The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

Staff Applications ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
Staff Applications OoC81
ROA

+3
Anonymous51
Lexia
Aero Dynamic
7 posters

Staff Applications

Aero Dynamic
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

Female Posts : 409

Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Staff Applications Empty Staff Applications

Post by Aero Dynamic Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:07 am

Hello there TB,

Today I will be opening a staff application for those who would like to try out to be a staff member! Staffing can be a hard and stressful job sometimes and there is no pay as this is you volunteering your time to help. Of course you get to help the site and it's members thrive and become a better site. We would like active, helpful, and kind members to fill the positions. People new and old on the site can apply.

At first it will be a trial run of being a mod before you become a full one. This doesn't mean you don't get to do all of the things a regular mod does, it just means you're being tested to see if you can handle and are fit to be one. If at any point you feel like you can't do it, please pm me and we can talk.

Please fill out the application below if you'd like to apply for a staff position
    Code:
    [b]Main Account:[/b] (Which account is your main account/the account you'd like to be a mod on?)
    [b]Site Age[/b] (How long have you been on the site? You can usually check in your profile.)
    [b]Age:[/b] (Actual age please.)
    [b]Activeness:[/b] (How active are you on the site?)
    [b]Staffing Experience:[/b] (What experience do you have being an Admin or Mod of another RP like forum?)
    [b]Contribution:[/b] (What are you planning on doing to help the site and what is an active staff member like? How will you be a good staff member?)

[b]Daisy and Tom are fighting in the chatbox. Daisy is right while Tom is wrong, what do you do?[/b]

[b]An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do?[/b]

[b]You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do?[/b]

[b]What improvements would you make for the site?[/b]

EDIT:

Please be advised that staff will NEVER guarantee a staff position to any members regardless of any circumstances. This is so each and every app are graded and considered fairly. You are more than welcome to post your apps into this topic, but do note that we do not have a definite amount of staff positions available. We will keep you all updated as to any new staff positions being opened or created. What we are also looking for are potential candidates with skills that tailor to what the staff team needs. Therefore those quality apps may have a heavier weight.

If you are selected for a staff position, you will most likely be placed as a trial mod. The trial period typically lasts for 3 weeks, where staff and members judge your capabilities before they are reviewed. Please be advised that we may either shorten or extend the trial period depending on certain circumstances or if the one in trial has demonstrated skills way beyond the level which we expected.

Current Staff Positions Available:

CLOSED

Last edited by Aero Dynamic on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female Posts : 321

Character sheet
    Character Name: Insanity
    Species: Unknown
    Alignment : Chaotic Evil

Staff Applications Empty Re: Staff Applications

Post by Lexia Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Main Account: Lexia

Activeness:
    If you want me to be active, I will be able to come on every single day for a few hours at the very least, post when I can and (hopefully) be able to help others with their apps.

Staffing Experience:
    I am currently a moderator on one site, which I have been for a while now, and a trial mod on another site.

Contribution:
    Most of the contributions are somewhat listed in the last section of this app, but as for the others, I would like to help the site be being active myself and giving any member the chance to RP with me if they so desired. I would expect that, if I were to see a staff member, they will be active, friendly, approachable, helpful and, above all, they would basically be loveable lawgivers.
    I would be able to be a good staff member as I can do all of these things-the only thing which would hold me back would be if I had my own personal issues or had something which I had to do for uni. I would strive to be a friendly face that new members can run up to and ask for advice, a person who would be able to settle arguments between older members, someone who is looked up to for advice. Sure, I might be ‘new’ in the sense that I am not extremely active here, but given the chance, I would be able to be incredibly active and be on for a few hours every day. During this time, I could help members and also help with app reviews as to what is or is not too op and such.
    Overall, I’d like to give this site-and it’s awesome members, the love and devotion that they need to have fun and enjoy themselves.

Arik and Kira are fighting in the chatbox. Arik is right while Kira is wrong, what do you do?
    Tell them to both to quit it (I would word it nicer than that!) as in the rule it states to be respectful of others. By arguing, especially if there are others in the chatbox, they are not being nice nor are they being respectful of others which is violating the rules which are specifically stated. I would tell them to take it to PM and keep the argument out of cbox to try and allow others to be a bit more relaxed.
    However, if they continue, I would give the one continuing a warning, then a kick, then a ban for 24 hours if they continue with their arguments or try to ‘get even’ with someone else. This behaviour isn’t allowed as it is clearly not respecting others and is downright rude.

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do?
    I would go to the admin and asked why they had unbanned the person who had been banned. I would listen to their reason as to the ban, then explain that I had banned them for X reason. From there, I would leave it up to the admin to keep the member unbanned, or banned. After all, admins are still in charge of the site and their word is almost law. Moderators simply do as their name says; they moderate things.

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do?
    Consult the staff, sometimes you need to take the blow for the betterment of the site. If they choose to completely hate me, then so be it. Sure, sometimes it’s hard to be hated and sometimes it could get me down, but if it was agreed by the staff to do so, then so be it. I have the backing of the staff, and they would be able to support me through the sites hate. Besides, if I have to be hated for the betterment of the site and to improve the site for the members, then so be it. It's something that needs to happen.

What improvements would you make for the site?
    Alright, you want me to say what improvements I would make? Alright. Here we go, and please excuse the list.

-Make it clear what is or is not actually allowed on the site, particularly around the app section. However, it would also be a crackdown on the rules as well. I say this because the other site which I am a moderator for, I am extremely vigilant with making sure that the rules are followed, and I am fair with what I ask.
    Other things included in this is a stable system for grading apps, what I mean by this is clear things which state what is or is not allowed on the site. I would ensure that were would be no bias and that the abilities are equally as powerful as one to the next. This would mean nothing would be in question or in a grey area where members AND staff alike don’t know what’s going on.
    Apps being reviewed and getting approved would also be near the top of my priority list. We all need this to RP, and I could be on often enough to be able to review basically every app-the joys of having too much time to kill at uni...

-Suggest different sorts of events for the site as this could actually boost activity and make it interesting for members on the site as well.

-I would also try to advertise the site a bit more often so that it was actually available for people to see and look at, and also to be aware of. It would be something which the site could use to make it more active, and lets face it, more members would be amazing!

-Rewards! I mean, we all like them right? I would be able to organise these for the site and, more specifically, for events which I would be able to help design and suggest.

These are just a few of the things which I could offer to the site, but that’s all I’d like to state for now...
    Anonymous51
    Anonymous51

Male Posts : 92

Post by Anonymous51 Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Main Account: Shudaar
    Site Age 8 months
    Activeness: Somewhat, not many rps
    Staffing Experience: I've had modding experience on a drama roleplaying forum and admin on another site.
    Contribution: I plan on helping moderate characters and making sure nothing too overpowered is introduced into TB. I would also like to help show new members around the site, help get them introduced into the lore so that everyone can have a good time. Keeping the site fun and making sure no one is being harassed would be another task I would like to help in, as all forums should be a place to relax and have fun, not get into arguments, spread rumors about people, or just generally troll.
    Arik and Kira are fighting in the chatbox. Arik is right while Kira is wrong, what do you do?
    So the first step in a fight is to diffuse the situation. Chatbox is not a place for he said she said, nor any sort of argument. The chatbox is a place where people are supposed to socialize, not bicker and fight. In the case of Arik and Kira, I would tell both of them to not argue in chatbox, and take it to a pm if they feel the need to argue. I would also then tell them both that if they have an issue, to ask a staff member, as they can usually help you. I would then inform Kira that yes, Arik is indeed correct in this situation, and then tell Arik to not argue his point, even if he was correct, in chatbox. Instead, he would just need to ask a staff member to clarify said point, preventing any argument form occuring.

I would first question the admin that unbanned the person I banned, asking for their reason. I would then tell them why I banned said person and why they should stay banned. I would also tell the owner, as said admin should not be unbanning people without consulting the mod who gave the ban. Once it is discussed and both reasons are explained, I would leave it up to the owner to make the final decision.

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do?
    Well, I would do my very best to explain to the community why what I did had to be done, and just try to explain why said thing happened that angered the community. If anyone became hostile while I explained the reasoning, I would ask another staff member to come onto the site and explain to the member why what happened and the reasons for it, as sometimes it is better to hear from others and not from the person who they hate, as human nature tends to ignore the reasoning of someone you dislike.

Better and quicker character app grading. I would also try and keep chatbox clean and friendly when I am on, to improve the experience for all users who are online.
    Leif
    Leif

Male Posts : 60

Character sheet
    Character Name: Leif
    Species: Human
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Leif Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Main Account: Leif
    Site Age 2016-10-24
    Activeness: I’m online for at least an hour a day (most of the time) and I go through most new posts, even if I'm not in that thread (I like to read).
    Staffing Experience: I’m currently a mod on DDRP and DH.  I’ve been a mod on DDRP since late 2014, and a mod on DH since before it publicly opened.
    Contribution: I can help with forum moderation and app grading.  I’m pretty much all-around good at everything that need to be done moderation-wise.

I’d have them both either calm down or leave the chatbox.  If they don’t do that.  I’ll kick them and PM them both (separately) and tell Kira why Arik was right (I’d do it calmly, of course) and tell them that things are being handled.  I’d tell Arik that they were right and tell them that things are being handled.  I would then have them both apologize to each other for fighting.  If they didn’t do that, I’d have them keep away from each other for a little bit while they calm down.

I’d privately ask the admin why they did it, and tell them why I did it.  We’d each tell our sides of the story, and come to a resolution, meeting somewhere in the middle.

I’d probably make an announcement explaining my reasoning for doing whatever I did and get on with life, not caring how other people felt about me.

I can help with general moderation, and I’m learning to code, so that could be useful sometime in the future maybe.  I can help grade apps and keep troublemakers in check.
    F.U.R.
    F.U.R.

Female Posts : 359

Character sheet
    Character Name: F.U.R.
    Species: Animal of a sort
    Alignment : Neutral Good

Post by F.U.R. Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:20 am

Main Account: F.U.R.
    Site Age 1 Year, 2 Months, 12 Days
    Activeness: I go on at least once every single day. I post on a few topics, and I try to participate in site activities. For the past few months I have been the top posting user.
    Staffing Experience: I have been a moderator on this forum for a year, moderator on a Pokemon Roleplaying forum for 3 months(until I left), a moderator on a Dragon Roleplaying Forum for about a year and a half, and I was a moderator on Oak Hollow for around or over a year.
    Contribution: I plan on helping keep the site clean of spam and misunderstandings between members. I would like to help create fun events for users to join and I will begin to look over character sheets.

I try to calmly get the two to stop arguing. Once they have settled down, I would explain to Kira, not why she was wrong, but the correct answer for whatever they were talking about. If one of them or both of them refuse to settle down, I would give them a warning.

I would ask the admin for an explanation. If it seemed valid I would accept it, but if it seems invalid I would explain why they were banned. We would exchange thoughts for a bit then decide if they should be banned or not collectively.

I try to explain to the community why that action was taken and how it was for the good of things. If they refuse to stop hating me I will live on with it.

I would like to make The Beyond more active and buzzing. Not only that, but a place where members can have fun. I would also look over character applications to put less work on other staff members.
    Musei
    Musei

Male Posts : 12

Character sheet
    Character Name: Musei
    Species: There are a few guesses, but is unknown.
    Alignment : True Neutral

Post by Musei Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:53 am

Main Account: Most people would recognize me as Nightingale, but I don't have a main account
    Site Age One year, two months, eight days
    Activeness: I am active everyday. Or, almost everyday at least.
    Staffing Experience: I've been a chatbox moderator at this site when it was first birthed, but unlike now, I was inactive. I completely respect that decision made regarding my demotion.
    Contribution: I would like to contribute to this site by reviewing character sheets and creating fun, exciting site-wide events for everyone! I have conducted a site's first major event before, but sadly it was wasted as the site was destroyed. (It was Oak Hollow) I would also like to keep doing what I just like doing in general on this site: helping others out. This can be misunderstandings, questions, and others. This is a thing I already try to do, but I think I can take a step up a notch by doing this. And, oh. What an inactive staff member is like? Let me put it in my case about a year ago: wasn't on for a week. Was only online for two days about every week. And of course, some staff members can go much longer times than that and be inactive! Also, I have different definitions of 'inactive':
    Definition 1: Doesn't log onto the site in any of their accounts.
    Definition 2: Logs in but doesn't participate even though they have the time to.

I politely confirm that Arik is right and see how it goes from there. If Kira holds a grudge and won't let it drop? I say that Arik is correct again, a little sterner this time with a warning that she will be kicked out of chatbox. If the problem persists, she will be kicked out of chatbox and be sent a private message regarding what she did wrong. Just fussing over who is right and who is wrong is more of a petty thing to carry out a harsh punishment for, and I tell her to drop it. It's not worth fighting over-- and if it is, bring it to the private messaging inbox or Skype and discuss it there. No need bringing your problems to the site and infecting others with your bad mood(yes, bad moods are contagious).

I explain to the administrator why I banned the user in the chatbox. I tell them what the user did wrong. If the admin. tells me what I did was too harsh, alright. I'll let them take it under control.

I explain to them by reasoning for what I did and go in detail. I tell them everything that was going through my head at that moment I did what I did. I will point out all the variables there were, good and bad, and what I did was rid all or most of the bad ones. There are some people out there who had no idea what happened and are just hating me because they have been told all the bad parts of what I've done. I've been there. I'm sure other people on this site have, too. So everyone deserves to know the truth, and if they still want to hate me, go for it. I can't control people's feelings. I trust the administrators will take care of any other complications and try to wind things down.

Well, I'd love for it to be more active! It's a fairly active site already, but an active site is a fun site. When people who aren't members yet take a look at The Beyond and see how active it is, they'll (probably) think, "huh, this site must not be half bad". And that's what we should be aiming for.

Thank you for reading over my application for moderator!
    Cedric
    Cedric

Male Posts : 92

Character sheet
    Character Name: Cedric
    Species: Paradigm
    Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Post by Cedric Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:16 am

I'm going to be posting my app into the public now, but note that I had sent it in privately to Aero and the other admins to vote on.

Main Account: Cedric
    Site Age 16 days.
    Activeness: I try and come on every day, and have it on my phone in case anyone new has questions.
    Staffing Experience: I'm an Admin on Dristan's forum.
    Contribution: (What are you planning on doing to help the site and what is an active staff member like? How will you be a good staff member?)

I hope to encourage people to be creative. We have so many people writing fanfics of character ships, so many artists, and so much talent that could grow if they were given room. I'd work on coding in an area for all of this creativity, to give them room to develop their skills.

An active Staff member is going to always be available- or have a way of contact if they're not online. Granted, Admins have school and sleep, but there's always at least one online. If there's a true issue on the site, that one admin can be the catalyst that solves it- either on their own in a way that helps every member, or by being the one who reaches out to each staff member to gather them online to help resolve whatever the issue may be.

I hope I'll be a good staff member, because I genuinely want to help. My coding ability is how I became an admin on my home site, but I don't want that to be the only thing that I'm leveled with. I want to help everyone here consider everyone else a friend. For them to be able to walk out of whatever stress their life is bringing them right now, and see that this place is a haven where they can be themselves without fear of constant judgement. Everyone has an issue that they want to get through, but a place where they can escape or get advice is an opportunity they should have.

(Lol. Jumble the name, I like it.)
    Honestly, I'd try and calm them down before doing anything. They shouldn't be arguing publicly anyway, so I'd take them to either PM or Skype to talk to them. If Arik's right, then I'll have to guide Kira through how, showing him that there's no legitimate reason for an argument. Then I'll warn them both about the chat rules, and that they should be more careful about what goes on in the public chat area. After that, I'll attempt to get them to apologize to each other, because misunderstandings come by easily. When they've agreed to stop the argument, I'll consider it a victory and continue on my merry way.

I'll calmly ask why the Admin unbanned them- maybe they thought that they had been banned before, or the Admin thought it was a mistake. I'll explain why they were banned, and offer chat logs/screenshots to have the proof of ban. If it was a mistake, then we'll explain to the member that it was such and resume the ban- temporary or otherwise. If it was my mistake, I'll personally apologize to the banned member and adamantly say that it won't happen again.

I explain why I did it. If there was someone acting hilarious, or was someone's close friend that I had to ban because they broke the rules, I'd show the proof and explain it thoroughly. Sometimes being staff means that I have to be the bad guy to enforce the rules. I'd be sad that I was hated, but know that I did it for the right reason in the end.

Honestly, I'd probably fix up an area for creative input, inviting anyone who wanted tutorials for coding, art, graphics, or people just wanting to post their creativity to. I'd take suggestions from members, working their input into the site as well. After all, we're only as strong as our bond with the community.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am