The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Braving the crowds. (Open to all) ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Braving the crowds. (Open to all) OoC81
ROA

+6
Alyssa
Kuro
Quindaro
Griffin
Arik
Aran
10 posters

Braving the crowds. (Open to all)

Aran
    Aran

Male Posts : 59

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aran
    Species: Human
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Braving the crowds. (Open to all) Empty Braving the crowds. (Open to all)

Post by Aran Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:40 pm

"So many people... how is it even possible? It's only the morning, too! I hate crowds..."

Aran ducked low, trying to avoid the people as best he could. They were EVERYWHERE. On the streets, in cars, in windows, on bikes... it was freaking him out. He didn't like crowds, they could trample him when they stampeded, someone could pick-pocket him, stealing what little he had. He had come to the city to buy food, and to maybe get out of his solitude for a little while. He regretted it now.

"A park might have less people, but where would I find one? Can't turn into Stormflight. it would draw too much attention."

Maybe there was a map somewhere? He wasn't sure.Maybe there was someone he could ask for directions? That idea was not very appealing. Maybe there was a deserted alleyway where he could turn into Stormflight. He searchedaround, trying to find a place without so many people. The cafe on the corner seemed the perfect choice. Stepping inside nervously, he sat in a chair near the counter, for most of the booths were occupied, and the two that weren't had trash on them.

"May I take your order?"

A short, blond waitress appeared, making him jump.

"Uhh... c-c-coffee and a... a... a pancake?"

It appeared to be on the menu on the chalkboard up above... he hopedd it wasn't enormous though.
    Arik
    Arik

Male Posts : 83

Character sheet
    Character Name: Arik

Braving the crowds. (Open to all) Empty Re: Braving the crowds. (Open to all)

Post by Arik Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:38 am

I was sitting at the counter, a glass of water between my hands. I glanced towards the doors when someone walked in. It was a young man, who by the looks of it I had never seen. Focusing back on the water the man sat in the seat by me. Taking a breath a waitress served me my meal, a piece of ham with some wheat toast and some berries. Handing her some money I began to eat a few of the berries, glancing over at the other guy but not saying anything.
    Aran
    Aran

Character sheet

Post by Aran Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Aran waited nervously for his meal, glancing around worriedly. He lived in a shack away from civilization, with a view of the city in the distance, he was unused to people. Spotting the person next to him, Aran swallowed nervously, talking was not his strong suit.

"Er... hi..."

He had, of course mumbled. It was the sort of thing he did when talking to those he didn't know. When his food arrived, he fumbled for some cash to pay for his pancake, then looked at his meal, a little surprised. For this meal, the word huge was an understatement. It was like the Grandmother of all pancakes, except there were four, too. Maybe he could take some home. Picking up a fork, he nervously cut into the syrupy breakfast. It tasted good, But there was no way he could eat THIS much pancake in one go.
    Griffin
    Griffin

Male Posts : 271

Character sheet
    Character Name: Griffin
    Species: Synthetic

Post by Griffin Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:10 pm

One bleeped in triumph as a small brown coin-pouch, filled to the brim with shiny gold coins, was plopped into the palm of his metal hand. He had just finished a job, a well paying one at that. Now he was obtaining his reward of 8,632 coins. The man that stood in front of him eyed his clawed metal hand nervously, intimidated by their sharp points. One turned around, threw up his hood and kicked open the door that lead to the crowded streets outside. He slammed the door behind him and walked onto the sidewalk. He picked his way through the steady flow of people and decided to check the locations of his comrades. Maybe they needed some help with a job or something. Arik seemed to be in a cafe just a block from here. He supposed that he could check up on him. One eventually made it to the cafe. He pushed open the door and walked inside. Sure enough, the he was. He walked over to a chair next to Aran and sat down before taking off his hood.
    Arik
    Arik

Character sheet

Post by Arik Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:09 pm

I continued to eat my berries before the person next to me said hi. Slightly turning to him I said back, "Uh, hi." Maybe it would be nice to start a little decent conversation. Hearing the door open again I noticed One walk in, ever from under his cloak. He sat next to the person who said hi. I nodded at One in a hello before looking back at the guy. He seemed a little nervous here, I wondered why. It could've been just his personality, like mine, or maybe it could be more.
    Quindaro
    Quindaro

Male Posts : 80

Character sheet
    Character Name: Quindaro
    Alignment : True Neutral

Post by Quindaro Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:56 pm

Quindaro rode into town, his motorcycle hummed as he pulled into an alleyway. He'd been traveling since earlier in the morning, he needed to pick up some spare parts, yet he knew this was just an excuse to get out of Draconia HQ for a little while and grab some local coffee.

He covered his bike with a tarp, his VSS was left on the back of the motorcycle along with his G36C rifle. He knew it wasn't needed since he was just going for a bite to eat. Walking out into the crowd he had both hands in his pockets and walked with the natural flow of the crowd until he stumbled across a cafe. Smiling he walked into the place and took a seat down at the left end of the counter. "I'll have some french toast sticks with a mug of coffee please." he told the waitress, his smile was still present as he looked around the cafe, spotting a small group of people down further at the counter. "Hmm... crowd's sure in today." he sighed quietly to himself as he pulled his journal out and started listing a few things out that he needed today.
    Kuro
    Kuro

Female Posts : 24

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Species:
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kuro Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Seika shoved her hands into her jacket pocket as she trekked through the busy city. Her combat boots slammed loudly on the pavement, causing many pedestrians to glare at her annoyed, but Seika couldn't care less. Some even tried to tell her to quiet down. The nerve of those guys.... Seika had sent them packing with black eyes and a broken nose. Nobody told her what to do.

Damn, I'm thirsty.. haven't had anything to drink since morning. Deciding to head over to the small and kinda broken-down looking bar, she switched courses, and pushed open the door. A bell overhead rang softly, signaling her arrival. Warm and cozy, with a small fire blazing in the fireplace in the corner. Just the way she liked it. The familiar scents of two of her teammates hit her nose. One and Arik? Of course they'd be here. Well, it was actually a bit surprising to see Arik out and about away from his little emo corner bu t what did she know? Wasn't her business. She plopped down on the counter next to Arik. "One large firewhiskey," she ordered at the bartender, who scowled at the blunt and demanding tone.

He slid it across the counter, and Seika tossed him the correct amount of cash and opted for a large gulp of the liquid. "Ahh...." she sighed as the spicy drink slid down her throat. "That hits the spot..."
    Aran
    Aran

Character sheet

Post by Aran Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Aran was slightly becoming used to being around so many people. At least, he was alright eating his waffles around them.

"Wh-w-what's your n-name?"

Just then, a cloaked figure walked in, and sat right next to Aran. That was... creepy. Aran edged away from him a little, cloaks meant that whoever this person was, they didn't want to be seen. Or maybe not, because a moment later the person removed its hood reveal something he had never seen in real life: a robot. This was all getting a little worrying. Aran watched as the door opened again, and this time, it was a girl with long red hair. She seemed... the drink she had asked for sounded strong, (although he really had no idea.) and the bartenders scowl didn't seem to bother her. He had only eaten about half of the first pancake.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female Posts : 32

Character sheet
    Character Name: Alyssa Hayashi
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Post by Alyssa Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:04 pm

(I'm gonna assume it's a hot day, cuz of her outfit. XD)

Alyssa was out and about, cruising in her red convertible, her destination just up ahead. She just finished a day at the mall, her new clothes, shoes, and makeup ready to go into her wardrobes, and desperatly wanted a cold ice drink. As she drove her car into the parking space in front of the cafe, Lyss noticed many people staring at the car in awe. She quickly got out and locked it, walking in heels to the door. Just as she was going to open the door, a little girl with her hand in her mother's raised her head and called out, "I like your outfit," and beamed at Lyss. At this, the purple-haired girl glanced down at her clothes, which were a white tank top with frills, some short-shorts, and white, tall heels, and smiled back, "Thank you! I just bought these today!" After this, she went into the cafe and saw Seika (shocking she's in a cafe and not fighting), One, Arik, and another male. Walking to the counter, she sat next to Seika and waved hello. "One ice latte, please."
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:21 pm

One watched as Seika pushed past the door and stormed into the cafe like her usual, obnoxious self, then sat in the chair next to one and ordered a drink. Firewhiskey. Of course. Seika needed something fiery to match her temper. Ironically her magic was also fire. He began to question her alcohol tolerance.. He looked over at Aran and chuckled. Hey Arik, who's this? Is this your new boyfriend? He stuck his visor awfully close to Aran's face. I never knew you were gay.. Although, that would explain a lot...
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

Female Posts : 324

Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki

Post by Yuuki Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Seika ignored Alyssa, but still rolled her eyes. Was her outfit really that great? Too revealing. How could people even like those things? It looked waayyyy too uncomfortable to even fight in, so why bother? Shorts and a regular shirt were so much better. "Your outfit sucks," was all she said as she stuck her tongue out at her younger teammate.

Her ears perked in interest when One said "boyfriend". "Boyfriend?" Sh spun her chair to face One, the stranger, and Arik. "You have a boyfriend now? Never knew you swung that way.... but you always seemed rather in touch with your feminine side, what with those jeans and stuff.... Anyway, I never really pegged you as the dating type. When'd this happen?" She made a face at the new guy's stuttering. "Really, stop stuttering so goddamn much. Speak up, bro. I swear, you're even worse than Arik, and that's saying something. I'm Seika. Whaz your name? Did you know Arik snores in his sleep? Yeah, it's kinda funny. And he makes these strange grunting noises and whispers random stuff in his sleep and always cuddles with his pillows. One time, he kissed the pillow like in those romantic movies Alyssa always likes to watch. Like, straight up tongue action. The pillow was completely slobbered. It was disgusting, but completely hilarious at the same time. I recorded it. Total blackmail." She smirked at Arik. "I am never going to let you live it down." She took out her phone, waving it teasingly it in front of the black-haired man's face.
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Female Posts : 409

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon

Post by Aero Dynamic Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:19 pm

(To lazy and too much laughing to switch to Arik XD)

Arik was about to answer the man before he got interrupted by One. "What? We j-" He started, slightly going red before getting interrupted by Seika. He just looked weirdly at her. 'Femine side? Please.' He thought before listening to her finish. When she got to the sleeping part he gasped, but let her finish anyways. "First of all, I never recall doing that. And secondly, why were you watching me sleep? I'm pretty sure that goes against my privacy." He paused, crossing his arms. He hated the way his face felt hot. "Also, I literally just met the guy, so One, get out of his face. I don't even know his name, and I'm pretty sure you'd need at least that to actually want to date someone." Arik already knew his voice sounded angry, but he didn't care at the moment. Actually, he felt like he almost wanted to fight her, but that wasn't all him. He wouldn't want to attack his own teammate anyways, and it'd just end terrible for him.

(Dun car abut stoopid turd perrsun)
    Jaks
    Jaks

Male Posts : 114

Post by Jaks Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:27 am

Asriel skipped down the streets of town, his original plan to go back home. "Yeah! Sold all the trash I found! Now I ca- AHHH!" The goat was interrupted when he tripped over on a cobblestone. He closed his eyes when he feel smack on the ground. Lucky for him thought, he found a gold coin on the ground, and it was enough to buy his favorite food. Pancakes. The child grabbed it and rushed to the first restruant he saw, which was where all these other people were, which MUST mean it's good. Asriel jumped up, throwing half of his torso on the counter. "Pancakes please, here's my money!" He said while slowly sliding the money, with his eyes closed, trying to look cool. The waitress laughed a little and slid some nice warm pancakes in front of the child. He got up on a chair with much effort and began to dig in. Once he remembered what Liana said about table edicate, he stopped wolfing down his pancakes, turned left, and greeted everybody! "Hello people! Hello metton!"
    (Asriel is on the FAAAAARRR right of everybody, but is still sitting next to them.)
    Killian
    Killian

Male Posts : 74

Character sheet
    Character Name: Killian Timere
    Species: Damphir
    Alignment : Chaotic Good

Post by Killian Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:54 am

Killian had been watching the streets from a rooftop. He wondered if he should be Robin Hood today, or just pick a fight. He decided to be Robin Hood. He looked at the street and looked for some rich people. If they looked like bad people he would rob them. If they looked good, they're safe. Killian spotted a man. He was in bright yellow clothing. He had a cigar hanging out of his mouth and he had rings on each finger. He also had thee gold necklaces, a monocle, golden cane, and had two servants behind him. Killian could tell they were servants by the way the walked behind him and acted. Killian jumped into the alley beside the building he was on. He waited for the man to pass it. As he did Killian lunged out and punched the man in the face. The man was out cold before he hit the ground. The servants, who now looked much bigger, tried to his Killian. Killian smiled and caught their fists. He crushed the bones in their hands and flung their own fists back into their own faces. They went back a few steps and Killian kicked one in the stomach, while grabbing the others hair and throwing him onto the ground. Killian walked back to the man. Killian realized the scene he had just caused. He searched the man and found two wallets he grabbed the items in the wallets and threw them in the street, but kept 1/3 of the money. Killian climbed up a building and looked for a place to hide.
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:17 pm

One lifted his face away from Aran's. You never denied you were gay. He looked at Seika. At least I can do it good. He parted his visor and let his tongue snake out, chuckling mischievously. He watched as Asriel walked in through the door and ordered a plate of pancakes. He clicked curiously as he began wolfing down the pancakes like a hungry animal. One sighed as the goat-child called him 'mettaton'. For the last time kid. My name isn't Mettaton. It's One. Like the number.
    Aran
    Aran

Character sheet

Post by Aran Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:30 pm

Aran was getting really worried now. The robot was now way too close to Aran for comfort, and he edged away a little. Were they teasing the other person, whose name seemed to be Arik? He wasn't sure.

"I-I'm Aran..."

Now Seika was waving a phone in Arik's face, saying something about pillows an blackmail. Aran was tempted to change forms, maybe escape. He stopped listening to Arik, who was trying to defend himself, and watched a scene from not to far away, where one person seemed to be robbing some rich guy. At least the robot was out of his face. Wait, had the robot flicked a reptilian tongue at him? That had freaked him out. Did that mean he was a cyborg or something? He glanced at the newest person who had sat near them. She hadn't said anything yet. He liked her outfit though, it was nice. Out of the corner of his eye, Arik noticed a... goat? Eating pancakes? This city was crazy.
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

Female Posts : 324

Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki

Post by Yuuki Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Seika just simply stuck her tongue out at Arik like the mature person she was. "Please," she scoffed and took a sip of her drink, waving a hand dismissively. "Your door was open, and I happened to walk by, and well..... I recorded it cuz it was way too good of an opportunity to pass up." She shrugged, pocketing her phone. "Meh, you do whatever you want, Arik." She eyed the little goat child as it--he?--walked past and hopped on the stool, trying to act cool. "Mettaton?" she raised an eyebrow at One, but then made a noise of disgust when One's tongue randomly slid out from his parted visor. "Ok, disgusting, I did not need to see your tongue. That's where your tongue even comes out though!? Shit, man! Who designed you to have a tongue there!?" She didn't wait for a reply, but hopped off of the stool and over to Aran, and without his permission grabbed his hand in a death grip and shook it roughly. "Nice ta meetcha Aran!"
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:40 pm

I don't know. Somebody who wanted to have a robot french kiss them or something. One huffed and leaned back in the chair, resting his feet on the counter and placing his arms behind his head. Or even better; Australian kiss them. Unfortunately they uploaded a consciousness into me so now if they try to do something like that with me I'll cut their balls off. He shrugged. Or shove a plasma sword up their vagina. Depends. When Seika questioned 'Mettaton', he sighed. I think the kid is mistaking me for some other robot..
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female Posts : 32

Character sheet
    Character Name: Alyssa Hayashi

Post by Alyssa Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Alyssa rolled her eyes at Seika, "That's cause you've got NO fashion sense. You literally wear the same damn outfit every single day. Don't you do your laundry?" She blinked once and turned back to the bartender as her drink was set in front of her. She paid him the price and then practically gulped down the beverage. As a new kid sat close to her, she gave a small wave before turning back to One, "Calm down. He's just a kid. And Seika, your gonna kill Aran's hand. Either that, or he's not gonna have any blood flowing through..." She smiled brightly before introducing herself to the Aran, "Hey, Aran! What's up? I'm Alyssa, it's good to meet you!"
    Killian
    Killian

Male Posts : 74

Character sheet
    Character Name: Killian Timere
    Species: Damphir
    Alignment : Chaotic Good

Post by Killian Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:53 am

Killian saw as the bodygaurds picked up their charge and looked around and took him away. Killian waited a full minute before jumping down from the building and running into a cafe near the building. Killian stopped running as he opened the doors. He jumped into the closest booth to the door. He glance around and saw a bunch of odd people. Killian kept his eye on them, as they were the biggest threat to him. But he relaxed physically.
    Arik
    Arik

Character sheet

Post by Arik Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Arik growled back at One, "Just because I didn't deny it, doesn't mean I am." His growl may have sounded a little unhuman. He then turned his attention back to Seika. "And that still isn't a valid reason to do that." Arik put a mental note to take her phone sometime, although he was unsure of how. He just crossed his arms and let everyone else talk. After One spoke he mumbled, "I don't know who would ever want to kiss your ugly..." He stopped himself and looked at the door just in time to see someone else walk in. Looking back at his teammates he wondered how everyone ended up in the same place.
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:48 pm

One snapped at Arik, ticking angrily and making a sound that almost sounded like a broken fan. Says the emo who can't get laid. He stuck his face in Arik's and hissed.
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Arik stared back at him and narrowed his eyes. "And who says I can't?" His face looked serious while he already had a feeling of what was going to happen next. Nothing good could come from it. Well, that wasn't all true. He was totally focused on One right now, ignoring his surroundings. Even all of the other noises died off.

(Sorry I HAD to reply)
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:03 pm

One thrust his face even closer to Arik's until his visor was pressing against his forehead. Nobody's gonna tap that. At least I have Kes.
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:10 pm

He just glared back into his faceless face. "To bad nobody can tap you. And who's to say she even likes you, there's probably some real person she likes better." He said, a slight grin on his face. Still, even though he told himself not to, he continued to press on this matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:47 am