The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

A Beacon of hope (RWBY) - Page 2 ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
A Beacon of hope (RWBY) - Page 2 OoC81
ROA

+5
F.U.R.
Minea
Miri
Harley
Dristan
9 posters

A Beacon of hope (RWBY)

Dristan
    Dristan

Male Posts : 36

A Beacon of hope (RWBY) - Page 2 Empty A Beacon of hope (RWBY)

Post by Dristan Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

"And it is with such, the staff and faculty of Beacon welcome you warmly our esteemed academy. Known far and wide for its illustrious efforts and gains, the Huntsmen and Huntresses of Beacon have.." Glenda Goodwitch followed through on her welcome speech, speaking each sentence coldly, but not emptily. Every word was filled the honor and duty of the Huntress. The perspective of justice that allowed her to keep her head held high when stating the historical credentials of those who have passed through the halls of Beacon and into the doors of history.

Still, it sounded as if she were naming a list of chores with each incredible battle, famed alumnus, and prodigious young man, woman, and otherwise that had brought the name of Beacon to the top.

"As we arrive to the doors of Beacon, it is expected of you all to act with the dignity required to attend this school. No horse play on the airship, no sparring, no absurd roughhousing, and no bothering the staff during their work. But of course, remember to enjoy yourselves. Thank you all for your attention. It will be approximately two hours before we land. That will be all".

--

The muddled crowd of to-be Hunters and Huntresses began to spread out into different directions depending on their course. Some began their instant mingling among friends or strangers, others broke off from the crowd on their own to seek solitary shelter, and others, namely a few stragglers, were left to themselves to stand awkwardly in the middle of the theater room with nobody to interact with.

As several of the groups flooded out the doors, it became heatedly clear what the current objective was: Find something to do.

With that in mind, each student found themselves with the struggle of doing just that.

-

Music listened to while writing:

Last edited by Dristan on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Orion

A Beacon of hope (RWBY) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Beacon of hope (RWBY)

Post by Orion Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:14 pm

The sudden darkness made Vanta feel relaxed. He then looked up to see what had blocked the light. It was a girl that was a bit taller then he was. Her silver hair glowed in the sunlight that she blocked and it made her stand out. He wasn't expecting anyone to approach him especially since he resembled a  "abandoned animal." He glared at the girl while she spoke. She was very open and friendly. Vanta was an introvert and preferred to be alone.

Trying not to be rude he opened his mouth to converse with the tall girl. He couldn't find any words to say. He shut his mouth and glared at her some more which created an awkward moment.

"Do I really look like an abandoned animal in this corner?"

Letting out a small laugh he bit his tongue to stop himself and he leaned against the wall.

"You call me a friend but this is the first time we're meeting each other."

He extended his hand for a hand shake as to secure a proper introduction.

"My names Vanta, and yours?"
    Allelujah
    Allelujah

Male Posts : 9

Post by Allelujah Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:04 pm

He could speak! Relieved, she reached her hand out to take his, subconsciously putting great force in her grip, her expression softened slightly when they made contact.

A soloist, huh?

A sigh of exhaustion left her mouth, and she slid her case off her shoulder, trying her best to simply lower it to the ground, but it still hit it with enough force to make an audible bang. A tint of red filled her face and a shaky laugh as she straightened it against the wall.

A confident stance and a smile saying 'moving on', she turned to her new friend, an awkward cough before speaking "I'm Alice, by the way."

Leaning herself against the wall, she slid down to take a seat next to Vanta, recalling his earlier comment, "It's better to waltz with someone, for however long, as a friend, rather than a stranger." Her voice was stoic and sincere, a shift in her usual tone. It was a fast reply, as if she had already come up with an answer beforehand, no, like she recited it from someone else but she hadn't known who.

Coming back to reality, Alice looked over to Vanta and his menacing atmosphere, ignoring it entirely, meeting it with innocent eyes. "So is this what you're into?" She commented with a soft laugh, gesturing around the entire space they sat in, "Sitting in the back of the ship away from your potential allies?" She asked, genuinely curious to hear his own answer for a reason she hadn't bothered to elaborate with herself on.
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

Female Posts : 324

Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

Post by Yuuki Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Onyx crossed her arms and leaned against the wall as she listened to Glynda Goodwitch welcome the to-be hunters and huntresses on board. Glynda Goodwitch, hm? One of the famed huntresses of Beacon Academy, and a staff member. She was just as cold as she was mentioned in the books. As the speech ended, the black-haired young woman pushed herself off of the wall to look around. It was big, but not very grand. Sleek, elegant, swift. Like a killing machine instead of a transport vehicle.

As her gaze swept throughout the room, she noticed that everyone was leaving. The majority was headed for the large balcony, while others headed to the cafe for a bite to eat. Huh, that sounded like a pretty good idea. She walked towards the cafe, many meeker students immediately leaping out of her way so as not to get trampled by the speed-walking girl.

She grabbed a water bottle, and headed back over to her usual spot. She could spot a few groups of students already out on the balcony, some laughing, one looking like she was being cornered. "Tch," Onyx scoffed under her breath, taking a swig of her water. "Weak." After a few seconds of hesitation, she pushed open the glass doors and walked out onto the balcony. For a few seconds, the raven stood there to appreciate the view from above. While she had been on an airship many times, she would never get tired of the beauty. They passed forests, small towns, and more industrialized cities. "Platonic harem--" she overheard from the group of 4 people right next to her. A harem? What the hell? What the fuck were they even talking about.... no, never mind. Onyx didn't want to know. Her golden gaze stared at the group. Two faunus, two humans. Onyx grumbled under her breath, adjusting one of the large blades criss-crossed on her back to make it more comfortable.
    Minea
    Minea

Female Posts : 551

Character sheet
    Character Name: Minea
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Minea Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:10 am

Troy, skip. Dristan, your up. ( Honestly i should've posted this sooner. A Beacon of hope (RWBY) - Page 2 592712900 Ya know. I feel like that emoji is like my signature emoji now. I use it so often.)
    Dristan
    Dristan

Male Posts : 36

Post by Dristan Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:30 am

"--Well... I suppose the view's nice, but that's about it for me".

"Harley. Harley Quinn".

~

"Well, miss Harley Quinn, it is very nice to meet you". With an archer's grace, Ginni rotated her upper forearm to clasp onto the young woman's in return greeting. She gripped with assertive intent, denying any sense of passive standing as well as blotting out any aggressive nature. Her grip firm and decorated by the callouses awarded through years of naturalized living which she had long been taken to as medals deeming work well worth itself.

"I have been examining this machine so thoroughly and I still have yet to grasp it.. But it doesn't exactly give off a feeling of safe bastion". Ginni released the stranger's arm and offered a caring smile. She exhaled through her nose, her full lips a little parted as she once again attempted to muddle out the ever-constant whir and vibrato of the inner working ship. "I don't think I'll ever grow accustomed to this. I was thinking about grabbing anything to eat. Would you like to join me, Harley Quinn?".

--

(OOC: Short posts are the best posts! I'll be posting small bursts in order to delegate my time to a faster topic).
    Minea
    Minea

Female Posts : 551

Character sheet
    Character Name: Minea
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Minea Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:48 am

Harley; Skip. Nebula: you're up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am