The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Spirit's History (HUGE WIP) ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Spirit's History (HUGE WIP) OoC81
ROA

Spirit's History (HUGE WIP)

Spirit's History (HUGE WIP) Empty Spirit's History (HUGE WIP)

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Cold, still, quiet. Nothing was around, I was alone. I was born early, and it was just me. Hunger, warmth, safe. That's what I wanted, what I needed. The elements were already getting to me, sucking out my warmth only to replace it with bitter cold, and there was nothing I could do about it. Feeling a sheet of cold run over me before my senses went out, that's the last thing I remember.

Something wet, poking into my fur and touching my skin, over and over. But instead of being cold, it was warm. Milk-scent lingered around, making my tiny mouth water. I let out a yelp, feeling another warm thing run over my back, but it was warmer, a lot warmer then the other thing. I reached out, wanting more of it, but that only achieved falling, and it was on hard ground. Something pushed me, and the milk scent was even stronger there, I had to find it. I moved, my nose bumping against something soft. Nosing around some more I found what I was looking for, and latched on, feeling the warm liquid enter my mouth and warm my belly up. I slowly drifted to sleep, still hanging on.

A few weeks passed and I was excited to finally be allowed out of the den.  I've been eating meat for the past two weeks, and have always wanted to get my own or at least help out with taking one down. I yelped, giving a whimper and nudging my mother outside. She gave a low growl and I ran ahead of her, tail wagging furiously. She walked out with her head high even as I ran circles around her. As we got closer to the entrance it was a lot brighter than inside the cave, it hurt my eyes at first.

It was a strange word out there, bright with a lot of life, warm with grass instead of stone, creatures in the sky instead of bugs on the ceiling. This world was stunning. I looked back at our deep cave, it was dark in there, colder with fun little bugs to catch. I glanced up at my mom, taking in the sounds and scents there was.

"Why don't we go down to the river?" she asked in her kind tone. I tilted my head, "What's a river?" She laughed and told me to follow her. As we walked the sound grew bigger, but of what? It was loud, and the scent was weird. Coming over a small hill we saw it, it was big, long, and blue. She continued to walk to it, and I hesitated before following her.

"This, is a river," she said, sitting down as the wind ruffled her fur. I took a step forward, sniffing it before dabbing my paw in it. I yelped, stumbling back. It was cold in there, colder than in the cave when mom was on hunts. I looked up at her, wondering what that was. She smiled before answering my question, "This river is special. I was told that my grandpa discovered that the cool water came from that snowy mountain over there," She indicated it with her paw, "That's why it's so cold and blue, and why if you drink it it's so crisp. And the best thing is," she stepped into the lake, concentrating for a bit before dipping her snout in the water and pulling out something weird and flopping. "Is that this river gives us part of our food."

She nudged the fish over to me, still squirming and thrashing around before she slammed her paw on it's head. I sniffed it, curious as to what it was. I knew it was food because that's what she said it was, so cautiously opening my mouth I took a bit. At first it was plain and cold, almost boring before a rush of flavor came over my tonged. It was delicious! I wagged my tail, looking over at mom before taking another bite. She gave a smile while I ate, looking back into the river and getting out another for herself. "In another moon I'll teach you how to fish, but right now you are to bubbly to stay still and quiet to watch and be patient be for you dash in to grab it." I gave a nod, unsure of what that meant, but I knew she was always right.

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:10 pm