The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Wolf out of Water [CLOSED - Arik + Askyus + Sly] ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Wolf out of Water [CLOSED - Arik + Askyus + Sly] OoC81
ROA

4 posters

Wolf out of Water [CLOSED - Arik + Askyus + Sly]

sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Male Posts : 342

Character sheet
    Character Name: Sly
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

Wolf out of Water [CLOSED - Arik + Askyus + Sly] Empty Wolf out of Water [CLOSED - Arik + Askyus + Sly]

Post by sLy Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:55 am

Sly sat by the crossroad, sitting in the middle of the plains with what appeared to be a wolf beside him. Actually the wolf was the only reason why he would ever be out here in the open country, with the nearest forest being upon the horizon , on the feet of the distant mountains.

Nothing else could betray the peaceful beauty of the place, save for a sky full of clouds with a chance of rain at any second. Sly huffed a sigh, stroking Enigma's back as she rested beside him as well. It was getting a little windy...
    Arik
    Arik

Male Posts : 83

Character sheet
    Character Name: Arik
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Wolf out of Water [CLOSED - Arik + Askyus + Sly] Empty Re: Wolf out of Water [CLOSED - Arik + Askyus + Sly]

Post by Arik Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Arik walked down the road, until he saw Sly in the middle of the plain. Walking over to him he said hi, before moving his gaze to the wolf. She was an unnatural color, for a wolf at least. She was mostly blue, with waves of silver almost woven into it. Her eyes, one a dark blue while the other was a bright red, or at least looked that way from the light. And not to forget about the water swirling around her. She had to be magical, not doubt about it. Snapping his gaze away from her he looked back at Sly. "You needed something?" Looking back down at the wolf he resisted the urge to just reach down and pet the wolf, unsure of how it would react.
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Character sheet

Wolf out of Water [CLOSED - Arik + Askyus + Sly] Empty Re: Wolf out of Water [CLOSED - Arik + Askyus + Sly]

Post by sLy Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:48 am

He fiddled with the pocketwatch for the last time, and there he made a miniature wolf. With a gentle flick, the silver eyes flared to life, the gears ticking as the wolf looked around, its paws tapping around the palm of his hand as it realised it was trapped up here. Finally he perfected it. A clockwork construction of a wolf. Looking at it reminded him of the water wolf, who was in his peripheral, looking back up at him with the red and blue eyes.

Sly called for Arik 30minutes ago, almost after hearing the crisis this wolf was going through. Her eyes were half-opened, her every step a limp as she appeared to be dragging them across the path. No doubt she had gotten weaker. When he first saw her, there were two streams of water circling her body. Now there was just one. Her name was Mirage, and she had been begging him—quite like a lost dog—to take her to the nearby lake. Though Sly could have taken her there by himself, or even called someone strong like Yuuki to acquaint her. But he ended up settling for Arik, especially when he needed his intellect of this area, what he should expect and—perhaps—communicate with Mirage more effectively.

He had been sitting on his haunches until they started to bite him. As Sly stood back up, he saw Arik, walking towards him from the distance. He stepped onto the road and waved to him, but before hearing a distant roar of a thunderstorm.

Morning Arik, thank you for coming, Sly said. And yeah, I met this wolf out here, demanding to go to a lake. Is there a lake nearby here? He had a few more questions to ask but he started with the first one, and somewhat hoped Arik could answer the rest.

Hi there! Mirage said in her echoing voice, wagging her tail as she approached Arik. She sniffed and licked his hand when he reached to pat her, before brushing her check and chin over the hand, as if beckoning him to scratch her. My name is Mirage. Will you help me find my way back?
    Arik
    Arik

Character sheet

Post by Arik Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:03 pm

I nodded as Sly explained, looking back at the wolf. Now that he mentioned it, it made sense her her to want to go to the lake. I remember being told stories about elemental wolves before, but was never sure if they were true or not. I looked around, trying to see if there was anything that could insist a river was nearby. Hearing the wolf speak I looked down, smiling as she walked over to me, licking my hand as I reached down to pet her. She was soft, her fur almost like skimming your hand over water. It was interesting. I scratched her behind the ear before going to stroke her head. "Of course, Mirage. My name is Arik." I said, almost memorised by the wolf.
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Character sheet

Post by sLy Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Sly just smiled as he listened to the two wolves greet each other. Arik had looked around, probably for a nearby water source, but took his silence as he found nothing. It could be a long walk before they find anything. What’s more, Sly didn’t know where Mirage belonged. Could it just be any lake, or a specific lake? If there were one, Mirage hadn’t been telling him what. The name ‘Mirage’ didn’t ring any bells.

He rubbed Enigma’s snout, and she continued to sniff his palm for any food. For now, she and Mirage were well acquainted. But it didn’t look like she could offer any help as to where Sly should take the wolf. Though every time he thought about Mirage, he kept turning in the direction of the mountains. There could be a river there, but it was a long travel and any water there was just speculations. Sly bit the bottom of his lip at the thought that Mirage’s home wasn’t there. Water could be anywhere. If only he had a map for this part of the country.

Mirage, Sly called. The water wolf turned and took a few steps towards him, before sitting in between him and Arik. Have you remembered where you came from yet?

Mirage looked down, pawing at the dirt. After a while in thought, she craned her head back to Sly. The longer I am out of water, the weaker I am…both in mind and body, she said, though she was strangely content about it. It seems it has long claimed the memory of my home. This is why I need your help human. Take me back to the water, and I will reward you greatly.

Any water?

If the water is true and pure, my powers and my memories shall return. But even the slightest of impurities can become poison in my spirit, she replied, still calm and wagging her tail slowly. It was encouraging that Sly was talking to a happy water wolf, though a little unsettling that she didn’t seem to care if she lose her life. Sly looked back up to Arik, shaking his head as he beckoned an arm to Mirage. She’s been doing that since I met her. Replying to my questions while saying nothing at all. That’s why I brought you here. Can you connect with her and ask her where she belongs, so we know where to take her? I don’t she’s got much time left. They really only had time for one trip in any direction in this country. Sly could only hope Arik could point them the right way.
    Acer
    Acer

Male Posts : 26

Post by Acer Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Askyus was wandering the empty road, on his way to the next town, when he sensed two creatures' heat signatures, and another, almost ethereal creature, whom radiated a very different aura. He was in his travelling outfit, of a simple hooded cloak he picked up a while ago, and figured it wouldn't hurt to check out the travelers. It was after all, quite a lonely road. He quickened his pace, jogging towards the two humans. Now that he was closer, he could identify the strange creature he'd sensed earlier. It looked like a wolf(which it was likely not) with blue fur and elegant patterns of silver. He looked back at the humans. They were... talking to the wolf? He dismissed the thought. Pet owners do that, even when they know the wolf can't understand them. They didn't seem to armed. Wait, what was that small metallic thing next to them? "Hey! 'Tis a lonely road out, where are you headed?"
    Arik
    Arik

Character sheet

Post by Arik Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:20 pm

I continued to pet her until Sly asked her a question and she moved away. Listening, I compared it to what I've heard. The weakness, it made sense. Like as if an apple was plucked from the tree, it wouldn't get better, it'd get worse. Only difference here is that this can be reattached. The second part, something about the purest of waters. It sounded off. Remembering them saying something from the highest of mountain streams to the lowest of spring rivers, filling all in between. Maybe she was special, or the story was just wrong.

When he spoke back to me I nodded, extending my hand back out to her. I didn't notice anyone coming up on us until he spoke, making me pull back from shock. Turning around to face him I noticed he was robotic, just like One. It made me question him, was he a killing machine too? "We're just trying to help this wolf get to the water." If he wanted to kill us, I'm sure he would've done it by now.
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Character sheet

Post by sLy Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Sly could only wait for Arik to say something. He had exhausted everything. If he hadnt he would have called Arik much later. Though he should be thankful that he had spare time at this time of the day. Everyone else were either busy with missions or looking after Aiko.

Before he could ask Arik for his opinion on Mirage's riddles, a robot approached him. At first he thought it was One, but the armour was quite different. And it didnt have any plasma swords on its back. Sly huffed a sigh. Everyday seemed to be a constant reminder of his former team member and the day he left. For a brief moment he looked out at the mountains, wondering how One was doing at this time and if he had moved any cliser to achieving what he was looking for.

My name is Sly, he said, then patted Enigma. And this is Enigma, my...pet fawn. And this is Arik and Mirage, the wolf the mission talked about.

Mirage turned to stare at the robot before bounding to him. She gave him a sniff on his legs before looking up and sitting. Hey there! Are you lost too, cold one? My name is Mirage.
    Askyus
    Askyus

Male Posts : 66

Character sheet
    Character Name: Askyus
    Species: H-MM Prototype
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Post by Askyus Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Askyus paused in shock as Sly's wolf spoke to him. He looked at the wolf and said, "You're no no normal wolf, now, are you?". He looked at the two people, interested. Despite the strange pet, he couldn't lie to the travellers. "The nearest water source is Gahan lake." He said, "...Although some say it is haunted by the treasures beneath the surface, and is probably infested with bandits. There's a waterfall further, but it is a very long way.". He glanced back at the wolf. "I could take you to them, if you wanted."

If they did go to the lake, bandits would most certainly want to take the cargo he was ferrying in his backpack, but he didn't mind. He could handle himself, and Benjamin wouldn't mind if he was late. Apart from the wolf, one of them looked familiar, but he couldn't be sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:44 am