The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I) ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I) OoC81
ROA

+3
Isabelle
Minea
F.U.R.
7 posters

Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I)

F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Female Posts : 359

Character sheet
    Character Name: F.U.R.
    Species: Animal of a sort
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I) Empty Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I)

Post by F.U.R. Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:19 am

Okie, not to be rude or pushy, but we need to more thoroughly look over character sheets. I took the time to read it myself and some things are too OP. To be quiet frank, I don't know how many "OP" people we've accepted already. Sure it's ok if everybody else is that OP, but they are clearly not. For example, the train bench pressing. Seeing that as a strength, it appears that in battle you can break bones with one simple poke. I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't want 101 OP babies running around the forum. Also there are differences between "Special Abilities" and "Normal Attacks". A "Special Ability" is a more powerful complex move that requires more strength and skill than a normal attack, so maybe if you go through and make that clear. Oh, and the hypnosis thingie seems too OP too. You could simply order them to kill themselves and it's over for them, so you should fix that. That's all I'm picking out for now, express other concerns below, please respond and staff. PLEASE DO NOT ACCEPT A CHRACTER SHEET WITHOUT READING IT. IF YOU DON'T KNOW IF IT'S OP OR NOT PLEASE CONTACT OTHER STAFF MEMBERS AND DECIDE. I find that we had 2 people accept a character this OP concerning, and it shouldn't happen again. Also, if you argue that this is acceptable, then you can at least give all previous characters rights to add in some OP powers of their own. To be quiet honest, I think this character would stand match for arkeous. That says a lot. Anyways, that's really all for now, so yeah.
    Minea
    Minea

Female Posts : 551

Character sheet
    Character Name: Minea
    Species: Human
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I) Empty Re: Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I)

Post by Minea Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:31 am

CALM DOWN THERE GIRL! (Or whatever gender you are at the moment.) I think that he is a little OP, but there's no reason to make a big scene. I know I probably don't have any room to talk here because I'm just a normal member, but I'd like to voice my opinion. I think he has too many special abilities. ( don't care if you put them in strengths I'm still calling them special abilities 'cause I don't know what else to call them.) I think I counted about 16 when I checked. I say the number needs to be cut down to something more reasonable. With the hipnotise-y thing-y I don't think it's too much of a big deal. Yes he could, in theory do that, but it's not like he will and even if he does the moderators and admins would have something to say about it. Maybe to try and compromise he should just day certain limits or something, like he can't force tem to kill themselves. That way he can still have his ability, but he won't be the way super OP thing that you see him to be. Hope I'm not intruding or being rude in matters where I'm not welcome, and I apologize if I am. Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I) 1726808667
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Character sheet

Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I) Empty Re: Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I)

Post by F.U.R. Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:58 pm

bump
    Isabelle
    Isabelle

Female Posts : 104

Character sheet
    Character Name: Isabelle Moon (문 이사벨)
    Species: Human-Cat Shifter

Post by Isabelle Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Why dont you go beef on a robot who is immortal and has no weaknesses or a monkey boy who can desolate mountains and go into demon mode
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Female Posts : 409

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Post by Aero Dynamic Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:39 pm

We will be revising all of the character sheets and taking some out to be revised. Hopefully this will solve the problem so that no more fighting will occur. We are also making sure that new characters will fit within limits.
    ~Areo
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Character sheet

Post by F.U.R. Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:48 am

Dawn wrote:Why don't you go beef on a robot who is immortal and has no weaknesses or a monkey boy who can desolate mountains and go into demon mode
    I'm not because on our old website Oak Hollow we already sorted them out. This is a now chracter made here, so I will do what I can to prevent the rise of the OP babies.

We will be revising all of the character sheets and taking some out to be revised. Hopefully this will solve the problem so that no more fighting will occur. We are also making sure that new characters will fit within limits.
    ~Areo

Thank you Areo. I appreciate your help.
    Akreious
    Akreious

Male Posts : 229

Character sheet
    Character Name: Ariko Uszuniragi
    Species: Saiyan
    Alignment : Chaotic Good

Post by Akreious Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:54 pm

If you're quoting me, all I have to say is, no.

I've given this not OP speech almost 11 times already and I'll do it again. I've put a weakness in my tail and grabbing it will paralyze him, FOR A REASON. If you wonder how I was able to dodge Liana, if she cut off my tail, I'd have little to no weaknesses.

The problem with Oak Hollows was, there was little to no freedom. Now Ariko never literally busted a mountain (Say for OOC chat Roleplays), Godzilla never busted a planet, and Yuuki never obliterated a City.

My example would be, if we allowed Bruce Lee Vs the average Joe, chances are, Bruce Lee is gonna win. Look at Ariko, I've traded 99% of intelligence and an extremely unbalanced weakness to even out my OP. And his stats aren't really that OP anyways right now.

Likewise, non OP characters will, chances are, barely have a chance against full combat designed characters. OP with a purpose if you will, Like One. He's a Assasination, Combat stealth drone, for that reason he is able to teleport yet able to fight very quickly, hence why he's an Assination (Plasma blades), Combat (Quick reaction), stealth (cloak) drone. Ariko's a martial artist, hence why he's a master at full head on battles, with a quick reaction time.

With the Hypnosis, the one I read over, it's the type to extract information, not able to kill someone with. I'm not allowing hypnosis that can tell someone to kill themselves, just no. I know what type of OP to allow or not.

And I have you know I read all of the apps I approve! Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I) 642446199
    It's better than Oak Hollows where we accepted literal gods and immortal vampires.
    Bermuda

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Liana Daemon
    Species: Demon/Angel Hybrid
    Alignment : Lawful Evil

Post by Bermuda Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:30 am

Well, characters have been revised and appropriately moved to waiting until they are to be reaccepted. If one of your characters ends up in the waiting, ask an admin or moderator why they are in the waiting after being approved, and we shall explain what you need to remove or weaken.
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Character sheet

Post by F.U.R. Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:24 pm

Akreious wrote:If you're quoting me, all I have to say is, no.

I've given this not OP speech almost 11 times already and I'll do it again. I've put a weakness in my tail and grabbing it will paralyze him, FOR A REASON. If you wonder how I was able to dodge Liana, if she cut off my tail, I'd have little to no weaknesses.

The problem with Oak Hollows was, there was little to no freedom. Now Ariko never literally busted a mountain (Say for OOC chat Roleplays), Godzilla never busted a planet, and Yuuki never obliterated a City.

My example would be, if we allowed Bruce Lee Vs the average Joe, chances are, Bruce Lee is gonna win. Look at Ariko, I've traded 99% of intelligence and an extremely unbalanced weakness to even out my OP. And his stats aren't really that OP anyways right now.

Likewise, non OP characters will, chances are, barely have a chance against full combat designed characters. OP with a purpose if you will, Like One. He's a Assasination, Combat stealth drone, for that reason he is able to teleport yet able to fight very quickly, hence why he's an Assination (Plasma blades), Combat (Quick reaction), stealth (cloak) drone. Ariko's a martial artist, hence why he's a master at full head on battles, with a quick reaction time.

With the Hypnosis, the one I read over, it's the type to extract information, not able to kill someone with. I'm not allowing hypnosis that can tell someone to kill themselves, just no. I know what type of OP to allow or not.

And I have you know I read all of the apps I approve! Killian Topic 2 (bc I can't edit the original or unlovk it :I) 642446199
    It's better than Oak Hollows where we accepted literal gods and immortal vampires.

That's good the Arke! There is no problem and I am sorry that you feel that you have been picked out. My point is we can't have new people be too OP because the old people who made their characters average will become weak. My Opinion is, we are harsher on judging the new members or we let old members add on some new powers to their character.

That's the simple message I'm trying to send I mean not to point anybody out!
    Akreious
    Akreious

Character sheet

Post by Akreious Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Yeah that makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, I admit were a little too lenient on the newer members, because the older members we know we can trust. Then yeah I'd agree with you ^_^

P.S. Can I move the apps we approved previously? Due to this, a LOT of older members was unapproved because they were "OP" and generally caused a headache to manage.
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Character sheet

Post by F.U.R. Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:44 am

Thank you for understanding!
    For the second one, I believe so since your an admin. Have a nice day! ^w^
    Isabelle
    Isabelle

Female Posts : 104

Character sheet
    Character Name: Isabelle Moon (문 이사벨)
    Species: Human-Cat Shifter

Post by Isabelle Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:59 am

@Akreious I never really believed you were op, just everyone else called you op so i was like yeah sure

IM HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY
    Akreious
    Akreious

Character sheet

Post by Akreious Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Haha I understand Dawn. I went along with it and raged/ranted my way through the "OP" thing. It's a sort of tradition we have ^_^
    Jaks
    Jaks

Male Posts : 114

Post by Jaks Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:28 am

OH, ok XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:18 pm