The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Chrysanthemum ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Chrysanthemum OoC81
ROA

+4
Griffin
Anonymous51
Aero Dynamic
Chrysanthemum
8 posters

Chrysanthemum

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Female Posts : 409

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Chrysanthemum Empty Re: Chrysanthemum

Post by Aero Dynamic Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:03 am

Approved
    Anonymous51
    Anonymous51

Male Posts : 92

Post by Anonymous51 Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Um....why am I listed in your app?
    Griffin
    Griffin

Male Posts : 271

Character sheet
    Character Name: Griffin
    Species: Synthetic
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by Griffin Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:45 am

I think this is the worst example of a character I have ever seen. This goes beyond the levels of a mary-sue. This is a mega-sue. God knows  why Aero accepted you.

Also, I don't really appreciate you sue-ifying Griffin and changing his history. That was pretty uncalled for.
    Askyus
    Askyus

Male Posts : 66

Character sheet
    Character Name: Askyus
    Species: H-MM Prototype

Post by Askyus Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:49 pm

To be honest, I didn't read the entire thing. It's massive, but from what I can gather from several paragraphs and what sections I've looked at makes me agree with Griffon. This has got to be a shining example of everything you shouldn't do with a character.
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Male Posts : 342

Character sheet
    Character Name: Sly
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

Post by sLy Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:42 am

On the basis of basically being superior in every way, being able to ambiguously manipulate others and even alter time and space and creating things out of nothing... I am going to withdraw Aero's approval.

DECLINED.
    Askyus
    Askyus

Male Posts : 66

Character sheet
    Character Name: Askyus
    Species: H-MM Prototype

Post by Askyus Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:57 pm

I have read the entire thing twice, and my opinion hasn't changed. It's clear you've put a lot of effort into your character, and I appreciate that. But I honestly think you've developed this character in the wrong directions. Several traumatic events, infinite beauty, god powers, approval and adoration from everyone around her, combined together they're all the common hallmarks of, well, a generic bad character. If you can imagine yourself in a roleplay with other people, using this character. You would break so many 4th walls, use so much meta, have such an extreme effect on everyone else that it would ruin the RP for everyone, including yourself.

If you'd like to claim those character sheets you stole as name coincidences or your own work, there's a good word for that, it's plagiarism.

Last edited by Askyus on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Troy
    Troy

Male Posts : 286

Character sheet
    Character Name: Troy Neumann.
    Species: Shapeshifter.

Post by Troy Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Chrysanthemum Mary_sue___how_to_tell

Am I helping in anyway doing this?

Also sweet mother of Horus, what did you do to Troy's and Crossfire's backstories and nicknames?! You made them atrocious! Matter of fact, you inserted yourself in everybody's backstory... that's just stupid.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Insanity
    Species: Unknown
    Alignment : Chaotic Evil

Post by Lexia Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:51 pm

One major problem I have is that, with your character, you have put everyone else's profile into your own thread. By doing this, you have power played our character by inserting yourself in their own history. Without anyone's permission. I am going to need you to change that so you don't put yourself into everyone's history and make them your friend or enemy, you should experience the fun and RP that for yourself.

As for your abilities, I reccomend only having 1 or 2 of them, as your character is incredibly powerful. However, I would stay well away from the abilities which Sly has mentioned ( Time, space, void, over the top abilities (ones that can instantly kill)), etc.

I would also like you to have a giant, absolutely giant, flaw with your character. Don't make everyone able to love and sympathise with her due to her traumatic past! You should RP that <3 Rp the relations that you form, but don't have it so everyone loves her no matter what :)

If you would like further clarification, please! By all means, send me a pm and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :)
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Insanity
    Species: Unknown
    Alignment : Chaotic Evil

Post by Lexia Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Hey hey, you don't need to be so aggressive. Believe it or not, people are trying to help you improve your character and giving you pointers. We also do not think that about yourself.

I would still like you to remove some of her abilities, if you don't, I'm afraid that she cannot be accepted as she is. She is too powerful for the site, she has a perfect goddess mode (that is not allowed at all) and you refuse to change it. We do not want someone who is 100% perfect and able to just destroy us all at will or make us do things which we wouldn't do. If you wish to be approved, then you need to take a step back and remove abilities and such. But you must take away the goddess mode.

And as for having everyone sympathise with her, as I said, you have to RP that. You can't just throw yourselves in everyones history, especially because it just isn't true as to what happened. By doing that, you could potentially ruin people's backstories and such. That's not incredibly considerate.

So as I said, here are some pointers as to get yourself approved!
    ~Remove your goddess state.
    ~Remove some of your powers, keep maybe 5 or so, but remove the ones which Sly has mentioned.
    ~Put flaws in your character, don't make them perfect.
    ~Put some flaws in your characters appearance. If they are really so 'perfect' they are a Mary Sue, especially paired with her perfect personality.
    ~Get rid of some of the perks in her personality and make some things which she isn't good at. Maybe she doesn't understand jokes and takes everything seriously? Maybe she doesn't accept help when she needs it and fails because of it? Make your character interesting! Don't make her perfect like she is. Perfection is boring in most cases.
    ~Remove your character from everyones history. This is a must unless you receive permission from the owner of that character to do so.

And remember, we don't want to shut you out, but we want you to come and RP. You cannot control our characters by throwing yourself in our history, it's completely unfair and it just wouldn't happen. I can tell you right now, Lexia would NOT enjoy that nickname at all...

Please, we're honestly trying to help you and we don't want to shut you out :) But we can't let you throw yourself into everyones history, without permission, we also can't allow such an overpowered character in. I'm sorry if you do not approve of this or if it makes you angry, but I feel that's what you need to do to get yourself approved.
    Troy
    Troy

Male Posts : 286

Character sheet
    Character Name: Troy Neumann.
    Species: Shapeshifter.

Post by Troy Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Coincidence? Then tell me... why are everything in the profiles you listed in your app have the exact looks, powers, down to every single detail to our characters? The only things you changed are the nicknames, and a little bit of how the powers work with some. Also, the whole "everybody she loves died, so that doesn't make her perfect!" thing is very Mary Sue like.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:35 am