The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Sting and Frosty ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Sting and Frosty OoC81
ROA

2 posters

Sting and Frosty

Aiko
    Aiko

Female Posts : 94

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aiko Papyrus Kaijin
    Species: Neko
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Sting and Frosty Empty Sting and Frosty

Post by Aiko Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:08 pm

I am making sure the mech. suit is approved before I recreate Aiko. :)
    Sting and Frosty Mecha_3_by_daa_truth-d1im2v2
    Sting and Frosty Real-Handmade-Black-Japanese-Ninja-Katana-Tungsten-Adsorb-Blade-Sword-Razor-Sharp-On-Sale-b7

Character name: Aiko Papyrus Kaijin
    Link: http://www.intothebeyond.org/t661-aiko-papyrus-kaijin-wip#5400

Name: The sword is Sting. The armor is Frosty.
    Type: Armor and weapon at the same time.
    Appearance: Frosty is a mechanical suit that Aiko owns for mission purposes. It is a comfy fit on Aiko, the type of thing that is for one person and that person only. It won't suit anyone else (well, they won't be able to use the suit's full power even if they're skilled in technology and combat) unless Aiko has a secret twin or whatever. It is white and grey with some bits of black on creases or ridges in the metal. The suit provides a more masculine figure instead of feminine. There is also a visible pocket that protrudes from the waist, long and thin. This is for Aiko's tail, which isn't included in the photo above. It has a small black cape as well, with some foreign writing in black here and there. The picture above describes it better.

The sword, Sting, attached behind the waist of the suit is made of dark metal. It has a black and red hilt and case. Even some red is spotted in the blade itself. It is fairly long, about 2.5 ft..

Materials:

Armor: Titanium

Sword: Tungsten

Thickness: Frosty is built for protection. It can shield against fire for 2 posts before the metal and system begins to overheat. After 5 posts and still subject to flame, Frosty will no longer be able to work and Aiko will either have to get out or stay in if the threat isn't too great. Frosty is weaker while turned off though, so Aiko will still be in danger if she stays in the suit rather than get out. Overall? 1 through 10? Frosty is an 8.
    Purpose: Aiko's armor is full-body. It is used for protection and combat.

The sword is Aiko's one and only weapon used for close-combat. It goes with the suit, but it is detachable so she carries it around wherever she goes. She relies on the weapon's sharpness itself to protect her from hostilities and creeps, although coming from the situation unscathed also depends on her skills.

Abilities: The armor itself has no magic to it, but rather technology. Whenever Aiko wears it into a battle or mission, she always makes sure her sword is present. Although it came with the suit when the neko first got it, it isn't really an ability that came with it. It has no enchantments, so you can just use it like a normal sword.

The armor itself has one arm that can have its hand turned into a cannon. The cannon fires thick purple blasts (impact rounds) that can sail to 20 ft. away and explodes on impact. The rockets can fire to 45 mph. You'd expect it to start a fire, but it doesn't. Just, POOF, small explosion! Yeah, it's not all that huge. The explosion gets to about 2-ft. wide and 3-ft. tall. It can cause a burn or stinging to the opponent, but not enough to hurt them fatally in a single hit. The shots fired depends on Aiko's choice, but the most at one time (or a combo) can go to 3 at most. So, Aiko can fire 3 shots a post if she wants to, but this results her in being unable to shoot for 5 posts. But of course this can be jumbled up. 2 shoots in a post? She can add another hit to the next if she wants, but it'll take 5 posts for her to get another shot. The cannon will be pretty heated up. The most Aiko can fire in one topic is 12,  but at that point Frosty will be overheated and no shots will be fired for the rest of the topic. If Aiko just fires one blast in one post, Frosty doesn't automatically cool down-- she still has two shots until she has to wait five posts. All together in a combo the blasts are a force to be reckoned with, but Aiko prefers to save bullets. Frosty doesn't have an automatic targeting system-- it has to be manually operated by Aiko. She has to put the dot exactly where she wants to shoot.

Frosty also allows Aiko to fly. It has jets on the bottom side of its feet that can be switched on and off. It starts off slow, at a mere hover, but then it can go to a maximum speed of 92 mph. It slows down after a minute of flight (a post) and after another post, it will be at a simple speed of 70 mph. It will gradually get slower until it gets to a complete stop, losing 15 miles each post.

Energy Cost: Flight takes 15% from Frosty. Blasts take 35%.
    Limitations/Weaknesses: Sting is tough, but even it has its limits. It's pretty heavy to Aiko, and it takes a lot of her strength to lift and swing it. This also makes it hard for her to hold it up to block. She will be vulnerable to any attacks while doing so.

Frosty is weakened in electric storms and rain. It cannot fly at all, but if the weather allows it, it will go to a maximum of 30 mph. Blasts fired in storms will be sizzled and dissolved to nothing before they hit their target, making them useless. Also, duh, lightning!! It will be attracted to Frosty! Aiko will be in critical danger if she's inside it in a storm. It wasn't advised to her to use it in harsh weather, but she will if she must, or if she decides to go with with the saying "curiosity kills the cat". It also doesn't blend well in surroundings unless they're snowy or wintry, so don't think about sending Aiko off on a mission where she has to be sneaky. Frosty is also pretty weak when it is turned off.

Cost: Sting costs $750. Frosty costs $16,000.

Last edited by Aiko on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:14 am; edited 7 times in total
    Cedric
    Cedric

Male Posts : 92

Character sheet
    Character Name: Cedric
    Species: Paradigm
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Sting and Frosty Empty Re: Sting and Frosty

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:20 am

Hey Aiko~

I myself love Mobile Suits, so when I saw this I had to fall in love with it.

However, I'm going to nitpick, just a tad. What kind of explosion is it? How many times over how many posts can it shoot? Does it have different rounds? The original speed of your suit is just a bit over basic freeway speed- which I'll go ahead and say 90 -So maybe we can curb that just a tad? I like how the speed degrades, though- very good way of downing that enough for use.

All in all, if you have questions or comments, you can reach any of the admins through skype or PM.

-Cedric Vael
    Aiko
    Aiko

Character sheet

Post by Aiko Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:51 am

Thanks Cedric~! I finished it! I'm not good with prices, or percentages, so if the Price and Energy Cost isn't all that great or accurate pls tell me! I editted everything you asked me to. Do I need to edit it more?
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:34 am

Aiko

I've been told (Since I'm still learning and such, I apologize if this is inconvenient) that you need to actually BUY your armor. Currently your account only has 10,000 in it, but you can work through missions and RP to gain access to more money.

Secondly, Plasma is an event item. I'm going to go ahead and suggest Impact rounds, which use sound and flashbangs to create the same fire-less explosion you're wanting to create. As for the rockets, their max speed should be about 45- which is on par with rockets in real life that don't have the jet systems. This makes it to where they can be avoided by the character- and I don't suggest using heat-seeking target systems as that's border-line event character level.

However, there's good news! If you wish to buy the Tungsten sword for your character, you have enough funding to do so. Since it has no special enchantments, the incredibly dense material is perfectly okay with Admin approval.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience with your armor, but I genuinely say that with these changes, you can do a few missions to gain the money to acquire it after.

Thank you for your time

Cedric Vael
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:37 am

(Also, your pricing is good. Just, that's the price it'd be without plasma. Plasma would skyrocket the costs, and then I'd have to unapprove the pricing and cost)
    Aiko
    Aiko

Character sheet

Post by Aiko Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:57 am

Gotcha! I wasn't aware of the plasma thing which I apologize for, and I took your suggestion and made it impact rounds. I added to where Frosty doesn't have an automatic targeting system and it has to be manually controlled. The rocket speed was added and can go to 45 mph.. As for the pricing? Cool! I'm okay with that, that just makes me more excited :3 Sorry about all those errors and misunderstandings.
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:25 am

Awesome. I appreciate your cooperation, and I can deduct the 750$ from your account now for Sting, if you want.

When you come back to buy Frosty, he's approved as well. Just gotta buy them both <3
    Aiko
    Aiko

Character sheet

Post by Aiko Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:02 am

Thanks! Yea, I'd like to buy Sting now pls <3
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:04 am

Alright, I'll deduct the 750$ from your currency now, and feel free to use Sting in RP
    Cedric
    Cedric

Character sheet

Post by Cedric Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:08 am

Also, since Tungsten has to be super alloy'd to be awesome- I'll just go ahead right here and say that it's a Tungsten alloy so that it can retain strength
    Aiko
    Aiko

Character sheet

Post by Aiko Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:16 am

Gotcha. So Sting remains strong! I still added a weakness though, so it won't be all-powerful. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 pm