The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Plot Contest ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Plot Contest OoC81
ROA

+2
Irkosu
Aero Dynamic
6 posters

Plot Contest

Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Female Posts : 409

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Plot Contest Empty Plot Contest

Post by Aero Dynamic Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Hello members of TB,

In honor of getting this site back up and running, the staff will be holding a contest for the best plot idea. The plot idea that gets chosen will be made an official plot for the site along with a few other prizes. Here are a few rules you are expected to follow when doing this. Most off all, we hope that you are creative and have fun with this.

To join just post your plot idea below! The contest will end on August 4th at 12:00 PM PST. After that all of the entries will be judged by the staff and the top three will be picked. The judging will take no longer than August 8th.

RULES

1. No copying. You can have similar ideas but no outright copying. I don't want anyone fighting on stolen ideas.
    2. Make it able for most characters. Don't have it totally based around a few characters or groups. Make it something everyone can join!
    3. One entry per person. We want everyone to be able to have an idea and not for one person to spout them all.
    4. Don't be mad and complain if you don't win. No one likes a sore looser.
    5. No more entries will be accepted after August 1st.
    6. Have fun!

PRIZES

1st - Plot is made an Official Plot RP
    Ability to create a guild or $25,000
    Custom title

2nd - $10,000
    Custom title

3rd - $5,000

ENTRIES

Irkosu:

Last edited by Aero Dynamic on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Irkosu
    Irkosu
    The Ivory Queen

Female Posts : 40

Plot Contest Empty Re: Plot Contest

Post by Irkosu Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:41 am

Okay so this plot is huge, and has, so far, three parts. It's more of a story-line, really. But whatever.

Phase 1: The Beginning. (Such an original and creative name.)

This is basically a prelude for what is to come. Basically, three temples are found on a smaller continent, away from the mainland. Each temple to an old god. They are located in relatively extensive ruins. Characters on the site can sign up for multiple missions to explore or loot the ruins. However, in one mission, the area is disturbed. Earthquakes and storms wreck havoc on the land, and for several months, no one can access the temple. Also research is done on several artifacts, which detail how the temples were to gods who really hated each other and almost destroyed the Earth by fighting too much, so they were defeated. But it is confusing and vague.

Please note: This is just the setup, most of the stuff here is side information that might be mentioned IC. Some role-plays, specifically mission rps, might take place at the site itself, but nothing of importance happens until phase two. Speaking of which:

Phase 2: The Middle (The originality levels are off the charts for this title.)

Turns out all the activity has disturbed creatures locked far below the earth in the most original plot twist the world has ever seen. The storms and stuff have been at a standstill for several weeks, and several lucky characters on a mission to the temple are caught up in a fabulous and epic battle between the three gods who had been locked up in which several NPCs are killed. After a stalemate, the gods. Eon, Malice, and Surge, take over Xastristan (Surge), Minoura (Malice), and Meirie, (Eon). Then they start a war, taking over more territory and using the military power of each country to fend off the rival gods. Some join an army for protection, others try to avoid the gods, as well as the massive number of natural disasters they cause when they themselves fight. The land is torn to pieces and many cities are ruined. Eventually, after a long IC time, the gods are defeated and sealed away again.

Phase 3: The End (If this title is not a true glimpse of pure imagination, IDK what is.)

The gods may have been defeated, but there is still anarchy in places where the gods once ruled. The land itself has been torn to shreds, and many cities are left in ruins. The gods can always be summoned again, meaning that the world is still threatened. But other than that, everything is mostly fine.

YAY! So that's it, then, my entry for the plot contest.
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Contest has been extended to Thursday August 4th. Keep joining everyone!
    Anonymous51
    Anonymous51

Male Posts : 92

Post by Anonymous51 Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:13 pm

pPlot
    Phase One: Give Shu his color
    Phase Two: Shu steals pillows and gets a bounty
    Phase Three: Shu gets owner/parent
    Phase Four: Shu gets milk and cookies and doesn't murder everyone <3
    Minea
    Minea

Female Posts : 551

Character sheet
    Character Name: Minea
    Species: Human
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Minea Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:57 pm

A curse has been cast onto the beyond and now all of it's members are sent into a pocket dimension that takes the form of an endless maze. In this maze they must do two things:

1. Survive
    There are things called corpse-hoppers, which are beings of pure magic created by the curse. In order to have a physical form they need to posses a corpse. While they are possessing this corpse they have a few powers to enable them to kill whoever wanders the maze and take their body before their current one decays. They can feel no pain and suffer no stamina loss due to the nature of their host's body.

They fight using the blood of the corpse, which they have turned into a highly acidic substance that will burn you if it makes contact with your body. When they do this, the blood comes out of their body in long strands. They can control how long these strands are and how thick they are, but they only have however much blood is in the corpse to use. As a result, if they want to make something longer they may have to make it thinner, or if they want to make it longer and stay the same width, they'll have to sacrifice a strand somewhere else. If one of these strands is disconnected from the body for a few seconds, then the body will be unable to regain control over it. They are also able to use the bones in their bodies as weapons such as breaking the bones in fingers to splinter them and as they stick out of the body like long bone claws. When they create these claws their Acidic blood drips over them or can be thrown in droplets. They can also use other full bones as held weapons.

In order to defeat these foes one must destroy the body that it is possessing, ridding it of it's physical form. Know, that this may be harder then you might think, as a simple bullet to the brain won't do anything. They'll just continue attack you like nothing ever happened. You'll have to render the body unusable somehow.

2. Face their fears
    In this maze, there are rooms that hold someone's greatest fear. There is no avoiding it. The maze has a way of getting want it wants, but it's okay. If you are able to enter this room and deal with your greatest fear, then you will get a small spell circle on one of your hands. If not, then you will die. Now, you don't have to overcome or conquer you fear, you simply have to face it and not allow it to consume you. Whether you do this by yourself or by help from your companions doesn't matter. As long as you do it, you'll get the symbol. These rooms are not like normal rooms and can take the form of whatever they need and hold whatever they inside of it, whether it be a vast ocean or someone who had perished long ago. The room can be as big or small as it needs to be, possibly not appearing as a room but maybe even a landscape, city, county, house, etc. This room it's it's own little world made especially for the maker, aka the one who the room was created for. The only limit to what the room can create is the limit of the maker's mind. Everyone can see what lies within the room, interact with whatever may be in the room, and easily enter the room. However an exit will not present itself until the person has either passed the test or died from it. It will always appear as a dark, wooden door and will spawn near the maker of the room. If there's a wall nearby it will spawn on the wall, and if not it will appear out in the open, where it acts a portal back to the maze. Once a room has been left, it is locked and can never be entered again. The entrances to the rooms look just the same as the exit doors and spawn at a dead end on the hedge blocking someone's path. When they exit the room they come out in a random place in the maze, giving them a new path to go down. When everyone has the symbol on their hand, they will be returned to the beyond and the curse will be lifted from their land. The maze, however will go on in it's existence, claiming other lands near and far, reachable and unreachable from the beyond for all of eternity.
    Anonymous51
    Anonymous51

Post by Anonymous51 Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:13 am

So when are winners announced?
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:02 am

The staff and I have discussed the winners, and because of the amount of entries the prizes are going to be 1st place with an entry prize of $2,500 for everyone else.

1st Place - Minea
    Congrats, you now get to have your plot RPed! Whenever you're ready just start the topic.
    With the last two prizes just PM Aero with your decisions.

Irkosu and Shudaar, thanks for entering!
    For your entries you both will be receiving $2,500.

Thanks to everyone for joining, and make sure to join us next time!
    ~TB Staff
    Anonymous51
    Anonymous51

Post by Anonymous51 Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:54 am

What happened to second and third place?! Second place got 10k and third place got 5k Razz
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Female Posts : 359

Character sheet
    Character Name: F.U.R.
    Species: Animal of a sort
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by F.U.R. Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:52 pm

Not only that, but 2nd place got a custom title.
    1st place go the following:
    -Ability to create a guild or $25,000
    -Custom title
    I think you should fix that or something.
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:43 pm

Aero wrote:The staff and I have discussed the winners, and because of the amount of entries the prizes are going to be 1st place with an entry prize of $2,500 for everyone else.
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Character sheet

Post by F.U.R. Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:05 pm

I see, alright then. Thank you.
    Anonymous51
    Anonymous51

Post by Anonymous51 Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:35 pm

"Staff discussed"
    Fur is staff and didn't know
    #Rigged System
    #GiveUsOurPromisedRewards and mai red color

Not our fault others didn't try our, shouldn't be a liar and take back promised rewards Razz
    Solace
    Solace

Female Posts : 95

Character sheet
    Character Name: Solace Winterfell
    Species: Shifter
    Alignment : Chaotic Good

Post by Solace Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:27 pm

You don't even get a colour, you just get a little thing under your name, like Shuddar the Nightfury xD
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Character sheet

Post by F.U.R. Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:07 am

Aero's word is final, whether it was "staff discussed" or not. In fact, I probably miss it since most staff discussions happen while it's night for me. I wouldn't be surprised if it was decided while I was offline.
    Anonymous51
    Anonymous51

Post by Anonymous51 Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:48 am

It is very simple.  Either rewards promised are delivered, or staff lie.  I see no clause about not enough people joining for rewards.  I not even getting second place, irk is.  If this is how you want to start your revival as staff, then great start.  Like seriously, idk why you guys even try to all of a sudden decide no rewards that were promised. I've been insulted by others now too for standing up for people to keep their word too in cbox. You think I'm a trouble maker? I'm literally keeping you guys honest with your promises >.>
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Character sheet

Post by Aero Dynamic Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:55 am

After a bit more consideration I have decided to give back the prizes. Irk, please PM me with your custom name.
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Character sheet

Post by F.U.R. Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Shudaar wrote:It is very simple.  Either rewards promised are delivered, or staff lie.  I see no clause about not enough people joining for rewards.  I not even getting second place, irk is.  If this is how you want to start your revival as staff, then great start.  Like seriously, idk why you guys even try to all of a sudden decide no rewards that were promised.  I've been insulted by others now too for standing up for people to keep their word too in cbox.  You think I'm a trouble maker?  I'm literally keeping you guys honest with your promises >.>

I apologize that you feel singled out,mistreated, or even cheated. Next time, we will make sure to communicate any and all changes with events, plots, rules, and ect. All of the former prizes will be/have been handed out. Thank you for reading, and may you have a lovely day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 pm