The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

A Harsh Love [Private: Asriel. Vymera can join if she wants] ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
A Harsh Love [Private: Asriel. Vymera can join if she wants] OoC81
ROA

4 posters

A Harsh Love [Private: Asriel. Vymera can join if she wants]

Bermuda

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Liana Daemon
    Species: Demon/Angel Hybrid
    Alignment : Lawful Evil

A Harsh Love [Private: Asriel. Vymera can join if she wants] Empty A Harsh Love [Private: Asriel. Vymera can join if she wants]

Post by Bermuda Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:49 am

Well, I haven't posted anything in a while, so it's high time I did something useful!

Oh wait, I'm breaking the fourth wall again, aren't I?

Darn you magic powahs!

With the goat child in her arms, Liana was walking through the barren landscapes of Cormere, or however the heck you say it. Her expression was blank, but if you had magic fourth wall breaking powers like she did, you'd know she was actually rather happy. For now, she finally had an excuse to go train Asriel to be a badass! Like his mommy!

Liana had also rather been busy watching comics lately, on her computer. So she had been filled with more determination than ever to make Asriel do stuff.

She set Asriel down, once they had gotten to literally the middle of nowhere, and said with a proud smile, placing her hands on her hips, "Alright, Asriel. I wanna see some magic fiah soul powah, so I am going to train you to be awesome. Like yo' mummy!" said Liana, but because she was kind of breaking the forth wall, Asriel probably had no idea what she was talking about.
    Jaks
    Jaks

Male Posts : 114

A Harsh Love [Private: Asriel. Vymera can join if she wants] Empty Re: A Harsh Love [Private: Asriel. Vymera can join if she wants]

Post by Jaks Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:35 am

Asriel was carried by his mother into a strangely open place. He looked around, and Liana said something very enthusiastically. The goat didn't understand her that well, but he could decipher this at the least. 'Show me your fire magic so I can teach you how to become awesome!' Asriel Got down, and and then fist pumped the air. "YEAH! I'M GOING TO BE SO DETERMINED THAT I SET THAT TREE ON FIRE!" He turned around towards a tree, and tried to shoot a fireball at it, but undershot, and set the tall dry grass underneath it on fire instead. He then just sorta awkwardly stared at the fire, that was burning viciously through the grass. "Whoops...." The goat replied in a very awkward fashion, due to his slight embarrassment.
    Bermuda

Character sheet

A Harsh Love [Private: Asriel. Vymera can join if she wants] Empty Re: A Harsh Love [Private: Asriel. Vymera can join if she wants]

Post by Bermuda Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:05 am

Even though Asriel was burning things, Liana clapped her hands together, giggling happily. "That's fine! Destruction is an art, that strong people use to make mean people feel bad!" she said, then picked Asriel up again, and took him somewhere without fire.

Setting him down, she would say, "Now, watch this, my precious cinnamon roll, as I set things on fire. With my MIND!" said Liana, then suddenly, a tree erupted into flames from seemingly nowhere. Liana than turned the tree into ash.

"That is much too advanced for you, though. So try to set these flying targets on fire..." Liana than summoned some white and red targets, which were floating from side to side in the air, in front of Asriel. "Try to shoot down as many as you can within three minutes!"
    Vymera
    Vymera

Female Posts : 26

Post by Vymera Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:46 pm

It was quite some distance from where her new 'home' was. For now, anywhere was better than the prison that Liana's associate had set up for her. Today was only one of the few days that she was permitted to walk freely around the world, though they would always be watching her. Any unnecessary trouble, they say, would only result in losing more of her freedom. It was then only natural that she would stay as far away from the place as possible whenever she was out.

Then again, what could she do after 'escaping'? Mostly to enjoy the quiet and peaceful landscape, to a place yet to be touched by human hands.

Other times, in probably one of the most rarest of events, she could see how her sister was coping. When they came into the castle, Vymera noticed that Liana was carrying with her a small goat child. An innocent child it seemed. Almost too innocent. His name was Asriel, she heard. She never really met him before, with their only contact was him colliding with her leg and snapping her from her daze. Vymera followed the path which she was confident Liana had taken with the child. It was like she had been walking forever. She wanted to fly, but that would expose herself to the eyes of the unknown that lurks within this area. No doubt she could defend herself, but collateral could extend to her own allies. Even to Liana.

Growing bored and yawning too frequently, Vymera decided to take out her small flute and played a few soft melodies, trying to keep it as quiet as possible. This flute, really, was her only safe connection from herself to the delicate minds of others, lest her voice would kill them. Just before she could play another tune, a tree near her erupted in flames and she nearly gasped, cringing and shielding her head in her arms. It couldn't have been her, could it? No it shouldn't be. The flute was a safe communication tool.

A second look and the tree had already reduced to a pile of ashes. She looked around and saw two figures, along with three floating objects. Liana and the goat child. Feeling herself elevated a bit, Vymera slowly approached them like a cautious child. She had yet to learn a welcoming tune with her flute, but it wouldn't hurt walking up to her like a fragile child.

On the outside at least...
    Jaks
    Jaks

Male Posts : 114

Post by Jaks Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:25 am

Asriel saw what Liana did and was awed. It seemed so great, so grand, and so, so AMAZING that he had to get stronger to be just like his mother. The exciting event filled the small goat with determination. He raised his arms and let out an adorable battle cry, that consisted of the phrase "RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWRRR!" and a flurry of flames going up into the sky. He didn't really try to hit the targets though, he just tried to set random crap on fire.
    When Asriel looked up to see the results, he smiled as all of the targets have been reduced to ash. Suddenly though, a bird came down in front of the mother and her oddity of a son. He looked down and examined the burnt bird. "Hey mom, what is this thing? I never saw it before... Can I poke it?" The tiny goat squatted down, and tried to sniff the bird, but all he could smell was weird burnt stuff.
    Bermuda

Character sheet

Post by Bermuda Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Fire! Destruction! Potatoes! Wait, potatoes? A potato fell from the sky, landing in front of Liana, followed by a burnt pigeon, or something. This caused her to stare down at the creature for a while, before Asriel took notice of it. It appeared that Asriel had completely demolished the targets into dust. Liana clapped her hands together, "Wonderful, my child!"

When Asriel asked what the thing was, Liana just shrugged, "Um, a bird, maybe? It looks like it got toasted." she said, summoning a stick out of nowhere, and poking the dead bird with a look of fascination.

Liana, too focused with the tiny thing that had fallen from the sky, had not yet noticed the familiar figure of her sister, Vymera, as she sung her song.
    Vymera
    Vymera

Post by Vymera Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:05 pm

It was just the two training, at least for the little goat child it was.

They both seemed happy. Happy over what they have killed or burned. Vymera stepped back a little, her legs starting to tremble. A warm rush went to her head and she almost doubled over. Happiness. She could never reach something so pure and... bright. Not with her own voice. Every time she wanted to express it, she ended up losing control of herself. They said they know how to make her happy. How to give her a "good time". They said all she had to do was obey.

She did. And instinct guided her to bite their hand, then bath in their blood if they slammed her head against a wall.

But for Liana, she did not feel that sort of need anymore. They weren't that well acquainted but her sister was soft. At first Vymera was paranoid, like she would flash a knife and stab her in revenge. But she was coming to accept her. They were all family now. It was useless to focus in the past. Though she was glad to have met Liana.

Vymera stepped forward, straightening her loose skirt and stepped forward. She bit the bottom of her lip, fighting off the urge to dart behind the nearest tree or run away. Her flute. That should keep her calm. She brandished the instrument forward and began to play. A gentle and rather uplifting short song, composed only by the world around her, not from a pen or her mind.
    Bermuda

Character sheet

Post by Bermuda Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:07 pm

Bumpidy bump
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Female Posts : 359

Character sheet
    Character Name: F.U.R.
    Species: Animal of a sort
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by F.U.R. Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:54 am

(Too lazy to switch)
    Asriel examined the bird. "Ok, what do we do now? I killed the targets, and this bird. Is there more I need to do?" The small goat then looked at the corpse a bit closer. He saw a small, blue glowing thing leaving it's body. He touched it, not really knowing what it was, as it then suddenly vanished. "Mom, what was the weird blue thing I poked?" He stood up straight then examined his arms and paws to see if it was anywhere else. Suddenly, he thought he heard something, a song, a sound. He poked his mother's arm though ignoring, because if he heard it she defiantly would.
    (Short post is short)
    Bermuda

Character sheet

Post by Bermuda Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:29 pm

Some dried leaves crunched quietly as Liana stood up, stretching, from her crouched position over the bird. Only now had she truly realized what a beautiful day it was outside. Birds were singing. Flowers were blooming. On days like these, kids like Asriel needed to be outside, enjoying the nice weather, and having a good time. She hardly heard what Asriel said, but responded with, "Probably a bird thing." she then looked down, tilting her head at the blue soul when it entered Asriel. Things like that don't just happen. Then again, this was Asriel she was talking about. The crazy, soulless, demon, flower, goat monster from her nightmares. Wait, wrong universe.

Shaking her head, Liana pet Asriel, speaking in a very philosophical tone so that Asriel would get confused an drop the subject."You see, nothing is real, Asriel. You may think what you just saw, well, just happened. But in fact, that is just your mind playing tricks on you. All that happened in the past is gone, it no longer exists, and your brain is just telling you it existed. But everything ahead of us doesn't exist, either. So how can we exist, when we live in the now. Since five seconds ago I said the future cannot occur, since the past does not exist. And if the past does not exist, how can we sit here and talk about it? Think about that. Or don't." Liana finished her conversation with a proud nod.

After her philosophical rant, she started to hear a quiet hum, and picked up her head, looking around. Sure enough, she located the source of the singing after a bit of simple flailing about, as Liana usually did. Summoning a puppy, she handed it to Asriel, as well as a plate of spaghetti, and teleported over to Vymera.

"Oh, hey Vy! You know, if you wanted to join us, you could have just asked," she said with a chuckle, and summoned a top hat to place on Vymera's head. She then pointed over to Asriel, "I was teaching him how to use his fire magic and stuff. Though he seems to understand the basics of it."
    Vymera
    Vymera

Post by Vymera Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:05 pm

She continued playing on her flute, without really paying attention if she had caught their attention or not. The music soothed her a bit, and she was immediately calm. At least she could do something to get people's attention without having them to suffer through her curse. Her song was guided by the singing birds and the gentle breeze, and a deep thought about the flowers about her and the trees. The piece was soft, gentle, stimulating. One could sleep with her music if they listened any longer.

Vymera played on until a shadow flashed above her. She looked up. It was some black circle that suddenly slammed on her head. Soft, but tight around her temples. Looking up meant it landed over her eyes. Dropping her flute, she swung her arms to her head and managed to get it off. A hat?

She turned to Liana and nodded. Ask? She could not do that. Not with the fear that somehow her voice could harm her sister. The goat child was here as well. Surely he was not immune. Sighing, she picked up her flute and wiped it with her fingers, the thin and soft appendages stained by dirt that she could only flick some off. Vymera ackniwledged her training the goat child and she walked up beside the twice. She stretched her long and bandaged wings, wincing a little when bruises woke here and there. The marks left on her by chains persisted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:41 am