of this post: I can help, but only with individual consent. Post on this topic stating your approval or denial of the service I am providing. You can specify the extent to which I can help, such as only editing, only PMs, or only tutorials. Not posting here will be counted as denial of my services, preventing me from interacting with your posts. At any single time, if you have allowed me to help, you can also tell me to stop by posting here. Some of you already have perfect or near-perfect grammar, so this service may not be necessary for you. I understand that everyone has their own unique style of writing and I will be sure not to alter or 'cramp' your style.

If you choose to decline my offer, please keep in mind that you can help improve your own grammar and spelling by following a few simple steps; by choosing to preview and re-read your own post, you can help eliminate most of the errors that you might accidentally ignore or not notice by correcting yourself before you finalize your post (remember to copy your whole post before previewing, as Forumotion has been known to log people out while they make posts, completely erasing the all of the work that was done. Copying your post allows you to paste it after you log back in). Copy-and-pasting your post in a document application on your computer allows it to automatically check it for grammar, spelling, and all of the good stuff. Re-reading your post from the eyes of your fellow members allows you to figure out if they will be able to understand the things you mention in your post; do not be afraid to open up another tab on your browser and look over previous posts on the topic you are writing in if something feels off or unclear. Remember, that as time goes on, you will become better at writing nicely in terms of the foundations of English. Also, you can disable the 'smilies panel' if it distracts you while writing your post in the preview mode.

Cliché as it may be, but this statement fits the situation perfectly:

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." -Ben Franklin

Keep learning by practicing and you will be able to use your skills, not only on the site itself, but also in your everyday life.
    Hisashi
    Hisashi

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Species:
    Alignment :

Post Improvement Permission Empty Re: Post Improvement Permission

Post by Hisashi Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:30 pm

Sure, you can edit my posts if you wish. It'll only save me some embarrassment.
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Female Posts : 409

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Post by Aero Dynamic Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:03 pm

*Gets her papers out*

'I, Areo, solemnly swear that any mistake I m-

"What the hell is this? You're not the president or in the army or anything!"

"Uh, but this is important stuff, I thought I should go through a-"

"Dude, all you have to say is this; Y-E-S."

"Fine... Whatever..."

If that conversation makes any sense to you...

If it helps, I WAS going to make a whole long speech about it... But it's late, I should sleep, and I didn't feel like it (Okay, the last one is a lie)

But, if your posts do underline a misspelled word, like 'Penting' You can right-click the word and it should show up with a list of possible spelling you could've meant. Number one for me was 'Renting' even though I was thinking of 'Painting,' so sometimes you'll have to shuffle around your spelling. I'm also not sure if if this works for everyone, but I only found it out recently.

Anyways, I like it Nexus, you made it sound like an amendment or something (Or I was just working with something that said amendment and can't think of anything else) But it sounds like the government or something wrote it to the people of the America of the U.S. (Is that the proper commercial quote? XD)

And you can tell I'm tired because I keep rambling on, well, I'll spare you from it Razz
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Female Posts : 359

Character sheet
    Character Name: F.U.R.
    Species: Animal of a sort
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by F.U.R. Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:12 am

Seems good, I am usually that one person to overlook stupid mistakes. Ye can edit my posts! (Please don't change the word "ye" to "you" because "ye" is just my way of saying you and regions of the world and other stuff :T)
    Isabelle
    Isabelle

Female Posts : 104

Character sheet
    Character Name: Isabelle Moon (문 이사벨)
    Species: Human-Cat Shifter
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by Isabelle Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:38 am

This is an awesome idea, and I think it's great. Although I have certain things burned into my mind due to my Year Six primary school teacher, like definitely, there/their/they're, your/you're and disappear, I do slip up. Though, like my character with her food and sleep, on the rare occasions I do mess up, I find random strings of letters in the middle of a sentence, as well as lots of misspelled words. And symbols too. So, I give you consent to have free reign over my topics!
    Except for 'aight, 'summat or other Yorkshire sounding stuff (as long as it has appropiate apostrophes) as like Frost, it's the way I speak.

(Please don't kill me)

Last edited by Dawn on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hisashi
    Hisashi

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Species:
    Alignment :

Post by Hisashi Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:09 am

Where I used to live people would say "bay-g" instead of "bag". They got it from the Canadians. That's why they're stereotyped to say "eh" all of the time. "Put it in the bay-g. Let's play Tay-g."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:06 am