The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI OoC81
ROA

Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI

Leif
    Leif

Male Posts : 60

Character sheet
    Character Name: Leif
    Species: Human
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI Empty Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI

Post by Leif Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:53 pm

To start from the beginning (highly recommended if you haven’t already) go here.

In this lesson (the last part of Chapter 2) you’ll be learning how to use the center part of MagicaVoxel 0.98.  As promised in the last section, I’ll explain my reasoning behind skipping this part.  I found that it’s best to learn the essentials of the program before getting started, and if you knew how to use the middle part, you probably wouldn’t read the rest of the tutorial.

Open up the program if it isn’t already open.  As always, you’ll be greeted with the default screen.
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 111

We’ll be focusing on the sections shown below.
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 211

The two tabs in the top left, “Model” and “Render”, switch the main view between editing mode and viewing mode, also known as modeling and rendering mode.
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 311

The big long bar with the word “Name” in the center presents the name of the model that’s currently open.  Click it to rename your model.  There is a small button at the very right of this bar.  It will turn orange when changes are made to your model.  Click it to save your model.
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 411

The tab directly below “Model” and “Render” is titled “anim”.  We’ll be covering this in a later chapter, but as an overview, clicking on this will allow you to animate your model.
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 511

Near the lower right of the name bar is a text field with the word “Size” to the left of it and the letter “F” to the right.  The text field allows you to resize the canvas are of your model.  The maximum size is 126x126x126.  Put spaces in between numbers to separate them.  Type one number without spaces and hit “Enter” or “Return” on your keyboard to make all canvas dimensions that number.  The “F” to the right of the text field fits the canvas size to the current size of your model.
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 611

The large view in the middle, also known as the model view, is where you edit your model.  To edit your model, select a button from the sidebar directly to the left of it, such as “Attach”, “Erase”, or “Paint”.  The functions of these buttons are explained in the first part of Chapter 2.  To use the selected function, left click on a block in the model area.  If you right click and drag in the model view, the view will orbit around the center of the model.  If you orbit and explore the model area, you will see a green, blue, and red line.  The green line is the y axis, the blue line is the z axis, and the red line is the x axis.  The white lines surrounding the model are the canvas boundaries.
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 712

To the lower left of the model view are two buttons.  One looks like a camera and the other is the letter “A”.  The camera takes a screenshot of the current model view.  The “A” toggles the alpha channels of the screenshot (I’m not sure what this does yet).
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 811

The long black bar underneath the model view should have the word “console” on it if you aren’t hovering over anything.  This is the console.  Here, you can type in commands and see hints as to what buttons do.  Commands will be covered in a later chapter.
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 911

Under the right side of the model view are four buttons.  Each one corresponds to a different way to view the model.
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 1011
    Pers: perspective camera (perspective view)
    Free: free (perspective) camera (use W, A, S, D, Q, and E to move around)
    Orth: orthogonal camera (orthographic view)
    Iso: isometric camera (fixed orthographic view)

The very last part that this chapter will be covering is at the very lower right of the model view.  The two vertical buttons are camera views (I’m still working on figuring out how to use them).  The 3 boxed in the shape of a backwards “L” toggles the camera ruler (I’m still figuring out how units correspond to voxels).  The semi-circle with an arrow pointing to the middle resets the camera.  The yellow box to the right toggles the auto camera reset (still working on this too).
    Voxeling (2.3): Navigating the UI 1111

And that’s all for Chapter 2!  Chapter 3 will be coming soon (maybe?).

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 pm