The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Beyond Burger®

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

The Beyond Burger®

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Beyond Burger®. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

I forgot my password

Quick Links

https://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png

ZER0 ZYQbJZc

News

-Welcome our newest member, https://thebeyond.rpg-board.net/u254

-Does the site seem a bit empty? Maybe you should check out the site's Discord! Join here!

-With school back in session, many people will be busy. If there are any questions, feel free to message the staff. Have fun rping!

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Mari Amaterasu
by Mari Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 am

» Azalea
by Lexia Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 am

» Anti-Gun Orb v1.0
by sLy Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 am

» Zara Stein (WIP) CPP Soldier
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am

» Lore: The Joevak Empire (The Commonweath of Phoenix Prime) WIP
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

» Lore: The Nypherian Empire
by Defaox Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

» Buying/Selling in the Marketplace
by Aero Dynamic Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am

» Sly's Weapons and items
by sLy Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

» Sell directly to the marketplace
by sLy Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
ZER0 OoC81
ROA

2 posters

ZER0

Griffin
    Griffin

Male Posts : 271

Character sheet
    Character Name: Griffin
    Species: Synthetic
    Alignment : Neutral Good

ZER0 Empty ZER0

Post by Griffin Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:14 pm

----------------------
    Personal Info:
    -----------------------
    Name: SPECTRE UNIT 0.
    Nickname: ZER0.
    Sexuality: N/A.
    Species: 'SPECTRE' DRONE.
    Alignment: THIS UNIT IS BOUND TO ITS LEGAL OWNER AND IS NOT ALLOWED IT'S OWN OPINIONS, EVEN IF IT WERE CAPABLE.
    -----------------------
    Guild:
    -----------------------
    Guild: THIS UNIT IS GOVERNMENT PROPERTY AND MILITARY EQUIPMENT.
    -----------------------
    Appearance:
    -----------------------
    Height: 6'7 ft.
    Skin/Fur/Scales, Etc.: TITANIUM AND POLYMER.
    Eyes: N/A.
    Hair: N/A.
    Looks:
    Spoiler:
    ----------------------
    Specialties:
    ----------------------
    Hobbies/skills: THIS UNIT IS PROGRAMMED AND DESIGNED TO PREFORM FLAWLESS MARTIAL ARTS, PRECISION, MARKSMANSHIP AND STEALTH.
    Combat style: THIS UNIT SPECIALIZES IN AN INFILTRATOR/ASSASSIN-ESQUE STYLE OF COMBAT.
    ---------------------
    Personality:
    ---------------------
    Personality: WE WILL ONCE AGAIN INFORM AND ASSURE YOU THAT THIS UNIT IS NOT SENTIENT OR CAPABLE OF THOUGHT AND EMOTION.
    Likes: WE WILL ONCE AGAIN INFORM AND ASSURE YOU THAT THIS UNIT IS NOT SENTIENT OR CAPABLE OF THOUGHT AND EMOTION.
    Dislikes:WE WILL ONCE AGAIN INFORM AND ASSURE YOU THAT THIS UNIT IS NOT SENTIENT OR CAPABLE OF THOUGHT AND EMOTION.
    Fears: WE WILL ONCE AGAIN INFORM AND ASSURE YOU THAT THIS UNIT IS NOT SENTIENT OR CAPABLE OF THOUGHT AND EMOTION.
    ---------------------
    Family:
    ---------------------
    Parents: N/A.
    Mate: N/A.
    Offspring: N/A.
    Relative: N/A.
    Brothers/sisters: N/A.
    ---------------------
    History: THIS UNIT WAS ENGINEERED AND PRODUCED BY N.R.I. (National Robotic Infantry).
    ---------------------
    RP paragraph: Not needed.

Last edited by Zer0 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:49 am; edited 5 times in total
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Male Posts : 342

Character sheet
    Character Name: Sly
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

ZER0 Empty Re: ZER0

Post by sLy Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:19 pm

Zer0 wrote:
    PLASMA BASED 'HIDDEN' BLADE
    THIS UNIT IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADVANCED PLASMA BLADE ON IT'S RIGHT WRIST. THIS BLADE CAN BE SHEATHED AND UNSHEATHED AT WILL. THE PLASMA CAN SLICE THROUGH ARMOR EFFORTLESSLY WITH TERRIFYING SURGICAL PRECISION.

One reason I wanted the apps to wait until the revamp is done is because there is a separate thread for creating weapons and items. The plasma swords, by itself is pretty overpowered because of its 'surgical precision' and ability to practically slice through anything. If you want to keep this, I would suggest adding limitations that is preventing Zero from practically activate these blades, then hack and slash like a flailing lunatic until the thing is dead.

[quote=Zer0"]THE 'REAPER':
    A POWERFUL, CUSTOM .50 CAL BOLT ACTION SNIPER-RIFLE EQUIPPED WITH A 24X SCOPE FOR LONG RANGE COMBAT. EVEN WITH STANDARD BULLETS, THIS RIFLE WILL PUNCTURE AN ARRAY OF ARMORS.
    Spoiler:
    [/quote]

Preferably, I would like to know the thickest steel armour it can penetrate to avoid vagueness.

Zer0 wrote:
    Strengths:

• Zer0 is a machine, thus, it is physically superior to organics. It is extremely strong and can bend metals with little to no effort. It can also punch straight through sheets of metals, depending on the type of metal. This enables him to be able to snap human bone like a twig and easily shatter a skull with a well placed blow. It cannot get tired and does not have the weakness of pain.
    • Zer0 cannot die of many things organics can. This includes starvation, thirst, oxygen deprivation, radiation, poisons, toxic gases, organ failure, health issues, age, ect.
    • Zer0, like all quality machine, is flawless at what it is programmed for. This includes martial arts, surgical precision, marksmanship and stealth.
    • Zer0 is a master tactician.
    • Zer0 is extremely intelligent.
    • Zer0 has practically instantaneous reflexes. This is another perk of being machine. This does not mean it can dodge bullets, however.
    • Zer0's body is bullet-resistant.

That's...quite a lot. The last two, I immediately noticed, is contradictory. So he cant dodge bullets but theres no point doing so anyways if he is bullet-resistant. Again, I would like to know the thickest sheet of steel armour Zero can punch through. As well as 'unmatched' strength, he is also extremely intelligent as well, which is giving a lot of Gary Stu vibe about him. It is basically impossible to beat him regardless unless you can exploit his weaknesses, which I am hoping is a lot to balance all this.

Zer0 wrote:
    Weaknesses:

• Zer0's systems can overheat in intense temperatures. Temperatures over 280 degrees Fahrenheit can be potentially dangerous if it is left in these temperatures too long.
    • Zer0's systems can also freeze. Temperatures below -30 degrees are especially dangerous for it.
    • Zer0 has 'weak spots'. These spots include his joints, neck and stomach. These areas are made of polymer. While polymer is able to resist a short beating from less powerful bullets, Zer0 still must be careful.
    • Zer0 can short-circuit if he comes into contact with an intense amount of electricity. Small amounts will fail to phase or harm him and will instead turn him into a living lightning rod. This goes for medium amounts of electricity as well, however, it will cause him a significant amount of 'pain'.

Yyyyyyyyeah he's overpowered. Not many will have the ability to throw fire or ice to throw off Zero's temperature. Not many had electricity ability as well, so I don't see how the majority can beat him without exploiting those weak spots (which are practically impossible to hit anyways thanks to his superb reflex. All he needs to do is twitch and anything going for those spots are bounced off by his stronger armour). I think you will need more weaknesses that is preferably limiting his entire arsenal. Something I would suggest is giving him an 'overheat' weakness, where he can't engage in long battles without overheating his circuits, which would greatly inhibit his strengths.

Zer0 wrote:

Special abilities:

Cloaking
    Zero can, for a short amount of time, become completely invisible. It also disguises his heat signature by regulating his system temperatures to match the environment around him.

I may need an actual longest duration he can cloak. Aside from that, it should be good to go.

Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Problem was, I couldn't think of anymore weaknesses. Have a look now.
    sLy
    sLy
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Male Posts : 342

Character sheet
    Character Name: Sly
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

Post by sLy Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:20 pm

2 more things:

You need to define the maximum thickness of steel Zero can punch through (must be less than 2inches)

Just make it clear that the plasma swords recharge are also connected to Zero's main battery and you are good to go.
    Griffin
    Griffin

Character sheet

Post by Griffin Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:22 pm

Edited again...
    sLy
    sLy