The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Holy Light [Mission RP] ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Holy Light [Mission RP] OoC81
ROA

+2
Akreious
Yuuki
6 posters

Holy Light [Mission RP]

Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

Female Posts : 324

Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

Holy Light [Mission RP] Empty Holy Light [Mission RP]

Post by Yuuki Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Yuuki waited outside of the temple for the rest of the recruited people. She had been hired to clear this temple and do god-knows-what. According to the dude who assigned the mission, nobody actually knew what was inside, and even if they did go in, they never made it out alive. If they did, they were apparently too traumatized to speak. Yuuki cast her senses out, hoping to discover anything inside. Either it was concealed tightly with some short of shield or something, or... there was nothing in there... nothing alive, that is. This thought made her a bit wary. She paced back and forth, waiting a bit impatiently. She knew Ariko was one of those that volunteered, but she didn't know the third and last member.
    Akreious
    Akreious

Male Posts : 229

Character sheet
    Character Name: Ariko Uszuniragi
    Species: Saiyan
    Alignment : Chaotic Good

Holy Light [Mission RP] Empty Re: Holy Light [Mission RP]

Post by Akreious Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Ariko sleepily walked down the path towards Yuuki, giving a tired yawn. "it's too early... Can I sleep longer...?" Ariko complained. He'd usually sleep 3 more hours, but woke up early to get here on time. He never really dedicated himself to fighting, so he thought getting in a workout here and there wouldn't hurt. "If we see one of those Chim-Chim things, I get to fight one of them..." he said through his teeth, trying to stop himself from yawning. His tail had been dragging across the ground until he stood next to Yuuki, his jacket and clothes put on quickly with little care.
    Hunter Dracon
    Hunter Dracon

Male Posts : 67

Character sheet
    Character Name: Hunter Dracon
    Species: Human/Night Fury/Phoenix Hybrid
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by Hunter Dracon Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Hunter sped through the sky in his creature form. As he neared his destination he morphed into his human form and flared his wings to slow down. he hovered in the air for a few seconds trying to locate the temple he'd been tasked to help clear out. He unslung his rifle and brought it to bear. Using the scope as a pair of binoculars he spotted the temple. Hunter flapped his wings and shot through the air, descending at a constant rate.

~ya'll are gonna see a vapor trail right about now.~
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Yuuki glanced up to see a vapor trail headed their way. She grimaced, but decided to ignore it for the time being. She motioned for Ariko to follow her and headed inside the temple. Just as she set foot into it, an icy wind blew into her face, and coldness descended all around her. What? That wasn't right. How could it have just dropped from a warm temperature to suddenly below freezing? Not that she was actually affected by the cold, but it still unnerved her. Something in here was definitely not right.

She glanced from side to side. It was pitch dark, she couldn't see anything at all so she switched on a flashlight, shining it around curiously, until it landed on something.... no, someone... The scent of decaying hit her nose, and she gagged. It sent a shiver up her spine, and she choked back the vomit that tried to escape her at the gruesome sight. It was of a man, in tattered temple robes so he was obviously a priest. His robes were fine, a bit dusty and scratched up, but fine nonetheless. His body was a whole other story. It was completely mutilated; deep scars and gashes raced across his bare back, while his legs and one arm seemed to have been completely ripped off.. no.. bitten off, as if a dinosaur had eaten them. But no, that couldn't be right either. The teeth marks surrounding the bitten off area were too dull, it was shaped more like a human's mouth. His remaining fingers were bloodied and scarred, as if he had been scratching the ground like it were a scratching post. His face was also bloodied, an eyeball gone, leaving behind an empty socket. His nose was broken at a painful angle, and a part of his head was missing. Dried blood was splattered all around.

Yuuki stepped back, forcing the bile down her throat. What the hell did this....? She still couldn't feel any signs of life as she looked around, stepping forward with even more caution. An ear-piercing shriek suddenly split the air, and a shape suddenly lunged out of the shadows. Yuuki dodged in the nick of a time and shined the flashlight onto the creature. It was decaying, rotting, with a gaping mouth and soulless eyes. It wore priest robes, and black blood leaked out of uts and gashes. No signature... undead... Zombies. It was a zombie.

~Dun dun dun..~
    Hunter Dracon
    Hunter Dracon

Character sheet

Post by Hunter Dracon Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:35 pm

A loud crack sounded off. A gunshot. The zombie's head exploded and it's neck smoked. Hunter stood in the temple doorway, the feathers on his wings fluttering slightly in the breeze, and his rifle raised with barrel muzzle smoking. "I suggest you do some research on this place before you enter next time." he said as he lowered his rifle. you could hear the spent shell casing bouncing off somewhere.
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Yuuki snorted, looking at the new guy. Hunter. "Not possible," she said, before kicking another zombie away. The zombies didn't actually go down and die, though. They kept moving, attacking at astonishing speeds for humans. "Nothing was known about this temple, except for the fact that the priests were suspected to be practicing dark magic. This must have happened when something went wrong." The priest on the ground, the one that was mutilated, suddenly shuddered. Its one surviving hand shot out to grab Yuuki's ankle, but she was able to lift it up in time, and brought it down with a satisfying crack. "It's not just zombies in here... I highly bet there's something else lurking in here. Were you assigned to this mission?" She fixed Hunter with an emotionless and cold gaze. "If you were... I am the leader here. I don't care that you already have a commanding officer. This is my mission, and I was appointed as leader. You will listen to my orders. Do you understand?" The cold and hard tone that she used always succeeded to make people listen to her, and respect her, even One and Seika.

She turned to the rest of the zombies, who were still staying out of the light of her flashlight. They hissed and snarled at her, and she glared at them in return. "These zombies won't be dying anytime, so we need to round them up and trap them in a place."

~Ok, Hunter. You are NOT going to take them all out within one or two or three posts or I will ignore your post and keep doing what I'm doing.~
    Hunter Dracon
    Hunter Dracon

Character sheet

Post by Hunter Dracon Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:19 pm

"i don't follow orders from people i don't know. Even you. I may trust you but following orders isn't something i do easily." Hunter said as he strapped his rifle back across his back. Drawing one of his swords with his right hand and unsheathing a hidden blade in the other he charged at one of the zombies, hacking it to pieces. "if you want me to follow your orders you have to actually earn my allegiance." he said as he sheathed the sword and drew his lever action pistol. He aimed straight up and fired. He pumped the lever and spun around, shooting a completely different creature as it fell from his first shot with the LAP.

~i didn't kill every zombie. And a zombie's weak point is usually it's head. git ur facts right m8.~
    Akreious
    Akreious

Male Posts : 229

Character sheet
    Character Name: Ariko Uszuniragi
    Species: Saiyan

Post by Akreious Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:37 pm

(She's sort of the admin Dracon, she can decide if the Head really is the weakness or not >_> RESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS!)

Ariko blinked as Yuuki hopped into the temple. He followed along, Ariko easily saw in the darkness of lumbering zombies. Ariko pushed on to the side until one of them died from his team mates, and Ariko followed suit, Punching the zombie in the stomach and the insides scatter across the walls. "too strong...?" he winced, before kicking off the head of another zombie and delivering a chop from the throat down, slicing the zombie in half. Ariko grabbed a zombie and thrown it into a group of zombies, sending them flying. Although most that were hit were crippled, they were still moving and trying to eat our brains out. "What is this....... people?" he said obliviously, thinking they're normal humans. Ariko kicked another zombie into the wall and slides a few meters away from Dracon. "Wait, isn't Yuuki leader of mission? why do you act so... mean?" He asked with an oblivious face. Whilst talking, Ariko grabbed two zombies and smashed their bodies together, turning them into mush. "... Is there a shower or something here?" he asked as his body is covered in gore and blood.

(What did you kill? Chimeras are later on in the topic)
    Hunter Dracon
    Hunter Dracon

Character sheet

Post by Hunter Dracon Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:05 pm

~just so you know i didn't kill a chimera. it's a mutated zombie mate.~

Hunter just shook his head and spun the pistol pumping the lever on the weapon in the process. He pulled his sword out with his left hand and holstered the pistol back into a custom made holster on his back with his right. He switched the sword to his right hand afterwards and unsheathed his left hidden blade. "I'm a rebel. Simple as that." Hunter said with a shrug.

Last edited by Hunter Dracon on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kuro
    Kuro

Female Posts : 24

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Species:
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kuro Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:25 pm

~Maybe the zombies that you believe in, but these zombies are different. They won't feel pain, and they won't die. Just like those mannequin soldiers in Fullmetal Alchemist.~

Yuuki's voice hardened, dropping to a dangerous level. "I am still the designated team leader or not. This may not be my team, but I'm still responsible for your lives, whether you can take care of yourselves or not. If you don't want to respect that... I don't know what to say." Glancing at Ariko, she said, "They're zombies, Ariko. The undead." Yuuki took out her sai, stabbing one zombie in the face, before changing them into their twin pistol form, and blasted another under the chin. Making sure that her way was cleared and that Ariko and Hunter were out of range, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Frozen shockwave. The air seemed to pulse, before an icy wind blew out from Yuuki in all directions, freezing all zombies around her in place. She opened her eyes again, walking over to a nearby zombie to examine him. "There's a mark on his neck," she observed, peering closer. "Like a brand of some sort.."
    Hunter Dracon
    Hunter Dracon

Character sheet

Post by Hunter Dracon Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:06 pm

"I've been in here before sheila. But stealth was one of my top priorities then. I was here on a lead to figure out what happened to my family." He said with a sad expression on his face. Blood was splattered across his body and wings, he had a small cut across his face. from a zombie's claw. "I hope to find what I was looking for on this mission." Hunter flapped his wings to shed the blood that had landed on them.
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:02 am

"Hm." Was all Yuuki said, as she stood up from the zombie she was examining. She picked up her discarded flashlight and shined it around the large temple, the light not really picking up anything else. "We should go further in. After all, our mission is to clear this temple of whatever's in it." She walked further into the temple. A squeak resonated from underneath her feet, and she stopped in confusion, and bent down, examining the floor. "A trapdoor," she muttered. Feeling for a handle, she finally was able to find it by twisting the pattern on the door. The trapdoor opened ominously, leading into a dark, seemingly endless void. She shined downward, sighing in relief when it actually hit the bottom. She hopped down, and landed in a dimly lit corridor like a maze of some sort. "Interesting.."
    Killian
    Killian

Male Posts : 74

Character sheet
    Character Name: Killian Timere
    Species: Damphir

Post by Killian Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:37 pm

((Did you guys leave the front already?))
    Yuuki
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader

Character sheet

Post by Yuuki Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:23 pm

~Yush. Yush we did~

Yuuki pocketed her flashlight, but her hands instinctively inched towards her concealed weapons. The air was definitely warmer down here, probably around 80 degrees Fahrenheit (SHHH I USE FAHRENHEIT NOT CELCIUS CUZ I'M MURICAN). She walked through the winding maze, not paying any attention to if Hunter or Ariko had followed her or not. Bracing her hand against the wall, she felt along for possibilities of any hidden switches or doors. Finally feeling an unnatural bump, she pushed down, and a door right next to her suddenly slid open, which made her tense in shock, before she relaxed and peered through the door curiously.

It wasn't actually anything that special inside. It was definitely large, though, and rather intricately designed, with golden trimming making random patterns throughout the whole room. It seemed to be like a small island, the ends falling off into pitch darkness. At the center of the room sat a large golden throne, but it was dank and dusty, as if nobody had sat on it in decades. She stepped out onto the pathway and made her way to the chair. Just as she reached the end of the hallway, the room shook, and pieces of the wall crumbled a tiny bit, creating a shower of dust that left Yuuki coughing and covering up her nose and mouth.

"What..?" she mutered, glancing about. There was nothing in the room as of that moment, but Yuuki could dimly sense some strange signature making its way towards her from the other side of the room. From the darkness of the hallway, two glowing amber eyes could be seen.
    Minea
    Minea

Female Posts : 551

Character sheet
    Character Name: Minea
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Minea Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Minea arrived fashionably late to her mission, (seriously sorry about that) and walked into the dark and ominous temple. She could hear the voices of her mission-mates from somewhere close and followed the noise. She soon encountered what she assumed were some kind of zombies. Luckily most of them were already out for the count, so she didn't have to worry much about them. However, she did have to kick way a few of the ones that were somewhat mobile. Before she could stop to say hi or inspect who she was going to have to coexist with, she fell down some sort of trap door. Luckily the fall wasn't that big and she managed to stay unharmed. She looked up from where she fell only to see the darkness, which seemed to have depth to it as it was almost like an oceans of pitch black in the way it moved, lived, and set an disheartening mood, piercing smell the rotten air and feel the cold air. She heard some sort of door open not too far from where she was standing and she tightly grasped the hilt of her sword, awaiting whatever monster may appear whether it be another zombie or something much worse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:48 pm